No college all-time dlc for PC?

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

No college all-time dlc for PC?

Postby droc81yo on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:07 am

Just installed NBA 2k17 last night. Wake up this morning and see an all-time college dlc including my beloved Arizona Wildcat. Can't find it anywhere on Steam. This is the first year I have bought the game on PC. My question is do PC gamers get the same dlc as console guys? Is it typically delayed? Hope I don't have to buy this on PS4 just to get the college content. My team socks, the Suns, so I'm only gonna play this if I can put in college teams.
droc81yo

Re: No college all-time dlc for PC?

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:12 am

Apparently the PC version isn't getting it.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mcoll86 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:25 am

that might. i mean might be because the pc version isnt fully aable yet. anyone who did preorder will not gt it until the 20th. that anfd been other issues relateddlc code, that may have temporary stoped a lot stuff from happening.
mcoll86

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:31 pm

It's not pre-order content. It's additional DLC that is only available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. I suppose there's always a chance it comes to PC, but as of this moment, it's console exclusive.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby d-fish on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm

I'm not really excited about THIS particular expansion, but I was ecstatic to see that another thing I've been barking about was actually happening--and before official release--EXPANSIONS!!! I've been saying that--like almost all modern games--that NBA 2k needs to implement expansions! That way for the few people like me, Euroleague, FIBA & WNBA, can shell out a few more bucks to get exactly what we want! Plus, leagues like WNBA & FIBA events that happen after the NBA season is over, people who are interested can pay a bit more to enjoy the leagues they love. I'm sure US sales for some of those expansions might not be grand, but I'm sure internationally there would be great interest & it would be available for the US, for the ones that are interested.

I would even dip into the ole wallet even if they asked for small amounts for BIG face updates or feature updates, etc. Cause, God knows, even though I LOVE tons of what they've done with 2k17--I mean its almost ALL positives so far--there are still tons of missing faces & out-of-date faces (i.e. Aaron Baynes' odd, fat white cyberface) that desperately need to be addressed...

My joy for the expansion packs quickly subsided when I realized almost immediately that it wasn't available for the PC. And not to sound like all of the other "woh-is-me-PC" people--but DAMN--2k wouldn't even KNOW anyone was interested in Euroleague, FIBA, or WNBA if it wasn't for the tireless efforts by the PC MODDERS... and EVERY YEAR there is ALWAYS an NCAA MOD with tons of work that goes into it. So, to only offer it up to the next gen consoles is a major sack of BULLSHIT! But, since PC usually have to wait longer for patches and other features are completely unavailable, I will be patient... and withhold my FULL RAGE until this current & future expansions are absolutely positive that thy aren't coming out AT ALL for PC.

I saw in the Modding Progress thread that there are some weird spots in the files that could be reserved for expansion data, so fingers crossed... Cause it could be REALLY awesome if expansions are the new 2k trend!
RETIRED MODDER I used to MOD, but I quit because people & whatnot...
d-fish

Postby Hadley88 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:04 pm

I never understood what these Americans have for these ridiculous School-Teams, who cares about what school these players played for? wtf? In MyPlayer I always pick the one with the funniest Logo. And this DLC is 100% "On-Disc" DLC, so we should be able to find a way to just unlock it on PC.

But they really have upped their Rip-Off Level this Year. It feels like MyPlayer is balanced around that you buy VC with real Money. I played like 16hrs of MyPlayer and my Center is fucking 65 Overall, wtf???
Hadley88

Postby MaxMBox on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:29 pm

Hadley88 wrote:... In MyPlayer I always pick the one with the funniest Logo....

I'd checked some university info and campus views this year :-) And my wife said that I should go to the college with "that funny Angry Birds logo"
MaxMBox

Postby Retroswald13 on Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:57 pm

It's really disappointing that PC players doesn't have the same treatment as console players. :(
Retroswald13
Oswald. Legend Mods Creator. 256 Project Starter. Real Cheerleaders. Kawaii Leonard.

Postby PoundedChicken on Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:42 pm

I read about the DLC this year for college and was pretty unimpressed about what they are trying to sell gameplay-wise for the price. 2K should do be able to do better.

Of course in Australia I'm a bit more sensitive to the price at the moment, but I really just don't see any value in this DLC offer on any platform.
PoundedChicken

Return to NBA 2K17