Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.12)

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.04)

Postby kb24gold on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:39 am

Operation sports has posted the patch notes. No exact ETA for PC users but I'm guessing it will take the same amount of time the previous patch did.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... luded.html
kb24gold

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:45 am

They've been posted on the official Facebook page as well. I'll update the first post accordingly.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:36 pm

FYI, QA branch on steam is ahead of public for a week now (coincidentally qa branch was updated around 4 hours after the 1.03 patch was released).

Given it took 4-5 days to push 1.03 from qa branch to public, I'd say release is not too far unless there are PC specific issues.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby ConfigSys on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:50 am

PC steam update.
ConfigSys

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:09 am

Yep, looks like it's coming through. Only 69 MB, compared to the 7 GB patch on PS4. I'll update the first post.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deluxxe on Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:10 pm

v-sync no longer working for me in latest patch. Forcing it in drivers or turning it on in game. Neither work. Microstuttering back. WTF 2k?

EDIT: Fixed it by deleting the 2k17 profile in the driver and re-adding one. Good job 2k! :oops:
deluxxe

Postby ThePointForward on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:40 pm

Andrew wrote:Yep, looks like it's coming through. Only 69 MB, compared to the 7 GB patch on PS4. I'll update the first post.

Are consoles really that behind with their infrastructure?

Steam changed their update system ages ago to download only differences IIRC. The 7 GB sounds like they made changes to several big files and the consoles have to download those files completely anew.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:22 pm

The Day 1 patch for WWE 2K17 on PS4 was also around 7 GB, so it would seem it's not just NBA 2K17.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Uncle Drew on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:43 pm

Haven't noticed any changes at all.
Uncle Drew

Postby Lenkbron on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:05 am

You should see the Scoreboard Bug fixed if it's the same patch as for PS4. I will have the chance to try it later.
thanks lpasso!
Lenkbron

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:41 am

Yeah, that'd be the thing to actively look for. Everything else is pretty much a situational bug fix, which are important to fix of course, but obviously harder to look for if you're not experiencing them yourself.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BattlePhenom on Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:28 am

The only thing I noticed was that they "fixed" the camera in instant replay so you can no longer get shots from the floor or zoom in on your shoes. What crock of **** this patch is.
BattlePhenom

Postby Dwell On on Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:09 am

After the 1.04 patch I got a lot of ingame stuttering and really bad performance. It's unplayable now...
Dwell On

Postby jwin on Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:01 am

the commentators audio occasionally stutters after patch, never happened before it
jwin

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:20 am

Missed posting a bulletin over the weekend, but Patch 1.04 is out now on Xbox One as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:24 am

Seems Patch 1.05 is coming soon.

The next #NBA2K17 update will address PROAM divergences as well as fix an issue preventing roster updates from occurring & more. Coming soon

Really hope that they address the timeout camera glitch in 2K Pro-Am; getting those new rosters through is also a must. Presumably there'll be additional tuning and other fixes, though there are no further details at this time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:07 am

Also the QA branch on Steam was updated two days ago, so the patch is presumably really on it's way.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:52 pm

Patch 1.05 was just released for PS4. Coming soon to xbox one and PC
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:06 pm

Patch is out on Steam.

GENERAL
HDR support has been added for the PS4.
Support for the PS4 Pro has been added. NBA 2K17 will run at a native 4K resolution at 60 FPS on the Pro.
The Cleveland Cavaliers court floor has been updated to match their new 2016-17 design.
The Golden State Warriors uniforms now have the #42 patch in honor of the late Nate Thurmond.
Authenticity improvements to a large number of uniforms.
You can now use post-release uniforms in Play Now games when using a custom roster.
Post-release shoes will now dynamically appear in your game mode saves when starting a new mode or when using a custom roster created after October 15th.
Users now have the ability to toggle off the ‘Zoom in Paint’ camera option when using the default broadcast camera.
Fixed an issue where the user was unable to unequip certain animation types from their MyPLAYER.
The user can now unequip socks from their MyPLAYER.
Addressed an issue where controller settings would reset after played games online.

GAMEPLAY
Users will no longer be able to prolong MyTEAM Blacktop games by committing reach-in fouls.
The Jamal Crawford double behind-the-back combo size-up move now functions properly when equipped.
Aiming should now be much easier in the broadcast camera for users who use Pro Stick shot aiming.
Disabled shot timing for all shots (including layups, hooks, floaters and heaves) when Shooting Type is set to Real Player %.
Improvements to make catching short passes more reliable.
Dial back pass speeds (especially on longer passes) to achieve better game balance.
“Soften” top front rim ball bounces for more realistic physics-based outcomes.
Reduced the frequency of “ticky tack” shooting fouls on jump shots and layups.
Fixed illegal screens, which were not being triggered in the proper situations.
General improvements to responsiveness, primarily in offball motion.
Improvements to the CPU’s double team logic and general defensive AI decision making.
Addressed a visual issue that would sometimes cause hook shots to branch into jumpshot follow through landing poses.

MyPARK/2K PRO-AM
Teams in Rivet City are again able to grab a Got Next spot while a game is in progress.
Fixed a hang that occurred to some users when they were hopping from one MyPARK to another.
Fixed a number of camera-related issues when shooting free throws during Pro-Am games.
Addressed an issue where some users were unable to use their custom jumpshot in MyPARK.
When editing your Pro-Am court, the backboard logo and wall texture can now be switched back to none/blank.
You can now view the team rosters of each team directly from the Power Rankings menu in Pro-Am.
All of your teammates will now have a unique color indicator when playing Pro-Am.
Grand Badges will now appear on the 2K Card in both MyPARK and Pro-Am.

MyCAREER/MyCOURT
You can now skip through story scenes that you have already watched.
Fixed an issue that would result in the user being unable to play their next game in MyCAREER (a restart is required if you are affected by this).
Fixed a case where some users were not seeing triggered story scenes.
Fixed an issue where some MyCAREER sponsor contracts were not rewarding the user with the correct amount of VC.
Corrected an issue where you could not purchase/equip shoes from your new company when switching shoe endorsements.
Addressed an issue where the phone in MyCAREER would inform the user of a new message when that was not the case.
Fixed a case where the player would get stuck in the line during the Free Throw Golf drill in Live Practice when using specific signature animations.

MyGM/MyLEAGUE
Points of Emphasis have returned to the Gameplan feature! Note that these only affect simulation results.
The Advanced Rotations feature will now scale all rotations to work regardless of your chosen quarter length.
Fixed cases where some approved city names (e.g. Buffalo) were not being permitted through the content filter when moving your team to another city.
Fixed an issue where player attributes were being slightly modified when loading a draft class after the first season.
Injuries will now occur during head-to-head gameplay in MyLEAGUE Online.
Color improvements have been made to the Kansas City Knights uniform.
Fixed a hang that would occur when attempting to use SimCast on the Rising Stars game.
Expansion teams will no longer get unlimited funds in MyGM.
The NBA logo is now located in the correct spot on the shorts when creating a custom uniform.
benji

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.05)

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:23 pm

It is out on Xbox as well. EVERYONE GETS AN UPDATE AT THE SAME TIME
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:23 pm

First post has been updated with release dates and patch notes.

Great to see the timeout bug/exploit has finally been addressed. Some solid fixes in this one.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby blizzcoe on Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:49 pm

i received a 300+ mb update but I don't see any changes on the rosters and uniforms :(... is it just me?
blizzcoe

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:57 pm

Easiest way to confirm that you got it is to go into a MyLEAGUE save or MyTEAM, then goto create a custom uniform. If the NBA logo is on the side/front of the shorts instead of the back, you have patch 5.

Or, goto MyCAREER, 2K Pro-Am, Power Rankings, and see if you can view a team's roster.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Hadley88 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:02 pm

"Points of Emphasis have returned to the Gameplan feature! Note that these only affect simulation results. "

YES, FINALLY! I really missed that.
Hadley88

Postby blizzcoe on Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:18 pm

JaoSming wrote:Easiest way to confirm that you got it is to go into a MyLEAGUE save or MyTEAM, then goto create a custom uniform. If the NBA logo is on the side/front of the shorts instead of the back, you have patch 5.

Or, goto MyCAREER, 2K Pro-Am, Power Rankings, and see if you can view a team's roster.

I have checked the roster and GSW uniform, Tony Snell is still on CHI and theres no #42 in GSW's uniform so I guess, I dont have the patch 5 yet? :(
blizzcoe

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17