Han's Roster

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Han's Roster

Postby TheGame8544 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:37 am

You can find Han's original post here. You'll need Google Chrome or similar browser to translate: http://game.ali213.net/thread-6120065-1-1.html

Han Roster - Base Files (Only meed to download once and install into Modded folder)

https://mega.nz/#!3V8AHDyK!qPA5rhYzbUqB ... 3WbhMJzGr4

Han Roster - Update 1.8

https://mega.nz/#!KxhyRK7D!997VnC9FHePy ... 1CLu7enHEo

If you haven't already make sure to download the External File Plugin which can be found here:
NBA 2K17 External File Plugin

For the files above, extract the content in the rar files and place both "Modded" folders into your NBA 2K17 directory.

Unsure on whether or not to try this out? Watch this: http://www.bilibili.com/video/av7867605/
Last edited by TheGame8544 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:52 am, edited 11 times in total.
TheGame8544

Re: Ultimate Base Roster by Han

Postby TBM on Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:52 am

No, no. Don't use those links. TheGame8544, just the contents of both waigua folders and zip them up. That's all that needs to be posted. Those go inside the Modded folder.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TheGame8544 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:13 am

TBM wrote:No, no. Don't use those links. TheGame8544, just the contents of both waigua folders and zip them up. That's all that needs to be posted. Those go inside the Modded folder.

I am only just now moving on from 2k14, hence my excitement over this roster mod, so I have absolutely no clue what you are trying to tell me.

All that's included in the links I posted are exactly what Han has you download from the Chinese file sharing site.
TheGame8544

Postby TBM on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:23 am

Fix the links. All the files that are inside of the waigua folders in the links, put them into an archive and post that instead. The links currently will break peoples mods.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TheGame8544 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:52 am

TBM wrote:Fix the links. All the files that are inside of the waigua folders in the links, put them into an archive and post that instead. The links currently will break peoples mods.

Takes too long to upload. I think it's simple enough to just tell people to only copy what's inside the waigua folder.
TheGame8544

Re: Han's Roster

Postby TheGame8544 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:04 am

Mods, feel free to delete this thread. I won't be contributing to this forum.
TheGame8544

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:13 am

Alright then....
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby andreis on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:15 am

TheGame8544 wrote:Links removed. A few bad apples spoil the whole bunch.

You can find Han's roster with downloads over here: http://game.ali213.net/thread-6120065-1-1.html

You'll need Google Chrome or something like that to translate. Good luck.

Typical TBM, very disrespectful. Please try to be polite sometimes.
andreis

Postby PeacemanNOT on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:19 am

All you have to do is fix the links, don't upload the whole directory. Also it's not the Ultimate Base Roster at all. I see that you've fixed the title so thank you.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:25 am

Who would contribute to this forum where everything is free and available to everybody, lol? It's better to have a forum where you have to kiss the OP's ass to continue his work and you get the download link in private via PM *cough cough*
I Hate Mondays

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:32 am

andreis wrote:

You can find Han's roster with downloads over here: http://game.ali213.net/thread-6120065-1-1.html

TBM did nothing wrong here. He just mentioned that the links could use fixing. That's not fair to him.

And reading between the lines, it probably has nothing to do with him wanting to delete the thread. Other factors may be in play.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TBM on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:35 am

lol
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TheGame8544 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:46 am

Dee4Three wrote:
andreis wrote:

TBM did nothing wrong here. He just mentioned that the links could use fixing. That's not fair to him.

And reading between the lines, it probably has nothing to do with him wanting to delete the thread. Other factors may be in play.

Nah, it wasn't really TBM. It was a combination of things. No ass kissing necessary.
TheGame8544

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:09 am

I think we have a great group here, we are just limited with our tools. Gregs tool is awesome, so are the limnono tools we have, and CE is good for some things.

I just feel that in order to accomplish what most everybody wants (A UBR/URB type roster) we need a REDMC type program. We mostly are all working towards the same thing.

I like that you dug deeper into Han Roster, and again, his roster is really great for what it is, and it may serve as a good base.

I am starting to wonder if this just isn't the year for such a complete roster that we are looking for. One that enables us to not only create a Base roster that has a slew of new classic teams, but also allows us to create single season mods (accurate).
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TheGame8544 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:05 am

Dee4Three wrote:I think we have a great group here, we are just limited with our tools. Gregs tool is awesome, so are the limnono tools we have, and CE is good for some things.

I just feel that in order to accomplish what most everybody wants (A UBR/URB type roster) we need a REDMC type program. We mostly are all working towards the same thing.

I like that you dug deeper into Han Roster, and again, his roster is really great for what it is, and it may serve as a good base.

I am starting to wonder if this just isn't the year for such a complete roster that we are looking for. One that enables us to not only create a Base roster that has a slew of new classic teams, but also allows us to create single season mods (accurate).

You are the man. Really appreciate your attitude, friendliness, and open mind.

That's what I really feel like this could be is the beginning of the closest we can get to an Ultimate Base Roster. Also, big news. He is responsive. I asked him to fix the names of a few coaches last night, and it's already fixed today. Thank you Google Translate. Not sure if he'd ever be interested in working together with NLSC, but I doubt he would mind if we used his file as a base as long as we give a link back to the Chinese website and credit to Han.

Regardless of what anyone else does, I'm going to be having a blast with this roster. I've held out hope for over two years that we'd finally have someone crack the roster code and be able to get a full fledged roster editor for current gen. I'm beginning to think it may never happen and is just too difficult to crack. This roster by Han seems like the next best things, especially if he is willing to update a few things we might find wrong.
TheGame8544

Postby pjt8413 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:00 am

TheGame8544 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:I think we have a great group here, we are just limited with our tools. Gregs tool is awesome, so are the limnono tools we have, and CE is good for some things.

That's what I really feel like this could be is the beginning of the closest we can get to an Ultimate Base Roster. Also, big news. He is responsive. I asked him to fix the names of a few coaches last night, and it's already fixed today. Thank you Google Translate. Not sure if he'd ever be interested in working together with NLSC, but I doubt he would mind if we used his file as a base as long as we give a link back to the Chinese website and credit to Han.

Regardless of what anyone else does, I'm going to be having a blast with this roster. I've held out hope for over two years that we'd finally have someone crack the roster code and be able to get a full fledged roster editor for current gen. I'm beginning to think it may never happen and is just too difficult to crack. This roster by Han seems like the next best things, especially if he is willing to update a few things we might find wrong.

How did you contact him? I was hoping to get in touch with him and see if he could change the current team assistant coaches and add some head coaches onto a NEW Official Roster Update that I could use as a base. Also, if you happen to talk to him again, can you ask him what he used to change coaches and how we could obtain a copy of whatever program he used so that we can do it ourselves?
pjt8413

Postby timmyd on Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:29 am

TheGame8544 wrote:

TheGame8544,

That is amazing! Thank you for doing that! you might just break down the doors between NLSC and the chinese modders. If we take your approach and unify, great things will come! GREAT, GREAT things will come! I last used NBA 2k10 with mods, and another NBA 2k slightly there after with an UBR, like you told me earlier, it was the best thing in all of sports gaming.

We might not get to that again, especially since it seem's like 2k has the right individuals to stop that from happening (don't know why they want that to happen, lol). This is still a big step... a big step!
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby TBM on Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:22 am

So can you re-post the links?
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TheGame8544 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:48 pm

pjt8413 wrote:
TheGame8544 wrote:

How did you contact him? I was hoping to get in touch with him and see if he could change the current team assistant coaches and add some head coaches onto a NEW Official Roster Update that I could use as a base. Also, if you happen to talk to him again, can you ask him what he used to change coaches and how we could obtain a copy of whatever program he used so that we can do it ourselves?

Send me your list, and I'll send it to him.

So far, I've been unsuccessful in finding out what he is using to change the coaches. It's obviously easy for him though because I pointed out a few that were wrong, and he fixed them almost immediately. I believe there is a Chinese roster editor available but as of yet, I can't find it. I'm trying.
TheGame8544

Postby TheGame8544 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:50 pm

TBM wrote:So can you re-post the links?

Yeah, I'll repost them. But right now I'm fixing some issues. I need to get just the files zipped without the extra stuff. I may wait until his next update which will probably be in a couple of days.
TheGame8544

Postby TheGame8544 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:52 pm

Actually, he just released a new update! And he's got a mediafire link to make it easier for people like us. I think he knows we are using his stuff and is helping make it easier. Han!!!
TheGame8544

Postby TheGame8544 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:54 pm

My poor Chinese probably gave it away, lol!
TheGame8544

Postby timmyd on Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:28 pm

TheGame8544 wrote:My poor Chinese probably gave it away, lol!

hahaha thank you!
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby Syncinatti on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:29 pm

This is great news! I've been trying unsuccessfully for quite some time now to download the files for Hans roster
Syncinatti

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:26 pm

No hard feelings Mr. Han. I've been using your roster from time to time anyway. I browse the chinese forums daily and I really find the community talented and active. It's just a shame that NLSC mods are public and the chinese community uses them, while some of the threads on game.ali213.net need reading permissions.
The ass kissing wasn't reffered to you, I've seen a guy on the chinese forums modding 2K16 who wanted a specific number of comments on his thread to continue his work and when he got the number of comments he wanted, he released his mod only for few people posting in his thread. Like 20% of them. I believe the guys from NLSC are not that bad compared to those kind of people so I was a little disappointed to see you don't like our community, lol.
I hope this will be a great collab between the two sides. Keep us updated guys (Y)
I Hate Mondays

Next

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding