Why no created team in 2K17?

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Should "Create a Player/Team" Be Added Back in Addition to MyTeam?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Maybe
No votes
Somewhat Yes
No votes
Somewhat No
No votes

Total votes : 1

Why no created team in 2K17?

Postby Finger2TheRoll on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:26 am

I get MyTeam is cool and everything, but why not have create a player/team and MyTeam both? I can create players on 2K17 on my Xbox One but not put them on the same team unless I go to MyTeam mode? What is the reasoning for discontinuing the create a team game mode? I don't want to do 100,000 challenges to make my team I just want to make my team already. I seriously think this part has made me not like 2K17 as much. Hopefully 2K18 will have MyTeam and a Create a Team/Create a Player like it used to be! I want to see the MyTeam continue, but I want the old game modes/game types back please!
Finger2TheRoll

Re: Why no created team in 2K17?

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:00 am

It's one of the things that's fallen by the wayside with the transition to a new generation in NBA 2K14. A few of the roster editing functions were lost at that time, though some returned beginning with NBA 2K15. Hopefully 2K will be able to expand on the customisation functionality with NBA 2K18. We have seen other features make their return in the last couple of releases, including the "Start Today" option for MyLEAGUE in NBA 2K17.

As for why certain features and functions go missing, I talked a little about that - both the technical and design reasons - in a recent column.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K17