Laptop Heating up excessively

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Laptop Heating up excessively

Postby advinXcola on Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Guys, I have decent laptop specs i7 processor 8 gb graphics card, but still when I played NBA 2K17 it heating up excessively. Do we have settings to prevent it. Thanks!
advinXcola

Re: Laptop Heating up excessively

Postby jenz on Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:47 pm

What is the brand and model of the laptop? Does this only happen with this game? Have you tried running other high-end games?
jenz
Too cool for a custom title.

Postby advinXcola on Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:53 pm

toshiba satellite L50-B model.Inter processor and AMD graphics. I just want to play NBA 2K17 longer without overheating my laptop. I play GTA V the same it overheat when long hours of playing.
advinXcola

Postby jenz on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:08 pm

Ok, then. Which have you observed to be overheating? Is it the CPU or GPU?

If it's the CPU, you may try undervolting. I can't walk you through it, but you may learn through research. Do this at your own risk, though there isn't really any harm on undervolting if you know what you're doing.

If it's the CPU and GPU, you may try repasting. Normally, the default thermal paste used on laptops is not the best. This may cause thermal throttling when gaming. Doing this may caused actual harm to the unit. It is better if you ask an expert's help for this.
jenz
Too cool for a custom title.

Postby advinXcola on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:11 pm

Thanks bro, I will set my settings to medium when I played long hours. but when I released a mod high settings. thanks for your help. :D
advinXcola

Return to NBA 2K17