Traded Player Portraits - Portrait Pack #4 Released

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Traded Player Portraits - Portrait Pack #3 Released

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:46 am

If you ever update player without portraits, I reall hope you'll use Dest Roster for player's ids. It's the most legit roster around.
I Hate Mondays

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:01 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:If you ever update player without portraits, I reall hope you'll use Dest Roster for player's ids. It's the most legit roster around.

Yeah that's what I use too. I'll probably release some of those players here soon.
bluejaybrandon

Postby zetsuboushta on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:45 am

So, is there no way to assign portraits to players without portraits constantly? Should I do it everytime when enter the game?
zetsuboushta

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:51 am

zetsuboushta wrote:So, is there no way to assign portraits to players without portraits constantly? Should I do it everytime when enter the game?

Start the modifier --> start NBA 2k17 --> press F1 in game --> Load the roster in NBA 2k17 you want to use to assign faces --> Alt + Tab to Modifier --> Hit Refresh Roster List --> Find player you want in list and double click name --> click attributes --> find portrait id in lower corner --> replace with number you have them assigned to --> Alt + Tab back to NBA 2k17 --> Save Roster
bluejaybrandon

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:45 pm

Portrait Pack #4 Released

P.J. Tucker

Serge Ibaka

Bojan Bogdanovic

K.J. McDaniels

Quincy Acy

Joel Anthony

Cameron Payne

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?kakdvpk994s91ri
bluejaybrandon

Re: Traded Player Portraits - Portrait Pack #4 Released

Postby bremi19 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:16 pm

Great thank you!
bremi19

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Nice job man!
I Hate Mondays

Postby menten on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:57 pm

unfortunately most of the portraits look pixelated around the edges ingame :/
menten

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:13 pm

menten wrote:unfortunately most of the portraits look pixelated around the edges ingame :/

They certainly shouldn't because they're all down scaled higher resolution. Which ones, because looking at the posted previews I fail to see any of the pixelation.

Edit: Additionally, some of your portraits are cut off at the waist or legs, so if you wanna come casting stones, fix up that glass house first...
bluejaybrandon

Postby menten on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:31 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
menten wrote:unfortunately most of the portraits look pixelated around the edges ingame :/

They certainly shouldn't because they're all down scaled higher resolution. Which ones, because looking at the posted previews I fail to see any of the pixelation.

almost all of them have some pixelation on the edges. it's not too bad but noticable. are you using sweetfx or some other filter or are you playing at at lower resolution? maybe thats why youre not seeing it

Edit: Additionally, some of your portraits are cut off at the waist or legs, so if you wanna come casting stones, fix up that glass house first...

:facepalm2:
menten

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:54 am

menten wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

almost all of them have some pixelation on the edges. it's not too bad but noticable. are you using sweetfx or some other filter or are you playing at at lower resolution? maybe thats why youre not seeing it

:facepalm2:

Yeah I'm garbage at portraits. You've got the market cornered so best of luck with the rest of your portraits...
bluejaybrandon

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:08 am

The fact that you are both making portraits, is helpful.

However, I stray from portraits with parts of the body/arms cut off, because on some of the screens where you get a full body shot, it just looks out of place and incomplete. Same with photos that clearly still have "getty Images" on them, it looks off.

In regards to "Pixelated" pictures, I've run into this problem a few times, mainly because I HAD to choose a photo of a lesser known player that was too small, and I tried to make it bigger so it matched other portraits.

From his screenshots, I can't see the pixilation, Id have to try them in game. But, usually you can see it when you blow up the screenshot, and I don't.

Either way, glad people find portraits a priority.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:32 pm

So to get these to work in game, all I have to do is change Qiangzhizhaopian from 0 to 1 and place them in the modded folder, regardless of the roster being used?
Uncle Drew

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:55 am

Uncle Drew wrote:So to get these to work in game, all I have to do is change Qiangzhizhaopian from 0 to 1 and place them in the modded folder, regardless of the roster being used?

Correct. Because you are just changing the portraits of players who already have them assigned, just put them in the modded folder and force portraits on
bluejaybrandon

Postby basket2601 on Sun May 14, 2017 3:00 am

Thank you. You do not accidentally have portraits of players that are not in the game?

ulis, dejounte murray, juan/willy hernangomez, whitehead, levert, yogi ferrell, zubac, papagianis, brogdon, luka doncic, bogdan bogdanovic. - These players without portraits
basket2601

Previous

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding