Shooting Tweaks

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Shooting Tweaks

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:43 am

Tweaks to shooting have been pushed through in the past week, independent of Patch 1.12. The latest, as per LD2K:

New #NBA2K17 shooting tune this AM: "You will see a slight reduction in the frequency of green releases but a boost to full white bars..."

Good news. As the shot feedback indicates, early and late releases have tended to have better odds than near-perfect releases, which is definitely backwards.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Shooting Tweaks

Postby StyxTx on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:29 am

You know, seriously, all the changes they keep making every version shows me they really don't know what they are doing. I've never seen ANY game get updated/patched so often. And every update/patch just makes things worse. It's really ridiculous.
StyxTx

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:40 am

StyxTx wrote:You know, seriously, all the changes they keep making every version shows me they really don't know what they are doing. I've never seen ANY game get updated/patched so often. And every update/patch just makes things worse. It's really ridiculous.

This.

The amount of patches/tweaks are insane.

I am perfectly content with the ORIGINAL version of the game I am using, pre-patched, and I can actually get used to the game (Imagine that) without having to switch it up all the time.

All of these patches make 2k look like they rushed the game to begin with, and that they don't know 100% what they are doing. Also, when the patches don't improve the game, sometimes even hurting it, it looks even worse on them.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:42 am

I just counted.

9 patches.

The game has been out for 8 months.

That is a patch every month. What? That should be heavily frowned upon.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:27 am

As I said, this one isn't a full patch, it's a tuning tweak (ie. content that's pushed through whenever "Update Required" appears). But yes, it's something they've gone back and forth on.

On this occasion at least, it's (supposedly) fixing something that's been an issue since release, specifically near-perfect releases being lower percentage than very early or very late ones.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:39 am

Andrew wrote:As I said, this one isn't a full patch, it's a tuning tweak (ie. content that's pushed through whenever "Update Required" appears). But yes, it's something they've gone back and forth on.

On this occasion at least, it's (supposedly) fixing something that's been an issue since release, specifically near-perfect releases being lower percentage than very early or very late ones.

They've had 9 patches, who knows how many tuning tweaks. Therein lies the problem with these people.

No one can ever figure out how to play the game if they're changing something every other day.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:05 am

In theory, I like that they're willing to make adjustments based on user feedback and elements that are obviously problematic. Consistency is an issue, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:12 pm

Theoretical ideas don't usually work in practice.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:15 am

So I haven't played online following the latest tweak, but interestingly, I seemed to actually be getting more Green releases offline, with both the stick and button. Could be a fluke, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:36 pm

Update: it didn't make online any better, so I don't know who - if anyone - has benefited from it. Offline feels about the same.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:57 am

It's a placebo patch. Hoping people will see what they're told to see. lol
StyxTx

Return to NBA 2K17