Speed & defense broken..game runs too fast

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: Speed & defense broken..game runs too fast

Postby nextnba on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:40 am

Yes, it happens to me all the time. It usually breaks in the 2nd half and when it does, the players move a lot faster and CPU no longer plays defense. At first I thought it was the game but not many are complaining about it so I was thinking that maybe it's just my cpu and video card.
nextnba

Postby xubu on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:41 pm

I had the same animation boost in 2K16, with the CPU players running super-fast with all speed sliders to 0. Now finally I found a solution that works for me :dance: : It's not a GPU problem, it's a CPU Hyper-Threading problem.
It should work for NBA 2K17 too:

1) Play the game normally until the CPU begins to move super-fast.
2) Press Alt-Tab and start the Task-Manager
3) go to the tab "Details"
3) Search for NBA2K17.exe -> Right click -> Select "Set affinity"
4) Now you can see the number of the CPU-cores. I have an Intel i3-6300 with 2 real cores (cpu 0 and cpu 1) and two virtual cores (cpu 2 and cpu 3). After disabling core 2 and 3, the CPU players start to move normal (maybe you have to wait some seconds).
5) You can disable Hyper-Threading in your BIOS, but only to test if this solve the problem.

Finally my CPU team-mates play defence and the game runs normal!!

P.S. Sorry for my bad English!!! :oops:
xubu

Postby nextnba on Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:18 pm

xubu wrote:I had the same animation boost in 2K16, with the CPU players running super-fast with all speed sliders to 0. Now finally I found a solution that works for me :dance: : It's not a GPU problem, it's a CPU Hyper-Threading problem.
It should work for NBA 2K17 too:

1) Play the game normally until the CPU begins to move super-fast.
2) Press Alt-Tab and start the Task-Manager
3) go to the tab "Details"
3) Search for NBA2K17.exe -> Right click -> Select "Set affinity"
4) Now you can see the number of the CPU-cores. I have an Intel i3-6300 with 2 real cores (cpu 0 and cpu 1) and two virtual cores (cpu 2 and cpu 3). After disabling core 2 and 3, the CPU players start to move normal (maybe you have to wait some seconds).
5) You can disable Hyper-Threading in your BIOS, but only to test if this solve the problem.

Finally my CPU team-mates play defence and the game runs normal!!

P.S. Sorry for my bad English!!! :oops:

OMG! That worked!!!! You get a slight lag during menu mode and during loading up but the game play and speed is back to be normal again!!!! I hope this is not just a glitch and it's a permanently fix!!!!!
nextnba

Previous

Return to NBA 2K17