Hi guys, I've decided to share this stuff with you since I got really great results using these. This is for the ones saying every team plays the same using the default 2K Roster. This is because in the default roster, pretty much every team has the same neutral playing style. Use this PoEs for your custom roster, and you will see the difference.
So besides the offensive focus, every PoE section has 4 categories. Because one of those categories is "No Preference" aka the setting which takes away a team's identity, I have used the other 3 possibilities for every section. Therefore, when I used any real time stat for every team, I divided a particular hierarchy with 3 (because we have 3 possible category for every section). So the teams 1-10 got the first focus, teams 11-20 got the second focus and teams 21-30 got the final focus.
The real time stats used to determine the playing styles were:
- PACE (RANK) for offensive tempo
- OFF REBOUND RATE (RANK) for the offensive REBOUND focus
- DEF REBOUND RATE (RANK) for the defensive REBOUND focus
- OPP 3PT% ALLOWED (RANK) /INSIDE THE PAINT OPP FG% ALLOWED (RANK) for the defensive focus, the 3pt% allowed was the tie breaker. Results with greater values meant a tendency for a team to protect the paint, while the lower values meant that a team tends to limit perimeter shots.
- BLK + STLS + OPP TOs (RANKS)/FOULSperGAME (RANK) for the deffensive aggresion. Greater values meant the teams play conservative defense, while lower values meant that a team plays physical defense.
For the Offensive focus, since this section is not stat decided, I have used my personal knowledge and vision of the game for every team. I watch a lot of bb, but for some teams I might be a bit off since I've watched 3 Brooklyn Nets games this season for example.
So before I post the settings, if anyone of you guys believes something could be tweaked or changed, please let me know, especially for the Offensive focus decisions which are 100% subjective.