Does using MODS cause glitches in your game?

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Does using MODS cause glitches in your game?

Postby snake212 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:14 pm

Every time I use a wonderful mod from here, my gameplay completely changes. Yes I'm on a PC. But this happens to me every year. I have my offense settings at 20. And at 20 I want my percentage to be at low 30's. But everytime I add a modded player into my game, the game all of a sudden changes. The players are now scoring in the high 40's or even 50's. The AI makes all of their shots and I cant hit for nothing. The movement of the players are all over the place. The AI gos right threw my defenders. My whole game plays like crap. And this happens only when I ADD in MODS. This happens every year....

Does mods cause your game to glitch? Mine does. I'm just trying to see if this happens to anyone else.

This sucks because I love using mods. And in this game once you find a good setting to play you would hope it plays like that every game. Also I'm using the Cavs and all of a sudden kyrie cant hit open shots. But the AI pelicans holiday is hitting his shots and blowing me out now. Comon. Maybe its God telling me to stop playing these games
This topic was moved from NBA 2K17 Modding by Andrew on Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:23 pm.
Reason: Not a release or preview.
snake212

Re: Does using MODS cause glitches in your game?

Postby Rodzilla91 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:14 pm

I don't think that should affect it.. They're only mods that affect the looks of players and courts. Maybe there could be something to it, or maybe the gameplay/sliders are changed.
Rodzilla91

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:55 pm

It would actually make sense if you consider Sweet fx/reshade a mod (Like Goldenstates on this thread), that does cause a slight performance hit making FPS drop in some cases.

However, player cyberfaces/rosters/jersey edits/ball mods/body modifications etc should never impact your games speed/performance. Ive never taken a hit because of those mods. However, somebody could make a roster with players speed/acceleration/speed with ball adjusted, and obviously you would feel an impact there.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby snake212 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:00 am

Thanks for the response guys.

Also let me say that my PC is not the best PC for gaming. But it does work. And it plays pretty OK to me. I'm in the process of building the MEGA PC finally (well not mega, but better). 2k played on my computer seems to always change or do some weird things if I add ANY type of mods to it. It really does guys. I'm a offline guy completely when it comes to nba 2k. So I see the changes. I know how the game feels. And it feels glitchy once I add in a mod or two. For gods sake I lowered my percentage on both me & com to 20 on my sliders. And the dame AI still makes these crazy shots. This never happened until I added in the mods....

So I guess I will wait till my PC is finally built to try out these mods again. dame
snake212

Return to NBA 2K17