2017 Draft Class by bluejaybrandon [v3.5 Update Released]

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: 2017 Draft Class by bluejaybrandon [V2 Update Released]

Postby Wzvd on Mon May 29, 2017 10:40 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:No rude at all man! I appreciate you compiling this. I was actually planning on releasing V3 tonight with a lot of these updates along with TS's Lonzo Cyberface. Just some minor things...I don't totally agree on all of your position related stuff but will take many into consideration. For example, I really don't see Giles as a 5 at the next level. Another thing is that because the wingspans are measured by a slider, it makes getting those accurate to be a challenge but I will try. Thanks for all this information and I'll be sure to throw a credit your way for V3.

I figured that about the wingspans, I never really could tell how to get them accurate.

I don't think Giles will be a 5 at the next level, he just doesn't have the skills to really play the 4 at the NBA level in my opinion (at least not now). I think it's just a matter of his bounce returning. I feel a similar way about Adebayo too minus the bounce part.

Another thing I think would be cool is to add some of the pre-existing injuries to guys like OG and Sumner (I don't know how much time they'll miss).

I do like your ratings for the most part, I think some guys are a little too high but that's just based on my personal rankings of the prospects. I always hated classes that have everyone at 85 overall so this is great.

No need to give me credit either, I didn't add anything I just compiled a bunch of updated info and added some opinions to it lol. Thanks though, can't wait to see the new update!
Wzvd

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon May 29, 2017 11:05 am

Wzvd wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:No rude at all man! I appreciate you compiling this. I was actually planning on releasing V3 tonight with a lot of these updates along with TS's Lonzo Cyberface. Just some minor things...I don't totally agree on all of your position related stuff but will take many into consideration. For example, I really don't see Giles as a 5 at the next level. Another thing is that because the wingspans are measured by a slider, it makes getting those accurate to be a challenge but I will try. Thanks for all this information and I'll be sure to throw a credit your way for V3.

I figured that about the wingspans, I never really could tell how to get them accurate.

I don't think Giles will be a 5 at the next level, he just doesn't have the skills to really play the 4 at the NBA level in my opinion (at least not now). I think it's just a matter of his bounce returning. I feel a similar way about Adebayo too minus the bounce part.

Another thing I think would be cool is to add some of the pre-existing injuries to guys like OG and Sumner (I don't know how much time they'll miss).

I do like your ratings for the most part, I think some guys are a little too high but that's just based on my personal rankings of the prospects. I always hated classes that have everyone at 85 overall so this is great.

No need to give me credit either, I didn't add anything I just compiled a bunch of updated info and added some opinions to it lol. Thanks though, can't wait to see the new update!

I will certainly try to get the wingspans as accurate as possible.

As for the injuries, I had injuries added initially but the issue is that when actually used in-game, the injuries tank the overall of those players. In real life, OG's overall may be hurt because of his injury but he's still potentially a late lottery pick. I don't think that can't be replicated in the game.
bluejaybrandon

Postby TGsoGood on Mon May 29, 2017 12:33 pm

Yeah, injuries will totally mess up a guys draft stock in this game.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lBATEMANl on Mon May 29, 2017 12:57 pm

Perrantes' name is actually spelled London btw, not sure why you thought it was spelled with an A. :D
lBATEMANl

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon May 29, 2017 3:56 pm

tomortlieb wrote:First off - I love the work. Thanks for the time you have put into it.

One request - Is it possible to use a smaller body model for Fultz? It seems like his head is a little smaller for his body. Thanks!

While I agree, I was unfortunately not the creator and I'm not skilled in that department so I'm at the mercy of a talented cyberface or body modder on these forums.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Kaunietis22 on Tue May 30, 2017 3:16 am

Can you please release v3 tonight man?
Kaunietis22

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue May 30, 2017 4:02 am

Kaunietis22 wrote:Can you please release v3 tonight man?

I will try for tonight. It's gonna be a pretty big update so we shall see.

Edit: I'm not sure I'll be able to get it tonight as work is pilling up.

The next update will include removing anyone returning to school and adding those relevant players who have declared/are mocked. I will have added an additional 14 players with portraits included, along with the Lonzo Ball cyberface. I have also fixed most of the measurables.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Kaunietis22 on Wed May 31, 2017 4:22 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:

The next update will include removing anyone returning to school and adding those relevant players who have declared/are mocked. I will have added an additional 14 players with portraits included, along with the Lonzo Ball cyberface. I have also fixed most of the measurables.

Would be cool to have Fox's and Josh Jacksons Cyberface!
Kaunietis22

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed May 31, 2017 4:44 am

Kaunietis22 wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

Agreed, but as I've said before I'm unsure how to create cyberfaces. I'm at the mercy of those with that talent and there is very little interest in Draft Prospect cyberfaces by both creators and consumers. Hopefully this changes as the draft approaches but we shall see.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Kaunietis22 on Wed May 31, 2017 5:37 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Kaunietis22 wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

Agreed, but as I've said before I'm unsure how to create cyberfaces. I'm at the mercy of those with that talent and there is very little interest in Draft Prospect cyberfaces by both creators and consumers. Hopefully this changes as the draft approaches but we shall see.

Message R4ZOR or post to his thread he looks like a really talented creator and maybe could help?
Kaunietis22

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed May 31, 2017 5:47 am

Kaunietis22 wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
Kaunietis22 wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

Message R4ZOR or post to his thread he looks like a really talented creator and maybe could help?

I have, as he's the one that created the awesome, first several faces in this class. But he's taken a break from modding/has been very busy. I'm not trying to be too pushy with creators. I've PM'd every major cyberface creator on here man. Even offered to donate to them. Sorry to say that the interest is not there.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Kaunietis22 on Wed May 31, 2017 6:16 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Kaunietis22 wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
Kaunietis22 wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

I have, as he's the one that created the awesome, first several faces in this class. But he's taken a break from modding/has been very busy. I'm not trying to be too pushy with creators. I've PM'd every major cyberface creator on here man. Even offered to donate to them. Sorry to say that the interest is not there.

Shame really :\ I hope you can finish this mod because it makes Myleague and mygm so enjoyable!
Kaunietis22

Postby Wzvd on Wed May 31, 2017 9:52 am

I am not very knowledgeable in the CF department either or I'd be more than happy to create some. I could help with portraits but you seem like you've got that pretty much taken care of.
Wzvd

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed May 31, 2017 10:22 am

Wzvd wrote:I am not very knowledgeable in the CF department either or I'd be more than happy to create some. I could help with portraits but you seem like you've got that pretty much taken care of.

Thanks man. Yeah cyberface creation seems to be the weak link of the NBA 2k17 community right now. Don't get me wrong, the ones we do have making cyberfaces are incredibly talented but there's so few that the drought between cyberface releases of any kind seems to constantly grow. I look at like even NBA 2k14's community and there are so many creators pumping out content. One individual created a 2017 draft class with like 20+ cyberfaces. Just unfortunate that that kind of talent hasn't migrated over and produces content like that for 2k17.

As for the portraits, I appreciate it but yeah I'm basically done with the last major additions regarding portraits. From there it will just be minor fixes to the portraits I'm not a fan of. If you're willing to go through V3 when it's released later this week and check on all the measurables like you did for the guys in V2, I would really appreciate it. I like being as close to realistic as I can.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Wzvd on Wed May 31, 2017 10:45 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Wzvd wrote:I am not very knowledgeable in the CF department either or I'd be more than happy to create some. I could help with portraits but you seem like you've got that pretty much taken care of.

Thanks man. Yeah cyberface creation seems to be the weak link of the NBA 2k17 community right now. Don't get me wrong, the ones we do have making cyberfaces are incredibly talented but there's so few that the drought between cyberface releases of any kind seems to constantly grow. I look at like even NBA 2k14's community and there are so many creators pumping out content. One individual created a 2017 draft class with like 20+ cyberfaces. Just unfortunate that that kind of talent hasn't migrated over and produces content like that for 2k17.

As for the portraits, I appreciate it but yeah I'm basically done with the last major additions regarding portraits. From there it will just be minor fixes to the portraits I'm not a fan of. If you're willing to go through V3 when it's released later this week and check on all the measurables like you did for the guys in V2, I would really appreciate it. I like being as close to realistic as I can.

I can definitely do that. I did find some resources to begin learning about creating cyberfaces so maybe I could try my hand there even. Of course I am a beginner so they probably wouldn't reach the level of quality needed to actually use, but you never know.
Wzvd

Postby calejuice on Wed May 31, 2017 12:03 pm

Hey I usually just play on 2K14 but I just finally got 2K17 LOL

So I downloaded the draft class files through those links you provided on the original post, so I am so confused (sorry I am new to 2K17 file stuff), where do I put the files? Because all the %appdata% stuff looks way different... I assumed I put the files there but when I start a MyLeague and I go to load a draft class the file isn't there. I know I am doing something wrong, if anyone can tell me where to put the files that'd be dope LOL
calejuice

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed May 31, 2017 12:05 pm

calejuice wrote:Hey I usually just play on 2K14 but I just finally got 2K17 LOL

So I downloaded the draft class files through those links you provided on the original post, so I am so confused (sorry I am new to 2K17 file stuff), where do I put the files? Because all the %appdata% stuff looks way different... I assumed I put the files there but when I start a MyLeague and I go to load a draft class the file isn't there. I know I am doing something wrong, if anyone can tell me where to put the files that'd be dope LOL

For the actual draft class, you need to download the draft class on 2k share. That information is also provided in the description of this thread.

The files/content downloaded through this thread is put in the "Modded" folder.
bluejaybrandon

Postby calejuice on Wed May 31, 2017 12:15 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:

For the actual draft class, you need to download the draft class on 2k share. That information is also provided in the description of this thread.

Oh I see, sorry still a bit confused LOL

So the downloads on this thread are just to enhance the actual draft class I need to download from 2K share?

Also where is the Modded folder? I do not have one, so I assuming I create one? In %appdata%, Program Files (x86)? Sorry I only know 2K14 modding

Thanks for replying though!
calejuice

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed May 31, 2017 12:30 pm

calejuice wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

Oh I see, sorry still a bit confused LOL

So the downloads on this thread are just to enhance the actual draft class I need to download from 2K share?

Also where is the Modded folder? I do not have one, so I assuming I create one? In %appdata%, Program Files (x86)? Sorry I only know 2K14 modding

Thanks for replying though!

You won't need to do anything with the app data section for modding really.

Download this: NBA 2K17 External File Plugin

It will give you the Modded folder where you will put any files downloaded. Copy everything to the NBA2k17 folder within Steam

The draft class itself is on 2k share under my name: "2017" by "bluejaybrandon"

The downloads on this thread are the assets to complete the draft class. They are cyberfaces, tattoos, and portraits. Without them the draft class will have incorrect faces and portraits. Once you've downloaded these files, put them in the new Modded folder along with any other mods you like.

I can try to go into more detail if you need on some parts but it had been awhile since I've done any of this so I may need to run through it myself lol
bluejaybrandon

Postby VGS Network on Wed May 31, 2017 1:08 pm

no requests just keep up the great work bro. (Y) (Y)
- VGS Network -
VGS Network

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed May 31, 2017 1:17 pm

VGS Network wrote:no requests just keep up the great work bro. (Y) (Y)

Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

On a related note for anyone interested, The V3 Update will be out Friday, June 2, 2017. It will bring the total to 77 players, all of which are actually in the 2017 NBA Draft. Several of the CAP cyberfaces have been reworked and improved. All the previous draft class measurables will be updated. There's tons of little updates that I'll post when the newest version is released.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Kaunietis22 on Wed May 31, 2017 10:14 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
VGS Network wrote:no requests just keep up the great work bro. (Y) (Y)

Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

On a related note for anyone interested, The V3 Update will be out Friday, June 2, 2017. It will bring the total to 77 players, all of which are actually in the 2017 NBA Draft. Several of the CAP cyberfaces have been reworked and improved. All the previous draft class measurables will be updated. There's tons of little updates that I'll post when the newest version is released.

Theres also a Josh Jackson Cyberface in the forum now, not the greatest but better than nothing (y)
Kaunietis22

Postby TGsoGood on Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:40 am

I added a tutorial for assigning cyberfaces on my youtube channel for those of you wondering how to add cyberfaces to this draft class.

bluejaybrandon
I'm trying to finish DeAaron Fox cyberface by tomorrow.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:02 am

TGsoGood wrote:I added a tutorial for assigning cyberfaces on my youtube channel for those of you wondering how to add cyberfaces to this draft class.

bluejaybrandon

I saw that video and its incredibly helpful for the community. All of the cyberfaces you and R4zoR make will be integrated into the draft class but for those wanting to add other faces I'm sure it will be helpful.

As for the DeAaron Fox cyberface, you made my week!
bluejaybrandon

Postby Wzvd on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:55 am

TGsoGood wrote:I added a tutorial for assigning cyberfaces on my youtube channel for those of you wondering how to add cyberfaces to this draft class.

bluejaybrandon

Could you help me out a little with creating the CFs? I don't need you to make a video tutorial or anything, I'm just not sure how to edit them properly.

I watched your video on importing to blender to edit the bodies but I am not exactly sure how to do the same with faces.

Or am I supposed to just do it in Photoshop?
Wzvd

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding