Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders v2*** (POST PATCH 1.10)

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby Vicerex on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:28 am

Did they finally fix the layups to not require shot meter? I ask because I logged in today and had a minor patch update and I noticed your new slider set no longer has meter turned to on. I haven't had a chance to play these sliders yet but I'm about to.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby dreamagain on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:08 am

Yes that was fixed in 1.05.

Lillard destoryed me with these sliders dude was just hitting pull up 3's left and right -_-
dreamagain
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:01 pm

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby Vicerex on Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:34 am

I only tried these sliders for one game, but I got beat pretty hard. I lost in almost every single category possible. I forgot to take a screen shot but off the top of my head I lost by about 30 pts, was out rebounded by around 20, they shot around 55% and 51% from 3pt, while I shot about 42% and 33% 3pt. Could have just been bad luck, but I got curb checked.

Randy Foye was their player of the game, he scored 35 points. He had 5 or 6 threes just in the first quarter. Not hating on Foye in real life, but that's not realistic.

With that being said, it was nice to lose as the previous set was too easy for me, so now that I know this set is challenging I can tweak some things here & there.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:04 am

Vicerex wrote:I only tried these sliders for one game, but I got beat pretty hard. I lost in almost every single category possible. I forgot to take a screen shot but off the top of my head I lost by about 30 pts, was out rebounded by around 20, they shot around 55% and 51% from 3pt, while I shot about 42% and 33% 3pt. Could have just been bad luck, but I got curb checked.

Randy Foye was their player of the game, he scored 35 points. He had 5 or 6 threes just in the first quarter. Not hating on Foye in real life, but that's not realistic.

With that being said, it was nice to lose as the previous set was too easy for me, so now that I know this set is challenging I can tweak some things here & there.



That's funny, because I've been seeing the exact opposite. I've played 4 games post patch, and my games have been extremely close and competitive. I split with a 2-2 record. The only thing that is unbalanced is FT's. I went to the line way more than the CPU. Maybe it's because I'm taking the ball to the hoop, I don't know. I wish I knew how to take a screenshot to show some of my results. The CPU 3 pt shooting has been toned down, and the User defense has improved, in regards to steals, blocks and deflections. I'm satisfied so far. As far as Randy Foye getting 35 pts, that is very realistic if a player gets a hot hand. It shows that star players aren't the only ones that can have a big night. Bravo !!
User avatar
Uncle Drew
 
Posts: 2475
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:47 pm
Location: The D and it's not Dallas

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:36 am

Just got beat by the Sixers by 20. I was playing with the Pacers. I love the challenge, nice improvement on the sliders. One bad thing though, the CPU had only 4 drivings to the lane. Yes, 4, I counted them from the very first second of the game. There was a realistic amount of points scored inside the paint, but they were usually a result of quick passes while the scoring guy was left wide open in the paint. I know there was a problem with the CPU driving to the basket last year too, you admited at some point it should happen more often. It's just my feedback man. Loving the sliders nevertheless :applaud:
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby dreamagain on Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:52 am

I did the same thing with Shady's sliders in 2k16 as I did here. Take the contested gather/release and bump it up from 0/0 to 20/20. I appreciate being able to hit/CPU hitting on me tough contested shots but when you contest a shot PERFECTLY and it goes in and the announcer says "Wow he couldn't be any more wide open can somebody get a hand up!" it's a little annoying. Also this year they added in specific contested/open ratings for each player so in theory this slider shouldn't need to be 0/0 anymore given there's a built in system designed for every player now to determine this.

Anyways these are the best sliders out there but just remember sliders are a preference. You can take Shady's and make a few adjustments for your style. They aren't the word of god! He provides the best template to get started though, imo.
dreamagain
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:01 pm

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby Nikica94 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:42 pm

I played a couple games and slider are huge shift. :bowdown: But i still see a backdor cuts too often by CPU.And FG% are still high by CPU, i lowered 3pt and mid range by 35 and no luck, cpu still hitting shots and the tough ones too over the hand and tough D. Then i tweaked deffensive avarnes and consistency to equal by CPU and then the game started to look better for me and more competitive,but too easy,so i really need some advice to be in middle if you know what i mean. Before that no matter which team i play versus they outscore me by 10 or more.. i really like the effort by you Shady and MY league slider are great so far, looking forward for some new updates by you, or some advice to tweak this issues. Keep up the good work my man! Sorry for my bad english im from Serbia bro. :D
Nikica94
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 3:27 am

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby Vicerex on Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:25 am

After a couple adjustments I'm having some really good & fun games. The stats are for the most part realistic and not too lopsided for CPU or myself. The only complaint I still have is the CPU shoots over 50% almost every game, while I'm shooting around 40-44% of average (even had one reallllly bad game where I shot 33%). I'm still able to stay in most games and usually win though due to how much they foul me, I'm getting around 20-30 free throws a game which makes up for them out shooting me in FG's.

I'm not sure what to do about the CPU shooting %, it's really low right now, maybe lower than we've ever had it and they still hit over 50% quite often. It's almost as if the sliders don't even affect their shooting anymore. Even still, playing some good D and drawing tons of fouls I can keep the games competitive and still pull out the win more times than not. I think we're getting close to a great slider set already even this early, a few more tweaks here & there and we will be golden.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby dreamagain on Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:17 am

idk if it's the sliders or just terrible game design but my guys keep giving up wide open dunks. Center will cut to the rim and my guy will just sit in the middle of no where and not even go help
dreamagain
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:01 pm

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby mp3 on Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:01 pm

That's a 2k bug not a slider issue, I've messed around with the sliders a lot and you see it happen all the time.
User avatar
mp3
 
Posts: 4575
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:45 am

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby Vicerex on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:59 am

Even though it's a bug I personally don't mind it, there is a lot of uncontested drives to the hoop in the real NBA. So even though it looks silly in the game it still adds a small layer of realism in the end. Even the best NBA defenders take a play off now and then, no one is contesting every single shot every single time. However, we rarely get the benefit of the wide open dunks so I guess I can see where the complaints come from.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby mp3 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:10 pm

Exactly, just the other day I was playing as the knicks vs Pacers and had a mismatch of Monta Ellis guarding Melo on a switch so I went to the basket and couldn't really get passed him so I went to the back down where Ellis some how felt more like Shaq resulting in me attempting a fade away at the buzzer.

I've seen one guy online say that we couldn't get to the basket with LeBron when he had Steph Curry on him, I have also had times where I get a steal or the cpu turns the ball over at half court and iam sprinting to the basket with what appears to be a good 10 foot between me and the defender that resulting in either a chase down block or a foul once I get stuck in a slow animation going up to dunk/layup
User avatar
mp3
 
Posts: 4575
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:45 am

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby Apollo 13 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:48 pm

I'm seeing some straight BS in my games that wasn't there before. I'm on my 2nd game using the sliders and notice CPU hitting contested shots like i'm not even their at a high rate. What's even more messed up is I just watched two 3's go in back to back with my player all on the CPU that it did the contested shot animation and the shots went in.
Apollo 13
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:22 am
Location: OHIO

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:05 pm

I love these sliders but when i play against CPU, i want more jump on pump fake.
I dunno which value(s) i must change ?
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby mp3 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:06 pm

Contest shots tendency maybe.
User avatar
mp3
 
Posts: 4575
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:45 am

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:35 pm

Already tried ;) even the settings from 2K13/15/16 found on operationsports, but AI never jump, except in the paint.
With Curry or Irving, 2/3/4 pump fakes... no jump, and CPU let me the place to shoot, even after 2 or 3 sucess at 3pt.

You can't do that with 2K17 :
http://www.nba.com/video/games/grizzlie ... -play4.nba
http://www.nba.com/video/games/bulls/20 ... play8.nba/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6XzGY8HETs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELQJBLK475U
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:09 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Already tried ;) even the settings from 2K13/15/16 found on operationsports, but AI never jump, except in the paint.
With Curry or Irving, 2/3/4 pump fakes... no jump, and CPU let me the place to shoot, even after 2 or 3 sucess at 3pt.

You can't do that with 2K17 :
http://www.nba.com/video/games/grizzlie ... -play4.nba
http://www.nba.com/video/games/bulls/20 ... play8.nba/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6XzGY8HETs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELQJBLK475U




It would be nice to do though
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:55 pm

We can add this one : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x52i51 ... dunk_sport

Any idea Shady Mike ? :oops:
User avatar
sticky-fingers
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby Uncle Drew on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:00 am

Apollo 13 wrote:I'm seeing some straight BS in my games that wasn't there before. I'm on my 2nd game using the sliders and notice CPU hitting contested shots like i'm not even their at a high rate. What's even more messed up is I just watched two 3's go in back to back with my player all on the CPU that it did the contested shot animation and the shots went in.


I know. This HAS to be fixed !! It's not fun playing good defense, and they make the shot anyway, as well as defending players coming off screens. A few misses would be nice, but they make every freakin shot !! CPU field goal %, is insane.
User avatar
Uncle Drew
 
Posts: 2475
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:47 pm
Location: The D and it's not Dallas

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby dreamagain on Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:34 am

I don't get it do you guys look at the slider values you put in before complaining?

Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) - 0/0
Jump Shot Defense (Release) - 0/0


If you don't want CPU to hit contested shots all the time then just raise those..
dreamagain
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:01 pm

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:58 am

dreamagain wrote:I don't get it do you guys look at the slider values you put in before complaining?

Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) - 0/0
Jump Shot Defense (Release) - 0/0


If you don't want CPU to hit contested shots all the time then just raise those..



Thanks for the tip, but what we want here is a general set of sliders good for everyone.For example, if only 1 of 10 people thinks that these sliders provide too many AI dunks for some reason, it means that it's a personal preference and the slider tweak must be done on his end. When 10 of 10 people agree on a particular problem, I think Shady is more than glad to tweak the sliders and share it with everyone on 2k share. I believe that the users from above use a form of passive agressive feedback rather than complain. But thanks for pointing the solution above, I never thought those two settings would solve the contested shots problem.
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby dreamagain on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:05 am

I hate Mondays wrote:
dreamagain wrote:I don't get it do you guys look at the slider values you put in before complaining?

Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) - 0/0
Jump Shot Defense (Release) - 0/0


If you don't want CPU to hit contested shots all the time then just raise those..



Thanks for the tip, but what we want here is a general set of sliders good for everyone.For example, if only 1 of 10 people thinks that these sliders provide too many AI dunks for some reason, it means that it's a personal preference and the slider tweak must be done on his end. When 10 of 10 people agree on a particular problem, I think Shady is more than glad to tweak the sliders and share it with everyone on 2k share. I believe that the users from above use a form of passive agressive feedback rather than complain. But thanks for pointing the solution above, I never thought those two settings would solve the contested shots problem.

Sliders are purely personal preference though. Mike has stated before he likes players being able to hit tough shots, because they do it a lot IRL as well. If you leave it on default values it's just bricks all day long on contested shots.

Try setting both to 20/100 on cpu and user. That's what I use.
dreamagain
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:01 pm

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby kalionyo on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:25 pm

I'm really liking the sliders so far. I'm controlling the Warriors in MyLeague and I'm in the finals against the Cavs. Man, these sliders make it much more interesting. Games 1 and 2 ended in 1OT and 4OT respectively and Game 3 on a game winner by KD. I'm not sure if this has to do with Kyrie's tendencies and attributes, but he is so uncontainable. He shoots threes left and right and they're just going down whether contested or not. Otherwise, I find that I'm not getting ridiculous FG%'s towards the end of games even on 10 min quarters. Good job! (Y)
User avatar
kalionyo
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:27 am
Location: Bay Area, CA

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:25 pm

That sounds like an insanely tense and fun Finals series.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 101972
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby kalionyo on Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:52 am

Finished my Finals series with the sliders and it had to be the most challenging set of games I've played on 2K in years. Thank you for posting these. I did notice a difference in terms of FT attempts, but that could be the effect of Kyrie draining outside shots all series long and there was no need to drive. If anyone is interested, I posted the box scores here: http://imgur.com/a/agE5R
User avatar
kalionyo
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:27 am
Location: Bay Area, CA

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby Vicerex on Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:06 am

The more I play, the more I'm convinced the shooting sliders do not affect the CPU at all. I've yet to see them shoot less than 48% and I play very good on ball defense and it doesn't matter.

Just played a game where I shot 33% overall & 15% from 3PT; the CPU shot 53% overall and 43% from 3PT. It was hands down the worst game I've ever played in 2 decades of playing basketball video games. No matter how open I was I could not buy a basket, I was even missing easy layups with above average slashers. The CPU just simply could not miss, I could be in their face and they could shoot a fade-away and make it every time. Even if I hit them on drives they'd still power through it and make it, then of course get the and-1.

I'm playing with an expansion team in MyLeague so I have a very bad team (so bad my second best player is Darrell Arthur)...but still, I simply cannot defend the CPU. I just lost 123-80 in this game, I'd post a screen shot but frankly it's embarrassing. They out rebounded me by 27, and had 42 assists to my 9.

Not every game has been this bad, but it's been a struggle overall, and this game has proven to me that 2K has made some serious deep issues that sliders will most likely never be able to fix.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby Vicerex on Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:15 pm

Does anyone still play this game? It seems the overwhelming feeling is that this years release is kind of a disappointment. This forum has been very inactive as compared to the past few years.

Either way, I'm still enjoying the game despite its problems, I've had to adjust the sliders a lot to get the game closer to where I want it. Shadys sliders is a great start, then every few games I adjust my sliders based on my teams performance. I wouldn't mind an update though, its been a while. I'm sure Shady is busy though.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby TheBigFellas06 on Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:17 pm

update coming soon
User avatar
TheBigFellas06
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:34 pm

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby Teleo777 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:22 am

Shady, do you have any further updates coming for this project?
Teleo777
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:18 am

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:49 pm

Vicerex wrote:Does anyone still play this game? It seems the overwhelming feeling is that this years release is kind of a disappointment. This forum has been very inactive as compared to the past few years.

Either way, I'm still enjoying the game despite its problems, I've had to adjust the sliders a lot to get the game closer to where I want it. Shadys sliders is a great start, then every few games I adjust my sliders based on my teams performance. I wouldn't mind an update though, its been a while. I'm sure Shady is busy though.


I H-A-T-E. this game....really no other way to put it. I hate playing the game and there are so many other games to play BF1, FFXV, KH 1.8 is coming out etc, I just haven't had any desire to come back and play this. THAT SAID I reinstalled the game about a week and a half ago, plugged my sliders in and want to tweak them to give a better game experience and that update is going to be coming very soon.

Teleo777 wrote:Shady, do you have any further updates coming for this project?

Going to do an update 1/24, stay tuned for it. Not sure if I'm going to do the whole Youtube thing along with it though, again not really feeling 2K this year and about 95% of my subs are there for 2K, might be weird if I just started throwing up Skyrim / Battlefield / FFXV videos lol, but we'll see.
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby mp3 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:14 pm

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
Vicerex wrote:Does anyone still play this game? It seems the overwhelming feeling is that this years release is kind of a disappointment. This forum has been very inactive as compared to the past few years.

Either way, I'm still enjoying the game despite its problems, I've had to adjust the sliders a lot to get the game closer to where I want it. Shadys sliders is a great start, then every few games I adjust my sliders based on my teams performance. I wouldn't mind an update though, its been a while. I'm sure Shady is busy though.


I H-A-T-E. this game....really no other way to put it. I hate playing the game and there are so many other games to play BF1, FFXV, KH 1.8 is coming out etc, I just haven't had any desire to come back and play this. THAT SAID I reinstalled the game about a week and a half ago, plugged my sliders in and want to tweak them to give a better game experience and that update is going to be coming very soon.

Teleo777 wrote:Shady, do you have any further updates coming for this project?

Going to do an update 1/24, stay tuned for it. Not sure if I'm going to do the whole Youtube thing along with it though, again not really feeling 2K this year and about 95% of my subs are there for 2K, might be weird if I just started throwing up Skyrim / Battlefield / FFXV videos lol, but we'll see.


Yeah I think I've enjoyed 2k17 the lease since 2k8, the A.I is pretty awful at time which has killed me playing myleague passed afew games without quitting playing the game for weeks at a time.
User avatar
mp3
 
Posts: 4575
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:45 am

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 MyLeague Sliders VERSION 1 (POST PATCH 1.05)

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:14 pm

Alright guys sliders are updated in the OP. Here are the Major Keys:

-Shout out to a user on OS that recommended the 55 game speed! It smooths out the CPU offense and helps with speed differential!
-Big time adjustment to CPU / HUM Speed differential I am DONE with getting caught from behind athletic guys will shine in transition!
-Playing against the Warriors or predominantly 3 point shooting teams are still kinda tough, you GOTTA use points of emphasis and user control to defend the 3
-CPU should attack the paint a lot better.
-I will be posting RAW gameplay of the 4th quarter of the Warriors vs Twolves game I just played so take a look at it so you can see the speed and the CPU offense to see what you think
-There may still be too many fouls in the paint on CPU shooters, just not really sure how to fix that other than lowering the foul slider which ultimately results in NO fouls being called whatsoever, so feel free to adjust at your leisure

Note: I've been thinking about using 0/0 Body-up sensitivity, but idk yet.

On 2Kshare under #ShadyBeta

phpBB [video]
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders (POST PATCH 1.07)

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:20 pm

Can't wait to try them out!
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders (POST PATCH 1.07)

Postby Vicerex on Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:46 am

Excited to try these out. I've been tweaking your original sliders here & there over the course of my very long full 82 game 12 min quarter MyLeague season. I'm up to game 73 and feel like I have a pretty good grasp on my adjustments. Looking forward to your new ones so I can test even further.

I've gotten shooting numbers down to more realistic numbers but the main thing that is still way off is I shoot waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many free throws a game. About 25-35% of my points come from the line per game. Like I said I'm 73 games into my season and I checked team stat comparisons...I've shot 3000 more free throws than second place...that is absolutely absurd. The problem is like Shady mentioned if you turn fouls down even 5-10 points then you almost never get fouled, there is no middle ground it's either way too many fouls or no fouls and that's a problem with the game.

I'll give these sliders a try over the next few days and let you know what I think. Glad you're back man and I feel you, I play tons of different games with my buddies but usually if I'm solo I'm on NBA, as painful as its been. Also if you wanted to post other gaming videos on your YouTube I'd personally not mind since I play a wide variety and most YouTubers I watch play multiple games.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders (POST PATCH 1.07)

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:36 am

Vicerex wrote:Excited to try these out. I've been tweaking your original sliders here & there over the course of my very long full 82 game 12 min quarter MyLeague season. I'm up to game 73 and feel like I have a pretty good grasp on my adjustments. Looking forward to your new ones so I can test even further.

I've gotten shooting numbers down to more realistic numbers but the main thing that is still way off is I shoot waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many free throws a game. About 25-35% of my points come from the line per game. Like I said I'm 73 games into my season and I checked team stat comparisons...I've shot 3000 more free throws than second place...that is absolutely absurd. The problem is like Shady mentioned if you turn fouls down even 5-10 points then you almost never get fouled, there is no middle ground it's either way too many fouls or no fouls and that's a problem with the game.

I'll give these sliders a try over the next few days and let you know what I think. Glad you're back man and I feel you, I play tons of different games with my buddies but usually if I'm solo I'm on NBA, as painful as its been. Also if you wanted to post other gaming videos on your YouTube I'd personally not mind since I play a wide variety and most YouTubers I watch play multiple games.


Yea man definitely let me know what you think and if you got something better from the set you were using before feel free to post it up!
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders (POST PATCH 1.07)

Postby Vicerex on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Right off the bat I personally hate the game speed at 55, I've been playing at 45 for 300~ hours so switching to 55 feels like I'm playing in fast-forward. It throws off my passing, movement and especially my defense. No big deal went back down to 45.

The shooting sliders are higher than I personally prefer, played two games and both games the CPU shot 57% and 54%. So I've gone back to my personal shooting sliders which are a bit lower for both CPU and me. We both shoot around 38-48% with my shooting sliders, I can share them if anyone is interested but it's not for the faint of heart, you will miss a lot, even wide open shots. I like it though because it keeps the percentages more realistic and the end game scores more realistic as well. I don't enjoy games in the 130's, with my shooting sliders the games are typically around 90-110, sometimes even in the 80s if having a really bad night. Again, probably not for everyone but for me I crave that realism.

Other than those two things I'm really liking what you did here, the movements, the speeds, etc. make the game flow and feel better (even at 45 speed). I like that the CPU is driving more instead of jacking up 3's every single play. Their drives lead to more fouls on my part, and more free throws for them, which were two things that were lacking in the previous set. Only a few games in but I'm liking most of these changes, I'll probably post a follow-up in a few days, just wanted to get my initial thoughts out there.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders (POST PATCH 1.07)

Postby talladega on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:11 am

Thanks Shady for your sliders!
But Inside shot Success CPU 0? is it right?
talladega
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:21 am

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders (POST PATCH 1.07)

Postby Vicerex on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:53 am

talladega wrote:Thanks Shady for your sliders!
But Inside shot Success CPU 0? is it right?

Not sure if that was a mistake or not...I bumped mine up to 10 after the CPU was continually missing very easy under the basket shots.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders (POST PATCH 1.07)

Postby mp3 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:10 pm

I honestly think the gameplay offline vs the cpu is just broken in 2k17.

So many slider fields that just can't seem to be tweaked.
User avatar
mp3
 
Posts: 4575
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:45 am

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders (POST PATCH 1.07)

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:37 am

Vicerex wrote:Right off the bat I personally hate the game speed at 55, I've been playing at 45 for 300~ hours so switching to 55 feels like I'm playing in fast-forward. It throws off my passing, movement and especially my defense. No big deal went back down to 45.

The shooting sliders are higher than I personally prefer, played two games and both games the CPU shot 57% and 54%. So I've gone back to my personal shooting sliders which are a bit lower for both CPU and me. We both shoot around 38-48% with my shooting sliders, I can share them if anyone is interested but it's not for the faint of heart, you will miss a lot, even wide open shots. I like it though because it keeps the percentages more realistic and the end game scores more realistic as well. I don't enjoy games in the 130's, with my shooting sliders the games are typically around 90-110, sometimes even in the 80s if having a really bad night. Again, probably not for everyone but for me I crave that realism.

Other than those two things I'm really liking what you did here, the movements, the speeds, etc. make the game flow and feel better (even at 45 speed). I like that the CPU is driving more instead of jacking up 3's every single play. Their drives lead to more fouls on my part, and more free throws for them, which were two things that were lacking in the previous set. Only a few games in but I'm liking most of these changes, I'll probably post a follow-up in a few days, just wanted to get my initial thoughts out there.


Post them up!!!!!! Probably going to bump CPU inside scoring to 10 as well, I have a secondary update coming soon that just tweaks tendencies so stay tuned for that! Also testing game speed at like.....52 or so, I agree 55 is super quick you know I always prefer slower game speeds, but the CPU offense (a guy had a video up on OS I'll see if I can find it) sometimes doesn't initiate the right way on lower speeds, check my twitter out too for a few short clips I posted up of the new tendencies, not sure when I'll get around to posting them up tho. Shouldn't be too long.
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders (POST PATCH 1.07)

Postby Vicerex on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:31 am

I've been tweaking the shooting sliders just about every game, and I'm currently pretty comfortable with:
Inside Shot Success – 37/10 (After further testing between 0 & 10 it doesn't really seem to make much difference)
Close Shot Success – 38/38
Mid-range Success – 38/38
3PT Success – 38/38

Contact Shot Success – 15/15 - This is the big one, this one alone makes the difference from the AI shooting 55% or 45%. I like this really low because it's situational, if they're wide open it won't affect them at all, but if you're in their face and playing strong D it will heavily dictate whether they make that contested shot or not and the same goes for you. It forces me to move the ball more to the open man so I have a much bigger chance of making my shots, if you're the type of player that likes to shoot with guys in your face or drive to the rim every play then 15 will not be for you, because you will be shooting about 30%. But for those who like to play a lot of team ball and move the ball around waiting for the perfect opening then 15 is very rewarding.

The 38's combined with the 15 on contested is currently making me average about 43% overall as a team, which is still a little on the low side but it keeps the end game scores around 95-105. If you're wanting a more realistic team percentage of 45-46% then I suggest bumping the shooting up to 39 or even keeping it at 40 like Shady has it.

I've noticed with my current shooting sliders sometimes the AI starts off shooting really poorly, like sub 40% after the first quarter, but they always seem to bring it back up in the second half and usually end around 45-48% which is pretty much on par with the real NBA.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders (POST PATCH 1.07)

Postby Vicerex on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:59 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:Also testing game speed at like.....52 or so, I agree 55 is super quick you know I always prefer slower game speeds, but the CPU offense (a guy had a video up on OS I'll see if I can find it) sometimes doesn't initiate the right way on lower speeds

I've been experimenting with 52 now, I didn't realize there was a bug in the AI at slower speeds. 52 is more comfortable than 55 but it's still a little fast, but something I just need to get used to I guess. It does seem like the AI is much more aggressive at 52, they pass more too, it just really flows better than 45. I've also noticed for some odd reason I'm shooting a higher % on speed 52 than 45, even with the same shooting sliders I posted earlier. On 45 speed I was averaging about 43% and on 52 I'm more around 46%, I'm kind of baffled why since on the higher speeds I play more erratic than on slower speeds.
User avatar
Vicerex
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders (POST PATCH 1.07)

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:34 pm

Vicerex wrote:
ShadyMikeGaming wrote:Also testing game speed at like.....52 or so, I agree 55 is super quick you know I always prefer slower game speeds, but the CPU offense (a guy had a video up on OS I'll see if I can find it) sometimes doesn't initiate the right way on lower speeds

I've been experimenting with 52 now, I didn't realize there was a bug in the AI at slower speeds. 52 is more comfortable than 55 but it's still a little fast, but something I just need to get used to I guess. It does seem like the AI is much more aggressive at 52, they pass more too, it just really flows better than 45. I've also noticed for some odd reason I'm shooting a higher % on speed 52 than 45, even with the same shooting sliders I posted earlier. On 45 speed I was averaging about 43% and on 52 I'm more around 46%, I'm kind of baffled why since on the higher speeds I play more erratic than on slower speeds.


Dude I know.....I'm looking into it, but I do think there is some type of "balance" that can be achieved here, and I do think there is VALUE in trying to get the game speed higher than I had it! Doing some testing with the sliders you posted up!
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders v2*** (POST PATCH 1.10)

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Sliders are updated! Changes to game speed! Changes to jumpshot success! Whole layup / contact system has been revamped, CPU tendencies revamped, fouls tweaked, I'm really digging the way this game is playing for me right now, a lot of feedback from you guys here and on YT led me to make these changes so I think you guys will really enjoy it!

Sliders are on PC 2Kshare under #ShadyBeta and in the OP!

Gameplay Showcase:

phpBB [video]
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders v2*** (POST PATCH 1.10)

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:49 pm

Tried it, love it! Everything feels fresh new.
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders v2*** (POST PATCH 1.10)

Postby talladega on Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:17 am

Thanks Shady, it seems very good!!!
talladega
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:21 am

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders v2*** (POST PATCH 1.10)

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:53 am

Finally had the chance to finish a full game on 12 min quarters. Timberwolves(CPU) vs. Pistons(me). Here are the results

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


It's exactly how you said in the video. The whole set of sliders feels like it was reborn. The CPU tends to go for post moves/attack the rim more often. A lot of times it is a combination of both (Post move, quick turn around, drive to the basket, Wiggins pulled this like 4 times on me).
Another thing I've notice is that a big man like KAT ran with the ball on a fast break after a rebound. I don't know how you did that, but it's beautiful. I remember from 2k16 when you said that a big man has to be a "Player Initiator" inside the roster to run with the ball on fast breaks ( Griffin, D. Green, Cousins). I've noticed this is still true for 2k17. I was using the default roster for the game and I bet my pants on the fact that KAT is not a play initiator in the 2k default roster. (Guys like Ben Simmons and Brandon Ingram aren't either lol. I don't expect KAT to be a play initiator).
Another cool moment is when KAT, a big man from freakin 2K TOOK ME TO SCHOOL with a crossover and went for a layup. I don't know how you did this either, but it's starting to look like real life in here. Love the fact that a big man like KAT pulls off dribble moves, just like in real life.
The rebounding numbers look a bit off for me. I notice your PF and Center have most of the rebounds. Are you experiencing this too? If so, me and Hova noticed for his set of sliders that if you give a big deficit between the Offensive Rebound slider rating and Defensive Rebound slider rating, around 25-35 points defficit, the numbers tend to be more realistic. The offensive rebounds happen at the same rate too, it's the 2k rebounding system which is broken. But the method mentioned before seems to do the trick. You could give it a go if this rebounding problem is often present and try to find a the best deficit between O and D rebounds, based on your other values. The game was ugly indeed, 27 rebounds for Drummond is acceptable if you say he had one of his best games of his career, but Leuer wouldn't go for 14 rebounds in ages, especially when his playing time is 75% next to Drummond.
A final thing I might ask you to look into, if you ever want to update the sliders is the layups foul tendency. I can get to the rim, it's not as easy to score as you you said in the video ( I got blocked, I missed layups, it was still a challenge). Still, half of my drives to the hoop ended up in a +1. That could be tackled too, the CPU could give up a layup which is 99% going to get in instead of giving a crazy +1 for no reason.

Overall, beautiful set of sliders. I won't even start about the game speed and everything, the rest of the stuff is plain beautiful and realistic. It's just the two categories mentioned above that I think could use some improvement. I am back to using your stuff for 2k17 for now.
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders v2*** (POST PATCH 1.10)

Postby tomortlieb on Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:02 pm

I played two games -

- flow is great
- movement and realism is so much better

Main issue: As the 76ers, I beat both the Jazz and Timberwolves by 20+ and show between 55-57% with only 40-45 points in the paint.

Your last slider set, with Vicerex's adjustments, was, in my opinion, the most challenging set.

Thanks for the work you do!
tomortlieb
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:24 am

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders v2*** (POST PATCH 1.10)

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:37 am

For anyone having the rebounding issue I had, I just changed the Offensive Rebounding value to 40 and the Defensive REB value to 70 for both CPU and the player, the rebounding numbers are incredibily realistic. Offensive rebounds are still happening, it's just the PG can finally get a defensive rebound if the ball goes towards him.
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders v2*** (POST PATCH 1.10)

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:15 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:For anyone having the rebounding issue I had, I just changed the Offensive Rebounding value to 40 and the Defensive REB value to 70 for both CPU and the player, the rebounding numbers are incredibily realistic. Offensive rebounds are still happening, it's just the PG can finally get a defensive rebound if the ball goes towards him.


Gonna try this when I get home! Also I'm still seeing a lot of And 1's would like to lessen that # but somehow still allow guys to finish in the paint!
User avatar
ShadyMikeGaming
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest