MATT BARNES (GSW) RELEASED - PORTRAITS BY SHUAJOTA

Release or preview patches for NBA 2K17.

MATT BARNES (GSW) RELEASED - PORTRAITS BY SHUAJOTA

Postby Shuajota on Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:59 am

Shuajota

Re: MATT BARNES (GSW) RELEASED - PORTRAITS BY SHUAJOTA

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:19 am

No offense but I would stick to dornas. It's something nobody else is doing and this portrait is pretty low quality.
bluejaybrandon

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:44 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:No offense but I would stick to dornas. It's something nobody else is doing and this portrait is pretty low quality.

Haven't seen any matt barnes portrait, maybe you can do one with a better quality, since portraits is your field of work
I Hate Mondays

Postby Kevmire on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:27 am

Great job! How about a Jose with the Hawks?
Kevmire

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:39 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:No offense but I would stick to dornas. It's something nobody else is doing and this portrait is pretty low quality.

Haven't seen any matt barnes portrait, maybe you can do one with a better quality, since portraits is your field of work

The problem is people making portraits on here are settling for Getty Images which are not very high quality imo. You need high resolution images and downsize them, the issue is that high resolution images of specific players don't make their way to image search results often. I'm keeping my eye out daily for traded player portraits but not much to work with. Got a few in the works though.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:41 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
I Hate Mondays wrote:

The problem is people making portraits on here are settling for Getty Images which are not very high quality imo. You need high resolution images and downsize them, the issue is that high resolution images of specific players don't make their way to image search results often. I'm keeping my eye out daily for traded player portraits but not much to work with. Got a few in the works though.

Actually, I have used a ton of getty images for my All Time Teams and Draft Roster. And some of them are very high quality and the right size, you just have to find them. The pain in the butt is getting rid of (By cloning, etc) the "Getty images" box that is sometimes on the body/ball/shorts. I don't just use Getty Images, but they cannot be counted out as good options. I have a lot of high quality portraits on those two rosters.

I try to avoid getty images sometimes for the simple fact that its a pain the butt to get rid of the box.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby R4zoR on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:46 am

I have made one for myself aswell, don't wanna hijack this or anything, but if anyone wants i can post this on my thread
Donations are always welcomed!
R4zoR
9 years of modding
Contributor

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:29 am

Dee4Three wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
I Hate Mondays wrote:

Actually, I have used a ton of getty images for my All Time Teams and Draft Roster. And some of them are very high quality and the right size, you just have to find them. The pain in the butt is getting rid of (By cloning, etc) the "Getty images" box that is sometimes on the body/ball/shorts. I don't just use Getty Images, but they cannot be counted out as good options. I have a lot of high quality portraits on those two rosters.

I try to avoid getty images sometimes for the simple fact that its a pain the butt to get rid of the box.

That' fair that YOU do that and obviously you turn out quality but that's not true of everyone's portraits. Many people find pictures that look too pixelated when put into the game.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:32 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
I Hate Mondays wrote:

That' fair that YOU do that and obviously you turn out quality but that's not true of everyone's portraits. Many people find pictures that look too pixelated when put into the game.

I agree with that.
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby pjt8413 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:19 am

I've found since starting to edit portraits a few weeks ago, it's easiest to go to Google Images and choose a Large Size Over 1200x1200 and also edit the dates for photos to recent time frame. If I can't find what I need there, then I use Getty Images. I only use 16MP or higher now after using less quality for a few players previous. Huge difference IMO.
pjt8413

Postby Shuajota on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:54 am

pjt8413 wrote:I've found since starting to edit portraits a few weeks ago, it's easiest to go to Google Images and choose a Large Size Over 1200x1200 and also edit the dates for photos to recent time frame. If I can't find what I need there, then I use Getty Images. I only use 16MP or higher now after using less quality for a few players previous. Huge difference IMO.

Thanks! I saw that pic and I liked it but I will follow yours advices guys.
Shuajota

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:00 am

pjt8413 wrote:I've found since starting to edit portraits a few weeks ago, it's easiest to go to Google Images and choose a Large Size Over 1200x1200 and also edit the dates for photos to recent time frame. If I can't find what I need there, then I use Getty Images. I only use 16MP or higher now after using less quality for a few players previous. Huge difference IMO.

Yes, this. I'll only use high quality photos from google images, most anything else turns out poorly. That's why I don't download portraits anymore and would rather just make my own because most are not good quality
bluejaybrandon

Postby Shady00018 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:08 pm

Good stuff man!
Shady00018

Return to NBA 2K17 Releases & Previews