[ Released ] Draft Class 2017 and onwards w/ Cyberfaces

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

[ Released ] Draft Class 2017 and onwards w/ Cyberfaces

Postby Freeman13 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:20 pm

So, last year I asked if roster editors would allow us to change body types while keeping faces. i.e Shaq body with Spud's face.

And then, I fell off the radar. I got lazy, I had work, I got kids.

And then, a few weeks ago, I lost my job. Whilst job hunting, and playing 2k17, I was always on the lookout for a good draft class roster. I play alot of MyLeague and MyGM. And the one thing I couldn't stand is 2k's horrible generated player faces. So, I found a draft class. Due to me being a bad GM, I always had bad pick numbers and as such, most FDC's didn't provide me with a player WITH cyberfaces.

Your typical draft class ( legends or not ) only provides you with 8 to 15 players with cyberfaces. And that, bugged me. A lot. And so today I present you, my concept of the most realistic ( as I can manage ) draft class.

Features

*Realistic Tendencies

Realistic Atrributes

Cyberfaces for ALL 1st Round Draft Pics

No Duplicate Players*

Creative Custom Names :P

*If an existing player were to appear, it would be well after they retire in-game. I.E - Garnett has retired, so he will be in the final DC.

And now the sad news. Like the title state, this is still very WIP. I appreciate all the help I can get to make this as realistic as possible. As I am new to modding ( not using mods but creating ), I have no idea if some of the ideas I have are possible. Such as

Custom cyberfaces ( Tom Brady in the NBA? )

Custom Bodytypes

Custom Hairstyles

Anyways, let me know what do you guys think of this. Do I have the approval of this community to move forward? Or am I just stealing ideas off people? Perhaps you think that I should be playing with my kid instead of tinkering on draft classes? Let me know. :D

P.S I used to be in Sales and Marketing so pardon the sales speech.

*EDIT* - Forgot pictures. Also, ignore the highlighted duplicates in excel. I'm replacing them with euro league players as we speak. I should elaborate as well that when I meant custom faces and bodytypes I meant having them replace generated players so we have brand new players in the 2k17 every now and then... using Limono.

v1 of Draft 2017 out. Search
[b][center]ID - Fictional DC w/Real Face 2017[size=150]
EDIT - Tweaks needed some more. Hold on.
EDIT 2 - Done
Last edited by Freeman13 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Freeman13

Re: [ Very WIP ] Draft Class 2017 and onwards w/ Cyberfaces

Postby Austrik on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:30 am

Let me know if you need any kind of help with your draft class, since I share most of your ideas and play a lot of MyLeague too. I would be happy to help you make a good draft class project.
Austrik

Re: [ Released ] Draft Class 2017 and onwards w/ Cyberfaces

Postby Freeman13 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:21 pm

So, not a lot of response, possibly due to the only proof that this is being worked on is spreadsheets based. But today, I completed the draft for year 2017.

Here's the thing though, I need play testers. I need you guys to tell me what I can improve on, what needs to be changed, and what can remain from this.

Everything has been heavily edited. For every postion, what I had done was I had a spreadsheet being branched into 2 sides, Offensive Type players and Defensive Type Players, and then I had two more under those categories, Shot Blocker and Rebound for example. The stats and tendencies are copied from real players who I think fits that archetype perfectly, meaning they are either pure rebounders or blockers who can't do anything else. And from there, tendecies and attributes were tweaked to fit what I wanted for each draft member.

But enough talk. Go try it and give me your feedback.

EDIT - Just noticed it needs some tweaks. Will post link when its done again.
Freeman13

Postby Austrik on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:48 am

Can you please release this amazing draft class for offline players?
Austrik

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:03 pm

No reason not to get it through the share facility, unless you've pirated the game.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby lulzme on Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:40 pm

Andrew wrote:No reason not to get it through the share facility, unless you've pirated the game.

So what if someone pirated it?
lulzme

Postby TBM on Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:42 pm

lulzme wrote:
Andrew wrote:No reason not to get it through the share facility, unless you've pirated the game.

Did you pirate it? Lemme know if so. I can help you get the online sharing with the pirated version.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:47 pm

lulzme wrote:

Our Rules about that are pretty clear and straightforward. That's what.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby TBM on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:13 pm

Fuck. I was trying to bait him. :(
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Repaq on Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:48 am

One thing i see is way too many high potential players. And this is only a suggestion and is something i'm trying to do with a draft i'm working on, is make these drafts based on real drafts of the past. Not completely, but as an example 1984 you can have high rated players, not necessarily to the same position or player type of Jordan, Barkley ect. but the same potential and peaks. You can also make busts by giving them high ratings and potentials, but their peak is 18 to 19, so they start declining immediately.
Repaq

Postby lulzme on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:38 am

TBM wrote:Fuck. I was trying to bait him. :(

Hey fuck boy I did pirate so fuck you! I will still get mods off this site and Moddingway. So it doesn't really matter.

Also at the end of the day 2k isn't giving you a dime so why does it matter to you.
lulzme

Postby bigh0rt on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:51 am

:facepalm2:
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding