Operation Sports' Visit to 2K Studios

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: Operation Sports' Visit to 2K Studios

Postby StyxTx on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:43 pm

Andrew wrote:
StyxTx wrote:As far as feedback presentation, I'm not sure what they are talking about. When people give them specific issues and explain why they are an issue, and provide a video if possible, that seems like good feedback.

They're basically saying hit us up with more of that stuff.

Exactly how much more do they need? I understand what the problems are when I read about them. It's not really difficult. All of the problems have been discussed to death. There isn't anything else that can be said.

As I said before, I don't think they know how to fix a lot of the problems.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:08 pm

Post-patch and tuning update feedback, I'd imagine.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:06 am

He's saying we have exhausted the feedback as it relates to the patches/tuning updates, as well as gameplay in general. But, maybe they want even more of that?

I understand StyxTx frustration, but I also want to point out that this game would be far better if the defense didn't break down so often, and if it seemed like that was being addressed. Yes, some other gameplay mishaps are annoying, but it's the constant barrage to them of "The defense is broken", and giving them all the reasons how the defense is broken, and it still not being talked about.

I do truly believe that part of it is: That they can't seem to fix it. Which is fine, its a process, and the "How" to fix it is probably far more complicated than we think. And, I do believe that they have looked at it, it might just be a lost cause this year.

I've started to really dive into controlling every player on the floor defensively by switching to move the defender in the right position. Is it always effective? No, but I do a pretty decent job of it and get a lot of stops. Of course, this is me using ICON switching constantly, which I know a lot of casual gamers don't use. The ability to use ICON switching and ICON passing can really get you more stops and can help you create less turnovers.

I am really looking forward to 2K18, because I think that this year's gameplay was looked at more intensely than ever over the passed 6-7 months or so, so I think we will see some serious fixes.

I also think that EA putting out LIVE will possibly add even more motivation to make a stellar product.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby StyxTx on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:44 am

The problem is, on release day these problems aren't that bad. It's the constant patches and updates that keep making them worse and worse. Solution, in my opinion? Knock off all the adjustments in the patches and updates. Fix only what is broken and quit breaking what isn't.

Stop trying to change things to please the whiners. This is why the game gets broken more and more. Rather than learning how to play they want the developers to alter things in the game to make it easier for them to play. Stop it!
StyxTx

Previous

Return to NBA 2K17