NBA2K17 PC Frame Rate Drops - found a fix for Nvidia GPU's - new finding!!!

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: NBA2K17 PC Frame Rate Drops - found a fix for Nvidia GPU's - new finding!!!

Postby CelticsPorzingod on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:01 am

Yeah I suggest keeping reflections off. They are (for me surpriseingley) big frame hit. With it off I get like 3-5 FPS more
''Anything is possible!''-Kevin Garnett
BRODIE & JAYLEN BROWN=BEAST
CelticsPorzingod

Postby blitzkriegbugz on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:11 am

CelticsPorzingod wrote:Yeah I suggest keeping reflections off. They are (for me surpriseingley) big frame hit. With it off I get like 3-5 FPS more

i know right? not last year tho. i was at a mid-high mid settings on the same card in 2k16. 2k15 all max. i'm just wondering in a span of those games, there is not that much of a graphical improvement, but using the same card, it just gets worse each year.
blitzkriegbugz

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:57 am

blitzkriegbugz wrote:
CelticsPorzingod wrote:Yeah I suggest keeping reflections off. They are (for me surpriseingley) big frame hit. With it off I get like 3-5 FPS more

i know right? not last year tho. i was at a mid-high mid settings on the same card in 2k16. 2k15 all max. i'm just wondering in a span of those games, there is not that much of a graphical improvement, but using the same card, it just gets worse each year.

It's on their end, this game shouldn't get more demanding graphical-wise year by year, it's just bad optimisation. Guys with GTX 1080 can't run the game properly maxed out, so it should be on their end.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Jonny2k on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:24 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:
blitzkriegbugz wrote:

It's on their end, this game shouldn't get more demanding graphical-wise year by year, it's just bad optimisation. Guys with GTX 1080 can't run the game properly maxed out, so it should be on their end.

I feel that part of the reason the optimization issues have not been addressed is because it seems that 2K has put a lid on Leftos' mouth. We haven't received any direct help from him like we did for the last two games.
Jonny2k

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:48 am

This stutter is absurd already there should have been a fix...We paid money for a complete optimized game. I might switch to console gaming to get that good optimization the PS4 and Xbox One get. Then again, if I buy myself a console for some basketball game, I might as well try and switch to the NBA live series too. It's not like they will be crying because I am a drop of sand in the desert, but the number of players switching to live could increase over the years.
I Hate Mondays

Postby blitzkriegbugz on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:47 am

is it just me or there are clippings in some of the players' compression pants? and with the headband too. sometimes some players' sleeves clip also. what's up wid that? lol
blitzkriegbugz

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:57 am

blitzkriegbugz wrote:is it just me or there are clippings in some of the players' compression pants? and with the headband too. sometimes some players' sleeves clip also. what's up wid that? lol

Let's not turn this into a 2k hate thread lol. Let's stay on-topic. But yeah, clipping issues are there, many people noticed them.
I Hate Mondays

Postby blitzkriegbugz on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:49 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:
blitzkriegbugz wrote:is it just me or there are clippings in some of the players' compression pants? and with the headband too. sometimes some players' sleeves clip also. what's up wid that? lol

Let's not turn this into a 2k hate thread lol. Let's stay on-topic. But yeah, clipping issues are there, many people noticed them.

not hatin' bruh, just askin! lol! anyways, i thought it was just me, because i was using a seperate program to somewhat downgrade the gfx and make it steady@60fps, so i thought it was that app that was causing the clipping
blitzkriegbugz

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:13 am

There is a new setting in the NVIDIA control panel after the last driver update("Optimize for Computer Performance"). I wonder if enabling this improves the game performance. Jay-R, what do you think?
I Hate Mondays

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:26 pm

No performance boost after the 1.08 update for me. I am not that kind of a person who throws curse words left and right, but I'd have one or two things to say to some people from 2K.
I Hate Mondays

Postby blitzkriegbugz on Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:40 am

so, there was an update yesterday, 1.08 i think. I used to run it on medium settings @constant 60fps. Now my framerate flactuates and dips from 50-60fps? wth 2k???!!! I worked so hard to make this game playable, going out of my way setting things in and out of game to get constant 60fps. and you guys ef'd it all up!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
blitzkriegbugz

Postby SanchezAmaro on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:36 am

Anybody knows if there is any way to run some modders courts in medium settings (textures medium). It crashes the game while loading. It does not crash in high settings but my poor laptop suffers a fps drop that makes the game hardly playable... Is there any setting I can tweak besides changing texture quality? I really want to use those mods, especially the new uctr by Dee

Thanks a lot in advance
SanchezAmaro

Postby jay-r on Thu May 04, 2017 12:23 am

I give up on improving 1st post settings :)

I just upgraded my whole system (MOBO, CPU, RAM) from

MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS GENE V
CPU: i5-3570K @4,6ghz (1,22 vcore) (cooled by Noctua NH-D15)
RAM: Samsung (10M378B5273DH0-CK0/CH9) 4gb x 4 @2400mhz (10-12-12-28)
SSD: Samsung 850 PRO 512GB
VGA: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOR 8G OC
PSU: Corsair AX850

to

MOBO: ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270
CPU: i7-7700K @4,8ghz (1,25 vcore) (cooled by Noctua NH-D15)
RAM: Hyperx Fury Black (2400mhz, CL15) 2x8gb @3000mhz (16-18-18-36, 1.30v)
SSD: Samsung 850 PRO 512GB
VGA: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 ARMOR OC 8GB
PSU: Corsair AX850

and still the game stutters with MSAA set to 8.

So for fluid gameplay throughout the game the settings remain as they are in the 1st post of this thread - everything maxed out, except for MSAA, which is set @4.
jay-r

Postby StyxTx on Thu May 04, 2017 4:33 am

I could have saved you the money. I have top of the line everything and get stuttering.
StyxTx

Previous

Return to NBA 2K17