Modding Progress

Release or preview patches for NBA 2K17.

Re: Modding Progress

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:31 am

mickachiste wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
mickachiste wrote:Ok they are in OC under 3dlogos.iff


Is that a separate file that contains all of the 3d logos for all the times?


They are all in this file, just for the current teams and the precreated teams. The weird thing is that i can't open any of them with blender. They are all .scne...


That's what I was worried about.

It may be the only thing I can't change for my Classic Teams roster, atleast its only that halftime screen
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3613
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Modding Progress

Postby TGsoGood on Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:33 am

The.scne files are just instructions for the .model files.

To open.scne files in blender correctly, ensure that you have the corresponding .model file extracted to the sma directory that ypu have extracted the .scne file to.

Blender is actually manipulating the..model file even though you have to import the .scne file to do so.


- more info:
.scne can be opened in notepad but should be edited and saved only in a hex editor.


At work so I cant really post more.
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2433
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Modding Progress

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:37 am

TGsoGood wrote:The.scne files are just instructions for the .model files.

To open.scne files in blender correctly, ensure that you have the corresponding .model file extracted to the sma directory that ypu have extracted the .scne file to.

Blender is actually manipulating the..model file even though you have to import the .scne file to do so.


- more info:
.scne can be opened in notepad but should be edited and saved only in a hex editor.


At work so I cant really post more.


Okay thanks. I'm at work right now (and will be for the next 6+ hours) so I can't test anything out until I get home.

I may do the first release without those edited, I'm trying to get the meat of the roster completed and don't have time really to mess with that. I was able to change every other logo for the teams, so it looks very authentic.

If you guys love the first release of the classic teams roster, maybe one of you who are fluid in blender will want to give it a try.

I'd like to change those logos to just 2d logos, that would be ideal.
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3613
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Modding Progress

Postby TXMELESS on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:59 am

Question is it possible to use the short shorts mod on one player and not the whole team?
TXMELESS
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:31 am

Re: Modding Progress

Postby TGsoGood on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:51 pm

TXMELESS wrote:Question is it possible to use the short shorts mod on one player and not the whole team?


You can use it on a specific body type but not just one player
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2433
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Modding Progress

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:46 am

I would love to put some of the actual coaches in the classic teams roster, its one of the only authentic things missing. However, I don't have a program that allows me to do it.

Has anybody figured out coaches yet?
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3613
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Modding Progress

Postby mickachiste on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:31 am

Dee4Three wrote:
TGsoGood wrote:The.scne files are just instructions for the .model files.

To open.scne files in blender correctly, ensure that you have the corresponding .model file extracted to the sma directory that ypu have extracted the .scne file to.

Blender is actually manipulating the..model file even though you have to import the .scne file to do so.


- more info:
.scne can be opened in notepad but should be edited and saved only in a hex editor.


At work so I cant really post more.


Okay thanks. I'm at work right now (and will be for the next 6+ hours) so I can't test anything out until I get home.

I may do the first release without those edited, I'm trying to get the meat of the roster completed and don't have time really to mess with that. I was able to change every other logo for the teams, so it looks very authentic.

If you guys love the first release of the classic teams roster, maybe one of you who are fluid in blender will want to give it a try.

I'd like to change those logos to just 2d logos, that would be ideal.


There is maybe a way to change it using the CE. You have the adresses of the 3dlogos like the courts. I try the same way that i used to change courts but everytime it gets reinitialized... Just an idea.
mickachiste
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:17 am

Re: Modding Progress

Postby mickachiste on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:49 am

I find something else on the CE. I looked for the 3dlogos, they are for example chicago_bulls_logo. I changed it for a 2d logo and I have an empty space now instead of the logo... We should find something to make it work !
mickachiste
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:17 am

Re: Modding Progress

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:35 am

Random question...

Remember we used to have the APP "ESPN BottomLIne", it was something that scrolled across the bottom of our monitor and had live updated scores. Obviously, that is not around anymore.

Is there another bottom like anywhere that is similar? and is it possible to get one to overlap NBA 2K17?

Also, is it possible to add a bottom line (non moving one) to the watermark file like we could in NBA 2K14?
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3613
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Modding Progress

Postby Rimbaud82 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:04 am

Hey I have a quick question, are there good tutorials out there for modding jerseys? I made a few simple jersey mods for another game where it's just a case of editing the DDS file in photoshop and then putting it back into the game directory, but I have no idea how it might work in 2K17. Basically I want to make a Vancouver Grizzlies jersey for myGM/League that has the design around the sides like the old school one (which is obviously not possible to change in the in-game jersey creator). Is there any way to do that?

Image

Thanks.

Edit: no one able to help at all, or point me in the right direction? Maybe it's not possible but any answer would be good...
Rimbaud82
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:41 am

Re: Modding Progress

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:36 am

Rimbaud82 wrote:Hey I have a quick question, are there good tutorials out there for modding jerseys? I made a few simple jersey mods for another game where it's just a case of editing the DDS file in photoshop and then putting it back into the game directory, but I have no idea how it might work in 2K17. Basically I want to make a Vancouver Grizzlies jersey for myGM/League that has the design around the sides like the old school one (which is obviously not possible to change in the in-game jersey creator). Is there any way to do that?

