Pick massively overpowered this year

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Pick massively overpowered this year

Postby JWL3 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:41 am

Why oh why do 2k devs try to change the game year after year? How about changing only the aspects that need to be fixed (don't even get me started)?
Last year, the pick was perfectly balanced. I would get called for moving picks and I knew it - I can complain about it to the refs, but I knew what I did was run straight into the defender to set the pick. Perfect.

This year, they completely got rid of moving picks. In mypark, all it takes is for a guy with the brick wall badge to set a pick and I'd be a pinball, trying to chase down a slippery offensive player just going back and forth left and right on the pick. I'd get freaking stuck to the pick guy like a magnet. Heck, some dude even set a pick 15 feet away from the ball handler and I got magnetically attracted to him, not allowing me to run out at the open shooter. This is retarded.

Get rid of damned picks in mypark or turn down their effectiveness.
JWL3

Re: Pick massively overpowered this year

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:47 am

JWL3 wrote:Why oh why do 2k devs try to change the game year after year? How about changing only the aspects that need to be fixed (don't even get me started)?
Last year, the pick was perfectly balanced. I would get called for moving picks and I knew it - I can complain about it to the refs, but I knew what I did was run straight into the defender to set the pick. Perfect.

This year, they completely got rid of moving picks. In mypark, all it takes is for a guy with the brick wall badge to set a pick and I'd be a pinball, trying to chase down a slippery offensive player just going back and forth left and right on the pick. I'd get freaking stuck to the pick guy like a magnet. Heck, some dude even set a pick 15 feet away from the ball handler and I got magnetically attracted to him, not allowing me to run out at the open shooter. This is retarded.

I understand your frustration. For me, I like the pick n rolls a lot better this year (last year they were totally broken). BUT, the getting stuck on the pick setter and not being able to get unstuck is really annoying. It's not that it only happens on picks either, an opposing CPU player will just be walking into the lane, and your defensive player is literally stuck under him for like 3 to 5 seconds. And an open shot is a result.

Really frustrating.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Uncle Drew on Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:11 am

Dee4Three wrote:
JWL3 wrote:Why oh why do 2k devs try to change the game year after year? How about changing only the aspects that need to be fixed (don't even get me started)?

I understand your frustration. For me, I like the pick n rolls a lot better this year (last year they were totally broken). BUT, the getting stuck on the pick setter and not being able to get unstuck is really annoying. It's not that it only happens on picks either, an opposing CPU player will just be walking into the lane, and your offensive player is literally stuck under him for like 3 to 5 seconds. And an open shot is a result.

Really frustrating.

And to further your point, they ALWAYS make the shot !! Unrealistic indeed.
Uncle Drew

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:16 am

Getting stuck in those two man animations is definitely a problem in general. The lack of moving screen calls makes for a very cheap strategy online, so I'm surprised it hasn't been addressed yet.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JWL3 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:00 am

Uncle Drew wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

I understand your frustration. For me, I like the pick n rolls a lot better this year (last year they were totally broken). BUT, the getting stuck on the pick setter and not being able to get unstuck is really annoying. It's not that it only happens on picks either, an opposing CPU player will just be walking into the lane, and your offensive player is literally stuck under him for like 3 to 5 seconds. And an open shot is a result.

Really frustrating.

And to further your point, they ALWAYS make the shot !! Unrealistic indeed.

Funny. To confirm your point: Yesterday, we lost a game on a last shot where the dude (probably had the brick wall badge) knocked me on my ass as I was locking down my opponent who hadn't hit a shot the entire game. I fell, wondering if anyone got the license plate to the truck that I ran into and my guy calmly swished the three 10 feet away from me. Game. Over.
JWL3

Postby JWL3 on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:23 am

Looks like they finally did something about these picks. Patch 1.5 actually turned on illegal moving screens. I got called for one yesterday (hooray). It still is not the perfect balance it was last year though. Last year, you really did have to be set or you'd be called for it. Even with the patch, I can practically run up to the guy and knock him out of the play and get away with it 80% of the time.
JWL3

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:50 am

They definitely let a few slide, although the cynic in me says that that's kind of realistic, given some of the calls (or rather, non-calls) in real life. It's making a difference in 2K Pro-Am, though. We had a player foul out last night primarily because of the moving screens they were trying to set.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JWL3 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:52 am

Andrew wrote:They definitely let a few slide, although the cynic in me says that that's kind of realistic, given some of the calls (or rather, non-calls) in real life. It's making a difference in 2K Pro-Am, though. We had a player foul out last night primarily because of the moving screens they were trying to set.

Awesome. At least it'll give cheesers a second of doubt about whether or not to set a pick, instead of doing it every single time down the floor. People (gamers especially) are the best at exploiting cheese. A few years back,it was the unstoppable spin dunk. Last year it was speed boosting. This year it seems to be the overpowered pick.
JWL3

Postby mp3 on Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:08 pm

The pick and roll this year is so overpowering that it's become a Cheese for me whenever you need an easy two close to the basket the AI bigs just don't follow there guy or even if the handler steps back for a jump shot I feel like it's pretty much a 50-60% success rate.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Return to NBA 2K17