Modding Progress

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Modding Progress

Postby TheGame8544 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:45 am

Dee4Three wrote:
TheGame8544 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
TheGame8544 wrote:And I'm actually confused now. I'm not sure if Han and Viper Roster are the same modder. What I've got is from a Chinese poster that goes by the name of Han. I could have sworn I read somewhere he said something about Han and the Viper team but now when I look for it, I can't find it.

Regardless, it's by far the best roster available, and I don't see us needing much else. It can be improved by this community, but man it is awesome.

I have a few things to mention about Han Roster, and this is in NO WAY taking away from his work, its an awesome roster.

1. He overwrote portraits that I used for my All Time Teams Roster and Draft Roster. For example, he used the Clippers Shaun Livingston portrait for another player. meaning that if you are using my All Time Teams roster, and place his files in your modded folder, Shaun Livingston will no longer have the correct portrait. So his roster will conflict somewhat with my rosters, so just a heads up.

2. His roster cannot be used in myleague completely. The classic teams that he has in there do not have all teams at 13 guys. For example, if you try to start a Myleague with any team under 13 guys (99-00 Raptors, 64-65 Celtics, 85-86 Hawks etc etc), in Myleague those teams will be assigned random players at the start of the season in order to get them to 13, This is the same as the college teams in the roster. This is what I was getting around with my roster, until is stalled because of a lack of a roster editor. His roster is really good for Play Now if you don't care about those teams missing players.

Again, NOT AN INSULT TO HIS WORK. His work is awesome, just giving you a heads up on a few things.

Thanks,

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm just now messing around with this as of last night and this morning, but his roster will still let you play a perfectly acceptable standard MyLeague. So I can use all the current teams and do a current MyLeague.

The problem you are referencing could be fixed as all his created teams have 13 players. So all we would need to do is create players to fill in the other classic teams, get them their cyberfaces/have someone in the community create them, and boom problem solved. Unless I'm missing something.

No insult to you or other roster modders around here, but what this guy did is far and away better than anything I was able to find. These Chinese modders are crazy with what they are able to accomplish so early in the process. I see no reason this can't be a base roster for everyone to work on. After all, he accomplished what you were trying to do with overwriting Euro teams with classic teams. It's a hell of an accomplishment. Add in the accurate jerseys, courts, cyberfaces, etc. and I'm blown away.

My all time teams roster and draft roster was out there in November. The all time teams roster has 100% accurate portraits of the players with the team they are on, accurate ages, accurate faces, everything 100% accurate. It took everything I had to get that out as early as I did. It is not by far better than other works including mine. It depends on mod preference as well. I am standing up for myself here because od the "far and away better" comment. I put everything I had into my 2 rosters.

My apologies man. I meant nothing offensive by it.

What I want are accurate teams, accurate coaches, available free agent coaches when current coaches inevitably get fired, and some extra Dream Team squads. This roster by Han has all of that.
TheGame8544

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:46 am

Well I am all for progression with all of this. His roster unfortunately doesn't do anything for my purpose, which is getting the classic teams for use in Myleague (All of them). The beauty of the UBR was the fact that we could take any team (any season as well) into association and we were golden. It was amazing. Same with URB, that's the beauty of it.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:48 am

TheGame8544 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
TheGame8544 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
TheGame8544 wrote:And I'm actually confused now. I'm not sure if Han and Viper Roster are the same modder. What I've got is from a Chinese poster that goes by the name of Han. I could have sworn I read somewhere he said something about Han and the Viper team but now when I look for it, I can't find it.

Regardless, it's by far the best roster available, and I don't see us needing much else. It can be improved by this community, but man it is awesome.

I have a few things to mention about Han Roster, and this is in NO WAY taking away from his work, its an awesome roster.

1. He overwrote portraits that I used for my All Time Teams Roster and Draft Roster. For example, he used the Clippers Shaun Livingston portrait for another player. meaning that if you are using my All Time Teams roster, and place his files in your modded folder, Shaun Livingston will no longer have the correct portrait. So his roster will conflict somewhat with my rosters, so just a heads up.

2. His roster cannot be used in myleague completely. The classic teams that he has in there do not have all teams at 13 guys. For example, if you try to start a Myleague with any team under 13 guys (99-00 Raptors, 64-65 Celtics, 85-86 Hawks etc etc), in Myleague those teams will be assigned random players at the start of the season in order to get them to 13, This is the same as the college teams in the roster. This is what I was getting around with my roster, until is stalled because of a lack of a roster editor. His roster is really good for Play Now if you don't care about those teams missing players.

Again, NOT AN INSULT TO HIS WORK. His work is awesome, just giving you a heads up on a few things.

Thanks,

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm just now messing around with this as of last night and this morning, but his roster will still let you play a perfectly acceptable standard MyLeague. So I can use all the current teams and do a current MyLeague.

The problem you are referencing could be fixed as all his created teams have 13 players. So all we would need to do is create players to fill in the other classic teams, get them their cyberfaces/have someone in the community create them, and boom problem solved. Unless I'm missing something.

No insult to you or other roster modders around here, but what this guy did is far and away better than anything I was able to find. These Chinese modders are crazy with what they are able to accomplish so early in the process. I see no reason this can't be a base roster for everyone to work on. After all, he accomplished what you were trying to do with overwriting Euro teams with classic teams. It's a hell of an accomplishment. Add in the accurate jerseys, courts, cyberfaces, etc. and I'm blown away.

My all time teams roster and draft roster was out there in November. The all time teams roster has 100% accurate portraits of the players with the team they are on, accurate ages, accurate faces, everything 100% accurate. It took everything I had to get that out as early as I did. It is not by far better than other works including mine. It depends on mod preference as well. I am standing up for myself here because od the "far and away better" comment. I put everything I had into my 2 rosters.

My apologies man. I meant nothing offensive by it.

What I want are accurate teams, accurate coaches, available free agent coaches when current coaches inevitably get fired, and some extra Dream Team squads. This roster by Han has all of that.

No worries. I am glad you are getting pumped about this. In general, we need more rosters. People deserve options, and this is a great one.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TheGame8544 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:49 am

Dee4Three wrote:I have a great start for my UBR base, including all teams 100% filled out to 93-94 Rockets. In regards to the euro team overwrite, we still have to hex edit those teams to get them to 13 (Which means we still have to do it). Just keep that in mind.

I also have 7 new classic teams filled with accurate portraits and about 90% accurate faces.

His deal doesn't escape us having to hex edit, we still have to do it.

Just caught that his classic teams have 12 players. Interesting. I didn't take the time to count them as they looked filled out. So with that your correct.

Hopefully this is a good middle ground. For people that want to play a MyLeague with classic teams, your roster is the way to go. For people that want to play a MyLeague with current teams and have lots of classic teams to have a blast playing Play Now games, Han's roster is the way to go.
TheGame8544

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:52 am

TheGame8544 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:I have a great start for my UBR base, including all teams 100% filled out to 93-94 Rockets. In regards to the euro team overwrite, we still have to hex edit those teams to get them to 13 (Which means we still have to do it). Just keep that in mind.

I also have 7 new classic teams filled with accurate portraits and about 90% accurate faces.

Just caught that his classic teams have 12 players. Interesting. I didn't take the time to count them as they looked filled out. So with that your correct.

Hopefully this is a good middle ground. For people that want to play a MyLeague with classic teams, your roster is the way to go. For people that want to play a MyLeague with current teams and have lots of classic teams to have a blast playing Play Now games, Han's roster is the way to go.

Totally agree. That's what I was getting at.

However, I am not saying this is not a good base to start with, I think its a really solid start. And if he worked with all of us, maybe we could turn it into something even more special. I have proven that Im willing to put the hours into helping out, I would love to have a roster that included a slew of new classic teams/default classic teams/college all time teams/current teams full and complete.

Anything I can do to help (this is to anyone), let me know. I can put in some time.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TheGame8544 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:03 am

Dee4Three wrote:
TheGame8544 wrote:

Totally agree. That's what I was getting at.

However, I am not saying this is not a good base to start with, I think its a really solid start. And if he worked with all of us, maybe we could turn it into something even more special. I have proven that Im willing to put the hours into helping out, I would love to have a roster that included a slew of new classic teams/default classic teams/college all time teams/current teams full and complete.

Anything I can do to help (this is to anyone), let me know. I can put in some time.

Yeah, it's too bad the Chinese modders don't work with us. You'll notice in Han's roster, he did take some of the CFs from NLSC. So it seems they are willing to use our stuff but not willing to share theirs.

My dream would be the modders in the community would work off Han's roster. Not because of any affiliation. I don't even know the guy. But it's the only roster with accurate coaches and a bunch of Dream Teams. It's a huge start.

Like I said, I'm COMPLETELY open to other opinions. This is especially true given I am only just now getting involved with current gen 2k. I've been stuck on 2k14. But this roster seems to be the best base to work off of, if people like you are interested. If not, it serves it's function just fine as is.

But without a roster editor, how will we ever get accurate assistant coaches? And why does this matter? Because often your assistant coaches end up becoming the next head coaches. This roster gives us that, and it's HUGE for the sake of immersion in a modern MyLeague.
TheGame8544

Postby bekalo88 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:44 am

That is good roster but he remove some older classic teams like 71-72 Lakers,Atlanta Hawks 71,Cleveland 89,Chicago Bulls 93 ....
bekalo88

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:46 am

bekalo88 wrote:That is good roster but he remove some older classic teams like 71-72 Lakers,Atlanta Hawks 71,Cleveland 89,Chicago Bulls 93 ....

He overwrote some of the classic teams to put his own in. The Cavs 89 team is important, same with 93 Bulls. Both of those teams are part of my classic teams myleagues (or associations from 2k13/14).

We need to find the common ground of not removing the current classic teams, adding in new classic teams, and keeping the current teams intact.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TheGame8544 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:07 am

Dee4Three wrote:
bekalo88 wrote:That is good roster but he remove some older classic teams like 71-72 Lakers,Atlanta Hawks 71,Cleveland 89,Chicago Bulls 93 ....

He overwrote some of the classic teams to put his own in. The Cavs 89 team is important, same with 93 Bulls. Both of those teams are part of my classic teams myleagues (or associations from 2k13/14).

We need to find the common ground of not removing the current classic teams, adding in new classic teams, and keeping the current teams intact.

Agreed. I hate that he deleted those.

We need a roster editor. Sadly, I don't see one coming anytime soon.
TheGame8544

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:39 pm

Happy New Year modding community. I look forward to some awesomeness in 2017.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby ironknight on Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:45 am

Hi guys, so I'm kinda new to modding. I've been lurking the forums for a year already, and I decided that I also want to help with modding since I have a lot of free time and I don't do much :)

So I was messing around with Pinoy21's Cavaliers jersey, trying to make my own. I came up with this...

How do I remove the gloss in the jersey? and how do I remove the Cavaliers text and number text that seem to be embossed on the jersey? I hope you guys can help me with this haha :)

2K is love, 2K is life

Facebook Page: 2K Mods by Iron Knight

ironknight

Postby ironknight on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:03 am

Thank you Lagoa for the tutorial you made haha :)
Now, this one is how the covered courts in our school look like (it's multipurpose haha)
How can I use this court on blacktop? I made the court using Lagoa's template... and renaming the court to f616.iff doesn't work coz I think blacktop only reads stadium files...

(I'm really sorry if I sound like a fool haha, like I said, I'm kinda new to this thing, but I'm really willing to learn so that I can help this community :D)
2K is love, 2K is life

ironknight

Postby TBM on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:44 am

You can't.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ironknight on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:29 pm

TBM wrote:You can't.

What exactly can't I do? Remove the texture bulging on the jersey, use the court in blacktop, or both?
2K is love, 2K is life

ironknight

Postby TBM on Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:09 am

Use the court in blacktop. The embossing is an easy fix. Just look at all the jersey textures. You'll find the issue.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Syncinatti on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:13 pm

Which tools would I use if I wanted to import these eyes ( http://game.ali213.net/forum.php?mod=vi ... d115756356 ) into the global im using? Thanx
Syncinatti

Postby rufioo on Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:44 am

has anybody a idea how to "aktivate" team socks ? game removed NY socks for exaple there now white in every roster even older so it s not a roster edit ?

any ideas ?
rufioo

Postby koolz45ful on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:03 pm

Hello modders I'm wondering is it possible to transfer players from a dfferent roster to another one, or to my league yet? Wanna add new rookies to my current one without doing the draft
koolz45ful

Postby Dsound on Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:16 am

hi all. Someone knows how to put in my career the intro team scenes in game preview, like than game/match in playnow...mygm or myleague. any idea? im using explorer v0.52 but i cant find that. (sorry my english). any mod or different tool?
Dsound

Postby slimm44 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:31 am

TGsoGood wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:You guys have got me thinking about buying this game if it's highly moddable and fun to play.

I really need some of my 2k14 guys on 2k17. Big Hort, Sko, WithAuthority, slimm, and a few others. We really made the most of 2k14. Dee4three, TBM, and PeacemanNot have lead the new wave but we need all the NLSC's finest.

Sorry I'm late to the party, but what can I do to help? I've been considering buying 2k17 for PC after I got a chance to play it on XBOX 1.
Image Image Image

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [38 Complete Seasons Mods]

2019/2020 2018/2019 2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016 2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013 2011/2012 2010/2011
2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003 2001/2002 2000/2001
1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996 1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993 1991/1992 1990/1991
1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986 1984/1985 1969/1970 1961/1962

What makes this mod “sim”? Here are a few of the features that set this project apart from all others:

- Every art file (jerseys, arenas, cyberfaces, accessories, courts, dornas (advertisement at half court), etc is realistic and none will crash game play
- There is no missing art file in the entire project

Every player in every roster has:
- Accurate statistical ratings and tendencies to work with 2k's simulation engine while still providing realistic game play
- Realistic ratings and tendencies that affect game play but not the simulation engine ie dribbling, athletic ratings, post tendencies, etc.
- Realistic physical attributes that decrease after major injuries or as the player gets older
- Accurate play types
- Accurate contracts

- Accurately updated Coaching profiles and playbooks

- Draft classes that have realistic player information for every player

- A few slider sets designed to be a base for realistic game play
slimm44
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TGsoGood on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:14 pm

Not sure what to do... Honestly enjoyed modding 2k14 more then this game. Maybe because its not as easy to do rosters
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:38 am

TGsoGood wrote:Not sure what to do... Honestly enjoyed modding 2k14 more then this game. Maybe because its not as easy to do rosters

You guys know how pumped I was when the game first came out, I was doing rosters like crazy. I released 2 rosters in the first 3 months that took hundreds of hours of work. But, I'm seriously frustrated with the game, the game is playing poorly to me and its ruining my motivation. Not only that, the lack of a true roster editor has hampered things.

2k has gotten cocky. I personally feel like the game needs a gameplay overhaul, because this engine doesn't work. The way players interact with eachother and the on court action doesn't make any sense. The speed of the players in certain animations is so unrealistic that no human could ever move in that way, nevermind an athlete. The defense is also broken completely.

I tweeted out to Mike Wang, main NBA 2k twitter, and Ronnie 2k but of course I get no response. The game doesn't have a realistic pace or flow at all to me anymore, and I think the tuning/patches certainly play a part.

I want to apologize to all of you with my lack of modding recently, I've just been really frustrated.. I'm not going to lie. One thing that bothers me, this product still sells at such a high level because it really is the only basketball title with in depth game modes, and its heavily advertised. I'm worried that not enough people will speak up about the glaring gameplay issues, and we will be stuck with the same engine next year. The game does not flow at all, the pace is flat out off. I am not enjoying any games I play.

Sorry again all for the lack of modding out of me.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TBM on Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:12 am

Dee4Three wrote:
TGsoGood wrote:Not sure what to do... Honestly enjoyed modding 2k14 more then this game. Maybe because its not as easy to do rosters

You guys know how pumped I was when the game first came out, I was doing rosters like crazy. I released 2 rosters in the first 3 months that took hundreds of hours of work. But, I'm seriously frustrated with the game, the game is playing poorly to me and its ruining my motivation. Not only that, the lack of a true roster editor has hampered things.

2k has gotten cocky. I personally feel like the game needs a gameplay overhaul, because this engine doesn't work. The way players interact with eachother and the on court action doesn't make any sense. The speed of the players in certain animations is so unrealistic that no human could ever move in that way, nevermind an athlete. The defense is also broken completely.

I tweeted out to Mike Wang, main NBA 2k twitter, and Ronnie 2k but of course I get no response. The game doesn't have a realistic pace or flow at all to me anymore, and I think the tuning/patches certainly play a part.

I want to apologize to all of you with my lack of modding recently, I've just been really frustrated.. I'm not going to lie. One thing that bothers me, this product still sells at such a high level because it really is the only basketball title with in depth game modes, and its heavily advertised. I'm worried that not enough people will speak up about the glaring gameplay issues, and we will be stuck with the same engine next year. The game does not flow at all, the pace is flat out off. I am not enjoying any games I play.

Have you tried Shay's sliders?
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TGsoGood on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Honestly to me, creating mods, rosters, draft classes, jerseys and courts has been the best part of "playing" this game.

We just can't mod like we could in the past, which sucks.

We need to be able create teams for play now.
We need to be able to create cf ids, right now we have to overwrite real cfs.
.... We can't even put on a headband without modding lol.

Oh and bodytypes.... Not even going to go there.

So... What kinds of mods do you guys wish we could make?
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:05 pm

TBM wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

Have you tried Shay's sliders?

Just played 2 games with them. First, against the CPU. I was the Celtics. Vs the Blazers. I shot 67% from the field, had 26 rebounds as a team, I shot 11/17 threes. The second game against my brother I was using the 06-07 Nuggets against him using the 94-95 Magic. I shot 71% for the game, he shot 80% for the game, I won. I had 23 team rebounds, he had 26. I shot 70% from three. The final score to the game was 165-153.

ALL of the game breaking bugs were still there. The ball security being at 95 does nothing to stop the body steals and body blocks, the defensive players are always losing there assignments or are just lost in general. Red carpets all the time to the hoop. Outrageous shooting percentages because of the broken defense.

I'm good at the game (you guys have seen my videos. I know what I'm doing). But this is just insane.

The sliders do nothing to solve the game breaking engine.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding