Jersey Textures

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Jersey Textures

Postby benji on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:50 pm

Bring up the Knicks away ones for a really gaudy example.

Does it look like these are missing a layer of detail textures or something? It's like somebody took a fill bucket to the whole texture.

It is in the dynamic commentary trailer so it's not entirely just me. But has anyone noticed if one of the video options does anything to this?

Most of the solid color away jerseys are like this, some less than others.

I think that's contributing significantly to the "gamey" look compared to last year. There seems to be something similar going on with the player textures until they start sweating. So maybe it's a bugged shader set they couldn't fix in time or something.

No, a Sheed patch is still priority number one, followed by Nash. But this is clearly the third most important issue facing the game. With fourth being the inability to skip all cutscenes always.

I'm assuming of course that Andre's rating will be fixed in the first patch.

Yes, I could have just posted this in the first impressions thread. Although technically they are my SECOND impressions.
benji

Re: Jersey Textures

Postby buzzy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:05 pm

The first thing I noticed when I hopped into gameplay is that layer of shininess on players that I felt wasn't really apparent in the trailers we've seen, so yeah that definitely feels off.

The jersey textures don't look great as per usual, but what's been bothering me more is how white jerseys look completely blown out in some instances, usually when the lighting from the ceiling falls on it. It loses all detail.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA 2K17