Global - Anybody?

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Global - Anybody?

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:00 am

Hi all,

I went back and played some NBA 2K12 last night, and while the textures/faces are obviously not up to par with next gen, there is something amazing about the way the game looked. I feel this was about many of the 2k's on the last gen. For example, it seems to me that the players fit into their surroundings better.. more like an actual game. I've tried the default global, SJ's Global and Michael V's global, and I can't seem to get the realistic balance I want. Is anybody out there tackling a new global for this game?

I think it could benefit from slightly better muscle tone on the players (The players bodies are not good in this game), and enhanced lighting. And, I think there is a way to make it so the players blend in with the surroundings better, but I am not sure what that's called. When I look at NBA 2K14 and NBA 2K15 body types, I get frustrated with NBA 2K17, because they were much better. I know body types and the Global are different things... but man.... why couldn't they just stick with those body types from NBA 2K15....

Since I went back and found my old .exe (Pre patch), the game feels a lot better, and I want to max out the potential of this 2k. It's only March, we have MANY more months with it.

I'm wondering if what I am looking for is even possible.....
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: Global - Anybody?

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:16 am

I suggest you add the eyes files from MLLR first Global and the Headband files from the second global to whatever global you have as a base. All released on his chinese thread. They are small things, but I really notice the difference whenever I see a player's eyes/headband. I know this is somehow off-topic, but I thought it might help.

I use SJ's 2nd global as a base (the one just before the oil bath global was released). While playing games inside a specific arena with tweaked lighting by mau, I really like the atmosphere and it looks tv-like to me.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:27 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:I suggest you add the eyes files from MLLR first Global and the Headband files from the second global to whatever global you have as a base. All released on his chinese thread. They are small things, but I really notice the difference whenever I see a player's eyes/headband. I know this is somehow off-topic, but I thought it might help.

I use SJ's 2nd global as a base (the one just before the oil bath global was released). While playing games inside a specific arena with tweaked lighting by mau, I really like the atmosphere and it looks tv-like to me.

Thanks for the advice, were the headband files released on here? Or are they just on the Chinese forum? I will try the MLLR eye files as well.

I am using the same global you are using, in CERTAIN arenas it looks OKAY, but I still don't get that same atmospheric feeling.

I feel like outside of SJ, nobody wants to touch globals for next gen. Which is a little surprising, however... it may be because people are more happy with the graphics. OR, many of the computers people own can't play the new NBA 2K's, so they are sticking with Last Gen.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:50 am

The headband global was released exclusively on the chinese forums. There are some screens upclose with Melo wearing an orange headband, that's the file you want. Easy to spot.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:57 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:The headband global was released exclusively on the chinese forums. There are some screens upclose with Melo wearing an orange headband, that's the file you want. Easy to spot.

Okay, just curious. Can you PM it to me?

If not no worries, Ill search for it on the forums haha.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:59 am

Dee4Three wrote:
I Hate Mondays wrote:The headband global was released exclusively on the chinese forums. There are some screens upclose with Melo wearing an orange headband, that's the file you want. Easy to spot.

Sure thing, check your PM.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:00 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

Sure thing, check your PM.

Thank you, sir.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:51 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:I suggest you add the eyes files from MLLR first Global and the Headband files from the second global to whatever global you have as a base. All released on his chinese thread. They are small things, but I really notice the difference whenever I see a player's eyes/headband. I know this is somehow off-topic, but I thought it might help.

If you copy both to the modded folder, does the headband override the eyes? I know I have the eyes in-game but not sure if the headband is also working
bluejaybrandon

Postby deodorantthief1 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:17 am

The mods for 2K17 seem to be coming out really slowly by comparison. I'm tempted to go back to 2K14 just for the mods, but this latest version is a blast on the court to play despite the babysitting that I have to do when simulating games to keep the stats realistic.
deodorantthief1

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:24 am

deodorantthief1 wrote:The mods for 2K17 seem to be coming out really slowly by comparison. I'm tempted to go back to 2K14 just for the mods, but this latest version is a blast on the court to play despite the babysitting that I have to do when simulating games to keep the stats realistic.

Coming out slowly? There's already a ton more mods for 2k17 than there was for 2k16. If you're expecting the modding content for a game less than a year old (2k17) to rival that of a game that has been out for four years (2k14)...you're gonna have a bad time. Additionally, there are way less modders working on the next-gen so less content is produced. If any of the guys still producing content would migrate to the newest games this community would be booming by comparison.
bluejaybrandon

Postby deodorantthief1 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:24 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
deodorantthief1 wrote:The mods for 2K17 seem to be coming out really slowly by comparison. I'm tempted to go back to 2K14 just for the mods, but this latest version is a blast on the court to play despite the babysitting that I have to do when simulating games to keep the stats realistic.

Coming out slowly? There's already a ton more mods for 2k17 than there was for 2k16. If you're expecting the modding content for a game less than a year old (2k17) to rival that of a game that has been out for four years (2k14)...you're gonna have a bad time. Additionally, there are way less modders working on the next-gen so less content is produced. If any of the guys still producing content would migrate to the newest games this community would be booming by comparison.

Yeah, I think I'm just bitter because the dornas for the Amway Center is not out yet. Nice addressing a point of controversial contention.
deodorantthief1

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:34 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:

If you copy both to the modded folder, does the headband override the eyes? I know I have the eyes in-game but not sure if the headband is also working

The global.iff file can be opened with 7zip for example because it's a big arhive at the end of the day. Inside the global.iff file you will see lots of other files, all of which affect some aspect of the game.
Here, you will find the eyes files and the headband files I am talking about. You can easily find them by sorting the files inside the global alphabetically. What you are looking for starts with "eyeXXXXX" and with "headbandXXXXXX" if my memory is right. (I am pretty sure all files start with the keyword you are looking for).
First of all, decide on a global which you want as a base ( I suggest one of SJ's, they are great stuff). So what you have to do to have both the new eyes and the new headband texture work is to find the eyes files inside MLLR's first global and copy them in a separate folder. Then open MLLR second global(with the new headband) and copy the files headband related in the same folder as the step before. Finally, take all the copied files (eyes and headband related) and replace them in the global you decided to be your base in the first step.
You need 7zip or another arhive opener for this stuff to work. Finally, place your modified base global inside the modded folder and you will have both the improved eyes textures and the improved headband textures. No overwrite
That's for the guys trying to do it on their own. For the ones wanting SJ's second global with MLLR's eyes and headband textures, just PM me.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:53 pm

I Hate Mondays wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

The global.iff file can be opened with 7zip for example because it's a big arhive at the end of the day. Inside the global.iff file you will see lots of other files, all of which affect some aspect of the game.
Here, you will find the eyes files and the headband files I am talking about. You can easily find them by sorting the files inside the global alphabetically. What you are looking for starts with "eyeXXXXX" and with "headbandXXXXXX" if my memory is right. (I am pretty sure all files start with the keyword you are looking for).
First of all, decide on a global which you want as a base ( I suggest one of SJ's, they are great stuff). So what you have to do to have both the new eyes and the new headband texture work is to find the eyes files inside MLLR's first global and copy them in a separate folder. Then open MLLR second global(with the new headband) and copy the files headband related in the same folder as the step before. Finally, take all the copied files (eyes and headband related) and replace them in the global you decided to be your base in the first step.
You need 7zip or another arhive opener for this stuff to work. Finally, place your modified base global inside the modded folder and you will have both the improved eyes textures and the improved headband textures. No overwrite
That's for the guys trying to do it on their own. For the ones wanting SJ's second global with MLLR's eyes and headband textures, just PM me.

I actually really enjoy the global you sent me, and am keeping it as is. It seems to have the players blending in with the surroundings better, and the eyes and headbands are great.

Thanks again,

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:31 am

No problem bro. I have this huge "Mods" folder with organised mods by team, the best around, easy to use, etc. They give me the best experience ever. I wonder if I can share the stuff with you guys on a separate thread, if I get the green light from the authors. All the credits would go to them, of course. I don't know if it's against the rules though.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Rodzilla91 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:51 am

Yo monday could I have that global? Thanks.
Rodzilla91

Postby diamenz on Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:08 am

the interior d in 2k12 was money iirc. everyone would just collapse on the penetration.
diamenz

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:47 am

diamenz wrote:the interior d in 2k12 was money iirc. everyone would just collapse on the penetration.

Yeah I was playing quite a bit of 2K12 the last couple days. And honestly, I am really impressed with the defensive rotations.

I feel like the defense breaks down far less.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby CatScooter on Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:55 am

diamenz wrote:the interior d in 2k12 was money iirc. everyone would just collapse on the penetration.

the days when you really had to work for it
CatScooter

Return to NBA 2K17