Realistic current Roster for PC - Anyone interested?

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Realistic current Roster for PC - Anyone interested?

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:12 am

Later Edit: The Roster is know a thing, won't spoil anything until the right time comes. We have a great team of hardworkers and passionate guys. If anyone is interested in being a part of the team, please leave me a PM. A helpful hand is always needed, no matter the time you decide to be a part of our project.

Since the PC community has no legit current roster on the 2kshare compared to the XBOX ONE and the PS4 ( where they actually are able to chose between at least 3 amazing roster mods), I was wondering if anyone is interested in a collaboration for a PC beast roster that gives realism to any exhibition game/myleague mode/mygm mode.
I am thinking about tweaking tendencies, hotzones, badges, attributes (if needed), heights, coaching profiles, etc etc. I am thinking of something that can be a game changer. I've tried doing this on my own but it literally took me about 90 minutes to fully edit one player. I am sure the pace of the editing will go up in time, but this is the definition of hard work for a one-man "team". I think we have to be at least 3-4 guys to get something like this done in the shortest time.
Anyone signing up for this?
Last edited by I Hate Mondays on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I Hate Mondays

Re: Realistic current Roster for PC - Anyone interested?

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:25 am

Idk if this is the kinda of stuff you're looking for but I added portraits for a ton of players without one (Tyler Ulis, Sheldon Mac, etc.). Might help bring together the roster and make it more official.
bluejaybrandon

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:55 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:Idk if this is the kinda of stuff you're looking for but I added portraits for a ton of players without one (Tyler Ulis, Sheldon Mac, etc.). Might help bring together the roster and make it more official.

Thanks man, will use your stuff for sure if we get this thing going!
I Hate Mondays

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:51 am

If you've got the passion, I think you'll find an audience for it. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevmire on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Are you thinking an opening night roster? Or a playoff roster?
Kevmire

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:57 pm

Kevmire wrote:Are you thinking an opening night roster? Or a playoff roster?

Playoff Roster/ Summer Roster (before draft, anyone can import whatever draft class they desire)/ After draft with bluejaybrandon's draft class . It's for the "Start today" version of MyLeague. It's the best feature for me (and many others from what I've seen) when the summer kicks in. This is the priority.
I have an opening night roster saved. We could also tweak that roster, since the ratings, badges and hotzones were accurate at that point. The opening night roster would include just new tendencies, coaching profiles, updated signature shots and updated potential rating.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Kevmire on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:16 pm

I Hate Mondays wrote:

Playoff Roster/ Summer Roster (before draft, anyone can import whatever draft class they desire)/ After draft with bluejaybrandon's draft class . It's for the "Start today" version of MyLeague. It's the best feature for me (and many others from what I've seen) when the summer kicks in. This is the priority.
I have an opening night roster saved. We could also tweak that roster, since the ratings, badges and hotzones were accurate at that point. The opening night roster would include just new tendencies, coaching profiles, updated signature shots and updated potential rating.

Cool! Correct me if I'm wrong, however I don't think a "Start Today" is possible with a custom roster. Maybe I am just not seeing where that option is. Regardless, I agree that we need a good roster for the PC.

I am willing to help out, however I'm not sure I can put in as much time as other people.
Kevmire

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:26 pm

Kevmire wrote:
I Hate Mondays wrote:

Cool! Correct me if I'm wrong, however I don't think a "Start Today" is possible with a custom roster. Maybe I am just not seeing where that option is. Regardless, I agree that we need a good roster for the PC.

I am willing to help out, however I'm not sure I can put in as much time as other people.

Welcome aboard! I am in the same situation as you, but if we take turns I am sure the project will have a good pace. Still 2 guys to go.

Edit: You are right, sad to see you can't use custom roster for "Start Today". I guess we can find an workaround to get almost the same result for a normal MyLeague mod where you can add a custom roster, after a full season sim. (the 16-17 season)
I Hate Mondays

Postby PeacemanNOT on Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:55 am

Actually it is possible through Limnono's modifier. You can copy a roster with F3 and use it anywhere.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:57 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:Actually it is possible through Limnono's modifier. You can copy a roster with F3 and use it anywhere.

Hell yeah :cool:
I Hate Mondays

Postby Kevmire on Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:50 am

I Hate Mondays,

Do you have a base roster ready that you want to work off of? If not I can start on 2K's latest roster and do some position edits based on current depth charts. I can also start on some sig shots/body edits. There is a guy over on OS who posted a bunch of sig/body edit videos on Youtube. He goes by Woody. Although I don't agree with all the sig shots, most of them seem quite accurate to me.

