Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders v2*** (POST PATCH 1.10)

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K17 'Speed Adjusted' Sliders v2*** (POST PATCH 1.10)

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:25 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
I Hate Mondays wrote:For anyone having the rebounding issue I had, I just changed the Offensive Rebounding value to 40 and the Defensive REB value to 70 for both CPU and the player, the rebounding numbers are incredibily realistic. Offensive rebounds are still happening, it's just the PG can finally get a defensive rebound if the ball goes towards him.

Gonna try this when I get home! Also I'm still seeing a lot of And 1's would like to lessen that # but somehow still allow guys to finish in the paint!

Glad to see you are still listening to our feedback. Playing more with the new rebounding values, my 40/70 Offensive and Defensive rebound values are far from great. They are just better than 31/49 IMO, the rebounds are distributed better, but the numbers are still a little bit off at the end of some games, for some specific teams. You still have to do your magic and find better values for the rebounding system, I suck at this lol. The And 1 problem is out of my reach to try and tweak by myself. After you tweak this section, it would be cool to still be able to finish at the rim, I absolutely love how I can finish at the moment with the current values. I find them almost perfect.
Anyways, looking forward to your tweaks, keep us updated (Y)
I Hate Mondays

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:04 am

Sorry for the double post but I have came to the conclusion that going anything under 50 for the Offensive rebounds would result in losing some animations. Therefore, the offensive rebound should be kept at 50-55(depends on wheter you want to see those happen more often), whilst going with the Defensive rebound value upwards with anything between 10 and 35 more than the OR value. I am rolling with a random 52-84 for now and I am starting to see some beautiful things, like Curry getting offensive rebounds. That is because of that little +2 over the 50 mark in that 52 rating. I have noticed any value between 50 and 55 for that matter generate realistic offensive rebounds. Not that too many though, just the right amount.
Shooting Guards finally get around 5-10 defensive rebounds at the end of the game. With the first values, they'd get anything between 0-2 usually.
Again, it is not perfect but it's better. I just don't have the time to go step by step and check what value goes better for the defensive rebounds when the offensive is set to 51. Maybe your experience can help the matter (Y)
Last edited by I Hate Mondays on Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Vicerex on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:02 pm

I haven't tried these new sliders yet, in fact this is the first time I've checked this board in a while. I've been extremely pleased with the previous set and have made adjustments as I continue my season. I've been adjusting the sliders based on the statistics compiled over the past 5 games, for example I play 5 games, write all my team stats down, if any seem too high or too low then I adjust the necessary sliders. Then I play another 5 games and compare with the previous, and so-on. Now I'm up to about 30 games so I've done heavy tweaking at this point.

I haven't messed with tendencies or shooting that much from what I posted before, I've mostly been working on the fact that my turnovers and fouls were so low. I used to average about 5 turnovers a game which is cool sure, but not realistic at all (current first place in NBA is 11.6). I basically jacked up the CPU's ability to steal to the point that I began getting realistic turnover numbers, I'm averaging about 12 now which is still low but at least it's realistic. As far as fouls I was getting way too few of those as well, and I was tired of seeing me with 20-30 free throws a game and the CPU with like 5 free throws the whole game. So I jacked user fouls way up.

I will say my slider set isn't for the feint of heart, I have low shooting sliders, high CPU steals, and high user fouls; all of which can cause frustration but is still by no means impossible to overcome. I'm now averaging only 99 PPG and I've never averaged that low of points ever in a video game. I've even had a few games end in the high 70s and low 80s, which commonly happens in the real NBA, sometimes teams are just off. I'm also averaging 45% FG & 32% from 3pt (yeah I know the 3pt% is a little low but I have a horrible 3pt shooting team so it at least makes logical sense to me).

When I get some time I do still want to try your new slider set out, when I do I'll let you know how it runs. Thanks again Shady!
Vicerex

Postby Uncle Drew on Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:47 am

Image Image Image Image Image

Tried your sliders, very good realistic stats. I controlled Magic. Lillard left in the 1st qtr with a ankle injury and didn't come back, and Mccollum left early in the 4th with the same injury, Blazers still pulled out the win. McCollum had 45 pts, the only thing that stopped him was the injury, I sure as hell couldn't :roll: Ft's, T/O's and rebounding seemed accurate. This seem to be good sliders, will post another game in the future. Thx for your work.. :D
Uncle Drew

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:59 am

Here is a CPU vs CPU full game on 12 min quarters using the 52-84 values for rebounding. IMO, this values should be a base for your development of the rebounding system, I am glad I had the time to find the right combination. Here are the stats, look how beautiful the assists are divided between teammates. Nobody got over 10 rebounds, even though the total rebounds number are kinda big (that is because your sliders make the CPU play kinda fast paced and attempt a lot of shots, which is a good thing for me, I like the pace). The offensive rebounds are still there, 9 and 12, which is pretty damn realistic. The league averages are between 8 and 13. And I can strongly confirm that going under 50 for the offensive rebound value leads to the loss of some rebounding animations. Had the time to set the value to 45 and watch a full game between the CPU vs CPU just like the game was on TV, lol. I had seen freaking half of the animations which were triggered when I used 52 for the offensive rebound value.

Anyways, here are the screenshots for the game I've mentioned above (52 - 84 for the Offensive and Defensive REB values)

I Hate Mondays

Postby Uncle Drew on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:07 am

^^ Boston shot 48 3's and Toronto 34 ? That's a lot. Those shot attempts are usually reserved for teams like GS and Houston. Your rebounding totals seem accurate, if you noticed on my post, Portland had 26 offensive rebounds, which would probably be a NBA record. :shock: So what did you think of these sliders and what other adjustments are needed?
Uncle Drew

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:17 am

I have noticed the high FGA too. If the game is a CPU vs CPU, the FGA numbers will be crazy, that's a fact. That's the result for having a faced paced game in 2k, and shady's sliders sure are fast paced. The CPU tries to run on fast breaks 90% of the time with these sliders and if you don't stop them right, they'd attempt a shot with 18 seconds left on the clock. As a result, there would be many FGM and FGM attempted at the end of the game, for both inside and perimeter shooting.
If you go against the CPU yourself though, you could probably control the pace of the game from time to time and get those attempts number go down.
I will see what I can tweak to get more realistic numbers, but Shady is the master. He knows his sliders by heart and he'd probably have a better idea on what to tackle to improve the experience.
I Hate Mondays

Postby JHMV10 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:06 am

Vicerex wrote:I haven't tried these new sliders yet, in fact this is the first time I've checked this board in a while. I've been extremely pleased with the previous set and have made adjustments as I continue my season. I've been adjusting the sliders based on the statistics compiled over the past 5 games, for example I play 5 games, write all my team stats down, if any seem too high or too low then I adjust the necessary sliders. Then I play another 5 games and compare with the previous, and so-on. Now I'm up to about 30 games so I've done heavy tweaking at this point.

I haven't messed with tendencies or shooting that much from what I posted before, I've mostly been working on the fact that my turnovers and fouls were so low. I used to average about 5 turnovers a game which is cool sure, but not realistic at all (current first place in NBA is 11.6). I basically jacked up the CPU's ability to steal to the point that I began getting realistic turnover numbers, I'm averaging about 12 now which is still low but at least it's realistic. As far as fouls I was getting way too few of those as well, and I was tired of seeing me with 20-30 free throws a game and the CPU with like 5 free throws the whole game. So I jacked user fouls way up.

I will say my slider set isn't for the feint of heart, I have low shooting sliders, high CPU steals, and high user fouls; all of which can cause frustration but is still by no means impossible to overcome. I'm now averaging only 99 PPG and I've never averaged that low of points ever in a video game. I've even had a few games end in the high 70s and low 80s, which commonly happens in the real NBA, sometimes teams are just off. I'm also averaging 45% FG & 32% from 3pt (yeah I know the 3pt% is a little low but I have a horrible 3pt shooting team so it at least makes logical sense to me).

When I get some time I do still want to try your new slider set out, when I do I'll let you know how it runs. Thanks again Shady!

Hi i'm new to this forum but because i use shadymike sliders i come here to check for updates and peoples tweaks and i used your tweak that made the game so good very realistic and difficult but fair, so if you could post here your tweaks or send me in private message i'll apreciate (sorry if my english is bad :D :D )
JHMV10

Postby Teleo777 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:21 am

Shady Mike - Love your sliders bro and all the work that you put into them - I have a question about salary cap: Why do you have it off? The NBA has a soft cap that they implement and the increasing rise of salary cap will allow for teams to get multiple big name players on their team. On Operation Sports - Sim World has on their google doc that they implement a Hard Cap with a setting of 135. I asked them why did they did that and they said for the reason that I stated...to not allow an over abundance of stars to be allowed on a team. I was just wanting to know your reasoning behind it off - thanks man once again for all that you do for the community!
Teleo777

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:27 pm

So besides the rebounding stuff which I pretty much solved for myself (I really hope you will try my values and update your roster with those values via 2 k share), is there a way to make the CPU run plays a little more? Most teams play like they are the freakin' Rockets lol. They burn a maximum of 8 seconds off the clock before taking their shot. In real life, some offensive plays take up to the full 24 seconds off the clock. What I am trying to say is, longer playset leads to less attempts from the field, which lead to less rebounds/TOs/steals/blocks. Sometimes those numbers are a bit high
I Hate Mondays

Postby bigh0rt on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:37 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:So besides the rebounding stuff which I pretty much solved for myself (I really hope you will try my values and update your roster with those values via 2 k share), is there a way to make the CPU run plays a little more? Most teams play like they are the freakin' Rockets lol. They burn a maximum of 8 seconds off the clock before taking their shot. In real life, some offensive plays take up to the full 24 seconds off the clock. What I am trying to say is, longer playset leads to less attempts from the field, which lead to less rebounds/TOs/steals/blocks. Sometimes those numbers are a bit high

This is my biggest issue in the early going too. Teams like Utah and Dallas should really drag the pace of the game down, burn clock, and it should be a noticeably different game than playing Houston or Golden State. It doesn't feel that way. It's just fast break attempts.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Uncle Drew on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:24 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
I Hate Mondays wrote:So besides the rebounding stuff which I pretty much solved for myself (I really hope you will try my values and update your roster with those values via 2 k share), is there a way to make the CPU run plays a little more? Most teams play like they are the freakin' Rockets lol. They burn a maximum of 8 seconds off the clock before taking their shot. In real life, some offensive plays take up to the full 24 seconds off the clock. What I am trying to say is, longer playset leads to less attempts from the field, which lead to less rebounds/TOs/steals/blocks. Sometimes those numbers are a bit high

This is my biggest issue in the early going too. Teams like Utah and Dallas should really drag the pace of the game down, burn clock, and it should be a noticeably different game than playing Houston or Golden State. It doesn't feel that way. It's just fast break attempts.

I agree. 2K fed us the narrative that, teams were going to play like they do in the real NBA. Each team would run the same playbooks and such, but that has totally not been the case.
Uncle Drew

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:44 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

I agree. 2K fed us the narrative that, teams were going to play like they do in the real NBA. Each team would run the same playbooks and such, but that has totally not been the case.

So after I took a quick look at the default 2k roster, every fucking team has neutral pace of the game, neutral style of playing, neutral everything. That's why teams like the Jazz who should have "patient offense" and a big focus on rebounding are scoring 100-something when they should score 80, and a team like the Rockets who should play fast paced all the time and score 120-140 are scoring less then they should at around 100. Yeah, that's right. Played a game against the Rockets with the default 2k roster and it felt like they weren't playing as fast as they should.
I've just tried Dest's Roster, and those tweaked tendencies as well as tweaked coach playstyles really made the difference. A simulation game between Jazz and Pistons ended at 81-84.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Werauskas on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:13 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:I've just tried Dest's Roster, and those tweaked tendencies as well as tweaked coach playstyles really made the difference. A simulation game between Jazz and Pistons ended at 81-84.

Where to find Dest's Roster?
Werauskas

Postby talladega on Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:18 pm

Werauskas wrote:
I Hate Mondays wrote:I've just tried Dest's Roster, and those tweaked tendencies as well as tweaked coach playstyles really made the difference. A simulation game between Jazz and Pistons ended at 81-84.

Where to find Dest's Roster?

2Kshare
viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102143
talladega

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:26 am

Still trying to get the best rebounding values. For the ones interested, I've updated my stuff with 50 for Off Reb and 82 for Def Reb, both user and CPU. Better results with these numbers
I Hate Mondays

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:36 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:Still trying to get the best rebounding values. For the ones interested, I've updated my stuff with 50 for Off Reb and 82 for Def Reb, both user and CPU. Better results with these numbers

Thx, gonna try them.
Uncle Drew

Postby Werauskas on Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:12 am

Any news about sliders Mike, anyone? Don't make a dead thread here :D
Werauskas

Postby lnb525713 on Sun May 07, 2017 1:19 pm

Shady's GS is now the only reason that I still play 2K. Thank u for all the effort and your expertise. With the newest version I got two main problems: 1. Too many CPU steals (maybe I need to practice my passing, as well :oops: ) 2. High FGA, just as mentioned by "I hate Mondays".
Looking forward to ur update, will always support u (Y)
I feel thankful and relived that so many bros still care about the truth of the game.
A basketball game fan from China, where few people are now talking about game sliders...
lnb525713

Postby Vicerex on Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:06 am

What's up guys? I quit playing for quite a while, but have recently came back. I've been using this slider set and while the numbers are pretty realistic across the board, I'm just not getting any challenge. No matter who I play with or against I win so easily. Even when the game is close I feel like I'm completely in control and have no fear of losing. I've lost twice since I came back out of maybe 50~60 games.

I don't think it has to do with the sliders though, I just think it further reinforces what we already knew, which is 2K royally screwed up their game this year. I really hope they listen to us and put out a better product for 2K18. For the first time in over a decade I'm not pre-ordering 2K18, I want to wait and see the reaction before I give it a shot.

I see some people suggesting to use Dest's roster, I haven't tried this but I've seen it's by far the most downloaded roster. Is it really worth giving a shot? Because I'm running out of ideas on game balance.
Vicerex

Previous

Return to NBA 2K17