[ Image ]

Thanks.

Edit: no one able to help at all, or point me in the right direction? Maybe it's not possible but any answer would be good...



Yes there is a way to do it. You just need to extract a jersey iff file using 2k17 explorer. Get the dds file using 7zip, edit and drag it back into the iff file. Then place it in your modded folder.
That is as much as I can assist with.
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2433
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Modding Progress

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:50 am

*Modding Progress update*
Finally figured out how to swap out all textures in the high school gym and pro am gym.
Apparently the .dds file that have 0 bytes inside of the arena iff files are there because they reference a .dds texture file inside of the shared folder in the game.

Most people probably don't care or don't know what I'm saying but I'm just posting the info here.
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2433
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Modding Progress

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:40 am

Yes this was discovered last year and a lot of arena editors use this method already. But thanks for pointing it out for people that don't know (Y)
User avatar
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:02 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Modding Progress

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:43 pm

PeacemanNOT wrote:Yes this was discovered last year and a lot of arena editors use this method already. But thanks for pointing it out for people that don't know (Y)


Thanks for the info... I wonder why no one has created more arena mods knowing this.
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2433
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Modding Progress

Postby Dsound on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:53 pm

Dsound wrote:hi all. Someone knows how to put in my career the intro team scenes in game preview, like than game/match in playnow...mygm or myleague. any idea? im using explorer v0.52 but i cant find that. (sorry my english). any mod or different tool?


then i cant play my career games like normal match how playnow?
Last edited by Dsound on Mon May 01, 2017 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dsound
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:50 am

Re: Modding Progress

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:35 pm

TGsoGood wrote:
PeacemanNOT wrote:Yes this was discovered last year and a lot of arena editors use this method already. But thanks for pointing it out for people that don't know (Y)


Thanks for the info... I wonder why no one has created more arena mods knowing this.

We can actually do a lot of things with arenas, like editing/swapping out different models etc. It just takes a lot of time and you need to understand how it works.
User avatar
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:02 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Modding Progress

Postby TGsoGood on Mon May 01, 2017 2:29 am

Peaceman Not, Do you know the arena ID for the 2k16 mycourt? I can not figure it out.
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2433
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Modding Progress

Postby PeacemanNOT on Mon May 01, 2017 2:43 am

TGsoGood wrote:Peaceman Not, Do you know the arena ID for the 2k16 mycourt? I can not figure it out.

I don't unfortunately but the only way to find out is through trial and error... or you could go through some of the old posts in the 2K16 threads to see if someone else found what ID it was (I would assume it's the same number).
User avatar
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:02 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Modding Progress

Postby TGsoGood on Mon May 01, 2017 2:53 am

yeah, I've been going through many arenas in 2k16 and just can't find it. I don't think it is 2k17 at all. Thanks
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2433
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Modding Progress

Postby Dee4Three on Tue May 02, 2017 8:24 am

Did anybody figure out how to edit the players stats under view player card?
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3613
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Modding Progress

Postby PeacemanNOT on Tue May 02, 2017 9:11 am

Dee4Three wrote:Did anybody figure out how to edit the players stats under view player card?

I'd say it wouldn't be that hard, the problem is trying to add years to a player... come to think of it I doubt that would be possible.

To even edit player stats you'd have to cypher through a lot of different addresses through cheat engine to even find it.
User avatar
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:02 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Modding Progress

Postby Dee4Three on Wed May 03, 2017 1:37 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:Did anybody figure out how to edit the players stats under view player card?

I'd say it wouldn't be that hard, the problem is trying to add years to a player... come to think of it I doubt that would be possible.

To even edit player stats you'd have to cypher through a lot of different addresses through cheat engine to even find it.


Okay, I'm guessing it can be done with that Chinese editor.

Really hoping we can get a similar tool next year.
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3613
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Modding Progress

Postby ksmiz on Fri May 19, 2017 2:51 am

TGsoGood wrote:*Modding Progress update*
Finally figured out how to swap out all textures in the high school gym and pro am gym.
Apparently the .dds file that have 0 bytes inside of the arena iff files are there because they reference a .dds texture file inside of the shared folder in the game.

Most people probably don't care or don't know what I'm saying but I'm just posting the info here.

I kinda found this out but it is more obvious when reading what you said. Could you explain what is going on here a little more? Is the arena/stadium files calling back to the shared folder to find what it is looking for? Also what does this mean for new possibilities? For some reason when I try to recreate mods I believe I am somehow breaking this link/reference because most everything I try just blanks out when loading up in game. (example= all black floor or stadium disappears)
User avatar
ksmiz
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:51 am

Re: Modding Progress

Postby ksmiz on Fri May 19, 2017 3:04 am

TBM wrote:
TGsoGood wrote:
TBM wrote:I had made the high school court also, about a month ago.[...] if you want, I can post it.

Does your highschool court work in play now? The original highschool baskets are not useable because they are in a different location.

I had to fix the baskets. It works fine now in play now after the fix.


Could you explain/show how? appreciate it. trying to learn all I can
User avatar
ksmiz
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:51 am

Previous

Return to NBA 2K17 Releases & Previews

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: vincekobe, zetsuboushta and 7 guests