That being said you are the boss and this is your baby. So tell me if I am out of line lol.
Kevmire

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:54 am

Kevmire wrote:I Hate Mondays,

Do you have a base roster ready that you want to work off of? If not I can start on 2K's latest roster and do some position edits based on current depth charts. I can also start on some sig shots/body edits. There is a guy over on OS who posted a bunch of sig/body edit videos on Youtube. He goes by Woody. Although I don't agree with all the sig shots, most of them seem quite accurate to me.

That being said you are the boss and this is your baby. So tell me if I am out of line lol.

To be honest man, even though I love the fact that you really want to get involved and you actually thought about position edits based on charts (brilliant, I was thinking of using fantasy yahoo for position edits because I am a lazy fuck), I think we should really wait for the right amount of people for the team. I don't want us to place a lot of work into this and not be able to finish it at a reasonable time. I don't think two guys can finish the project before 2k18 is released lol, let alone before the season finishes. When I said 4 guys, I really did some statistical math to get to this number. If we start before the 10th, we need at least 3-4 guys to finish the project by mid-June.

I don't see anything wrong if you want to get it going faster, though. Just don't put a lot of work into it, do it only if you have some free time. We will use your stuff as a base if you do anything.

I know the guy from OS you are talking about, saved his excel as a "resource" file. I agree with you, some of the sigshots are money, some of them are way off.

The base roster I was thinking about was Dest Roster, because I have some portraits ids/mods for his stuff, downloaded from the chinese forums. That's the only reason. The bad thing though is the fact that he didn't update his stuff since late February, around the time Bogut got injured. Some trades aren't completed, some waivers aren't there (we would literally have to create Grizzlies' Wayne Selden JR. from scratch) etc. The ratings are a little bit behind too. I don't think the base roster matters that much, if we get this project going we would tweak almost every category. We can also give our own id's for rookies, so the Official 2k roster is also a possibility. At least Wayne Selden is already in the official roster. So if you want to get it going, just pick whatever you desire (Y)
I Hate Mondays

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:40 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:
Kevmire wrote:I Hate Mondays,

To be honest man, even though I love the fact that you really want to get involved and you actually thought about position edits based on charts (brilliant, I was thinking of using fantasy yahoo for position edits because I am a lazy fuck), I think we should really wait for the right amount of people for the team. I don't want us to place a lot of work into this and not be able to finish it at a reasonable time. I don't think two guys can finish the project before 2k18 is released lol, let alone before the season finishes. When I said 4 guys, I really did some statistical math to get to this number. If we start before the 10th, we need at least 3-4 guys to finish the project by mid-June.

I don't see anything wrong if you want to get it going faster, though. Just don't put a lot of work into it, do it only if you have some free time. We will use your stuff as a base if you do anything.

I know the guy from OS you are talking about, saved his excel as a "resource" file. I agree with you, some of the sigshots are money, some of them are way off.

The base roster I was thinking about was Dest Roster, because I have some portraits ids/mods for his stuff, downloaded from the chinese forums. That's the only reason. The bad thing though is the fact that he didn't update his stuff since late February, around the time Bogut got injured. Some trades aren't completed, some waivers aren't there (we would literally have to create Grizzlies' Wayne Selden JR. from scratch) etc. The ratings are a little bit behind too. I don't think the base roster matters that much, if we get this project going we would tweak almost every category. We can also give our own id's for rookies, so the Official 2k roster is also a possibility. At least Wayne Selden is already in the official roster. So if you want to get it going, just pick whatever you desire (Y)

For just player-wise, I took Dest Roster, added portraits to a bunch of the guys and even have created David Nawba, Wayne Seldon, and Shawn Long with portraits included. I've kept it pretty much up to date with transactions and such (Rodney stuckey waived and replaced with Lance for example). I don't want to hijack it but it might be a solid start. I haven't looked at editing tendencies and jumpshots and such though so that's where it could certainly use some improvement. Also it's 100% applicable with my draft class. Might save you some time if you used this as a base.

Edit: I added portraits for almost every player currently on a roster including: Tyler Ulis, Derrick Jones Jr., Sheldon Mac, Tomas Satoransky etc. Some of the others are the original Dest Roster portraits that I'm not a fan of but could easily be replaced
bluejaybrandon

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:40 am

@bluejay, check your PM
I Hate Mondays

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:02 pm

Bump. Changed the first post, maybe some people will notice it
I Hate Mondays

Return to NBA 2K17