Beyond Frustrated with NBA 2k17 - Anybody??!

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: Beyond Frustrated with NBA 2k17 - Anybody??!

Postby mp3 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:03 am

Dee4Three wrote:So when it comes down to it.. Here are the top 10 gameplay fixes that need to occur in NBA 2K18.

1. Heavy players - After the patches, the players feel heavy and hard to move around. The original game before patches the players were much lighter. So, heavy feeling players need to be fixed.

2. Slow motion dunks/layups - Not as bad on the original .exe, horrible after patches. Players do not go up for layups and dunks in slow motion in real life.

3. Slow Motion dribbling - Impossible for human beings to even dribble a ball that slow, it looks very unnatural.

4. Broken Defense: This has already been covered at length, but the team defense needs a complete overhaul.

5. Floating passes: Nobody throws the ball that slow in real life, in fact, the ball in real life couldn't even move that slow through the air.

6. Players losing the ball: Body blocks and body steals, where the offensive player just drops the ball or loses the ball, players are taught at a very young age to hang onto the ball tight and secure, not in NBA 2K17.

7. Roster signatures/attributes/tendencies: Overall just need to be more accurate, the user shouldn't have to go in a edit every team for accuracy.

8. Protected shots: Players who clearly have blue sky to get a shot off, being forced to fadeaway and brick shots. If you are going to have protected shots, make sure they activate when the defender is actually in the offensive players shorts. Or, just let us decide if we are going to fadeaway, I never liked the idea of protected shots to being with.

9. Outlet passes: Outlet passes sail over offensive players heads even when the offensive player is wide open down the floor, it's like these guys are playing middle school basketball and need to learn the fundamentals. If the defense is broken and that is why you are making the game play like that, that's not acceptable.

10. Forced Animations: Forced fouls, forced animations where your defender is made to slide over (Like skate over) into an offensive player for a foul.

Those are the top 10 gameplay issues that need to be fixed in my opinion, ill also be posting this in the wishlist for NBA 2K18 incase its not seen by 2k here.

In a nutshell yeah, also fix body types. No more crack head skinny players please.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Dee4Three on Tue May 02, 2017 1:47 am

mp3 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:So when it comes down to it.. Here are the top 10 gameplay fixes that need to occur in NBA 2K18.

1. Heavy players - After the patches, the players feel heavy and hard to move around. The original game before patches the players were much lighter. So, heavy feeling players need to be fixed.

2. Slow motion dunks/layups - Not as bad on the original .exe, horrible after patches. Players do not go up for layups and dunks in slow motion in real life.

3. Slow Motion dribbling - Impossible for human beings to even dribble a ball that slow, it looks very unnatural.

4. Broken Defense: This has already been covered at length, but the team defense needs a complete overhaul.

5. Floating passes: Nobody throws the ball that slow in real life, in fact, the ball in real life couldn't even move that slow through the air.

6. Players losing the ball: Body blocks and body steals, where the offensive player just drops the ball or loses the ball, players are taught at a very young age to hang onto the ball tight and secure, not in NBA 2K17.

7. Roster signatures/attributes/tendencies: Overall just need to be more accurate, the user shouldn't have to go in a edit every team for accuracy.

8. Protected shots: Players who clearly have blue sky to get a shot off, being forced to fadeaway and brick shots. If you are going to have protected shots, make sure they activate when the defender is actually in the offensive players shorts. Or, just let us decide if we are going to fadeaway, I never liked the idea of protected shots to being with.

9. Outlet passes: Outlet passes sail over offensive players heads even when the offensive player is wide open down the floor, it's like these guys are playing middle school basketball and need to learn the fundamentals. If the defense is broken and that is why you are making the game play like that, that's not acceptable.

10. Forced Animations: Forced fouls, forced animations where your defender is made to slide over (Like skate over) into an offensive player for a foul.

Those are the top 10 gameplay issues that need to be fixed in my opinion, ill also be posting this in the wishlist for NBA 2K18 incase its not seen by 2k here.

In a nutshell yeah, also fix body types. No more crack head skinny players please.

Correct, those body types should not exist in the game.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby LeGod on Sun May 07, 2017 10:37 pm

Yo s/o to D43 for the call on the body steals.
Sliders aren't able to change this. 2K17 needs to patch this animation way out of the game.

Dribbling signatures (like for Lebron) are ridiculously slow and awful.

Bad animations in terms of fouling is also ridiculous.

Blow-bys are also impossibly difficult against the CPU because 2K has weird body-boxes where the CPU can phase in front of you stop you driving to the basket even though you've clearly blown past them. I think they should make these boxes thinner overall.

2K17 is more determined by animations than the actual physics on the court. It's a wreck of a game so far.
LeGod

Postby Dee4Three on Wed May 10, 2017 6:42 am

LeGod wrote:Yo s/o to D43 for the call on the body steals.
Sliders aren't able to change this. 2K17 needs to patch this animation way out of the game.

Dribbling signatures (like for Lebron) are ridiculously slow and awful.

Bad animations in terms of fouling is also ridiculous.

Blow-bys are also impossibly difficult against the CPU because 2K has weird body-boxes where the CPU can phase in front of you stop you driving to the basket even though you've clearly blown past them. I think they should make these boxes thinner overall.

2K17 is more determined by animations than the actual physics on the court. It's a wreck of a game so far.

Thanks, and yeah... I agree with everything you said.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Magicola on Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:13 pm

Let's go back to 2K10 and 2K11 and make some modding for them !
Magicola

Previous

Return to NBA 2K17