How do I modify Pres' Mom's social media photo?

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

How do I modify Pres' Mom's social media photo?

Postby gogadantes on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:55 pm

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help me with something. We know in MyCareer mode you have texts from people including your agent and other players. I'm wondering, does anyone know how to change one of the profile photo of those people? Specifically, how do I change the photo of Pres' mom to a photo that I make my own? Just to be clear, the photo is the one pointed by the green arrow below:

I know how to use Photoshop so changing the photo's not going to be a problem, but I have no clue how to modify the game files, or indeed what to even modify in the first place. So if anyone can maybe write me some instructions on how to do it, I would be in your debt forever, man.
My reason for wanting this is kind of sappy, but it is what it is. My actual mom passed a year ago, and we were very very close. In fact texting me like how Pres' mom does in the game is something she did all the time, so...I don't know, it just makes me happy I guess if I can go play MyCareer and get texts from my mom and forget reality for a couple of hours each time:)
Aaaanyway...if anyone can tell me how to do this, you would definitely be in my super cool people list! Cheers!
gogadantes

Re: How do I modify Pres' Mom's social media photo?

Postby Andrew on Mon May 01, 2017 11:28 am

I'm sorry for your loss. That's actually a nice idea, totally understand why you'd want to do that.

I can't really give detailed instructions because I'm not exactly active in the NBA 2K modding scene (apart from curating uploads and the like), but it's basically a matter of finding the texture in the game's files with the Explorer tool, exporting it, manipulating the texture (i.e. importing a new image), and then either re-importing it into the original archives, or preferably using the modded folder plugin so that the custom texture is loaded instead.

Hopefully someone with more experience can give you a more detailed step-by-step, but I believe that's the basic outline of what you need to do. Find the texture, export it, edit it, have the game use it instead of the default.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: How do I modify Pres' Mom's social media photo?

Postby gogadantes on Mon May 22, 2017 11:33 am

Whoa, sorry it took forever to reply, Andrew. Was out of the country for quite a while. While a step-by-step would of course be great, but still, thanks man, I got a couple of valuable things from your answer. I'll look up this Explorer tool and modded folder plugin from this site and see if I can learn more. I haven't been modding NBA 2ks since like 2k10, so I'm completely lost and haven't the foggiest where to start. This helps. Thanks again!
And of course, if any 2K17 modding guru on here would want to give detailed instructions, I'd greatly appreciate it. Cheers!
gogadantes

Return to NBA 2K17