MyLeague: Fan Interest?

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

MyLeague: Fan Interest?

Postby wdt92 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:36 pm

Hey guys, I have a quick question to see if anyone knows the answer. When playing MyLeague, how does the game expect you to actually increase Fan Interest? I've played the game for a long time and I have been actually just using cheat engine to increase it relatively to win %. I started doing this after I learned to win actually doesn't hold much to the Fan Interest. For example, playing the Cavaliers once I was losing fan interest to around 60% from 90% despite the team winning over 60 games. This would be fine if there was a counter to it that MyLeague offers. However, unlike MyGM, I don't believe there is. The game also doesn't detail what really decides it (to my knowledge) so I can function my percentage equal to what it would be given MyGM decisions.

I ask now, because I feel like with the Hawks (only franchise at the moment), doing my usual fan interest as a decision from winning percentage isn't actually that realistic. It also feels like it is partially cheating the game. I've liked the team for a long time and can say historically the Hawks have always had a poor to average Fan Interest in real life. So unless the team goes on another crazy 2015 run, I just don't see it going higher at least right now. Also, I want to just try and play the game as it was meant to be played, at least, to the best of my ability. If someone can verify the Fan Interest is just bugged, I can live with using Cheat Engine. :lol:
wdt92

Re: MyLeague: Fan Interest?

Postby Kevin on Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:07 pm

Losing too much = low fan interest
Winning too much for straight seasons = low fan interest

shake it up with trades or signings to keep the fans interested just like irl.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: MyLeague: Fan Interest?

Postby wdt92 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:38 pm

Kevin wrote:Losing too much = low fan interest
Winning too much for straight seasons = low fan interest

shake it up with trades or signings to keep the fans interested just like irl.

I appreciate the quick response! Thanks for taking the time to do so! I do have questions though.

First, the second part is interesting about consistent winning drawing low fan interest. I don't think that is very realistic at all from all trackable NBA history. 2001-now on ESPN particularly has information on it. Wouldn't the consistent dynasty draw fans if it is based on real life? Like historically, the Spurs have never really shaken their roster up in the middle of a season through trades. It's interesting, but Pop tries to avoid it if he can. Despite that, however, their average attendance during the Duncan era was frequently in the top 10 of the league if not higher (by only slight differences in average attendance). The team also always finished well in the standings. This current Warriors franchise is having a similar figure with their current franchise. Though due to their dramatic talent increase over most other team's peaks, they are typically top 5 to top 3 in the league over the consistent top 10 standing with the Spurs. With that evidence, shouldn't the team win consistently to help Fan Attendance?

Second, do you know how much these things actually hurt or help the fan interest? Like I was testing this myself, and I noticed winning the same game (home vs. Pistons [11-8 record]), my fan interest varied in response. One time it went up .2 points. One time it went down .3 points. Both times were a double-digit win. I just don't really understand what the number is tracking and why.
wdt92

Return to NBA 2K17