NBA 2K17 Bug Reports

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: NBA 2K17 Bug Reports

Postby vb9 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:36 am

Bug description: a few bugs at Team Pactice after the latest patch.

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One): PC

Game Mode: MyCareer

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details:Randomly at few drills buttons just don't work. for example once 3on3 pick and roll drill(only shoot button worked) no other buttons worked. second time worked perfectly.
Also Free Throw drill, could not shoot (not button, not stick did not respond), waited 10 sec then my player automaticly bricked the shot.
Went to do bench press, my player was ready to approach the bench but then he just stood there(i saw part of leg and arm in the corner of the camera). Now game didn't freeze, but I think AI of my player did. So I had to alt+f4.
None of these bugs appeared for me earlier. Must be something in the last patch.
vb9

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:13 am

That happened to me once after Patch 1.03.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby TGsoGood on Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:34 pm

vb9 wrote:Bug description: a few bugs at Team Pactice after the latest patch.

Game Mode: MyCareer

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details:Randomly at few drills buttons just don't work. for example once 3on3 pick and roll drill(only shoot button worked) no other buttons worked. second time worked perfectly.
Also Free Throw drill, could not shoot (not button, not stick did not respond), waited 10 sec then my player automaticly bricked the shot.
Went to do bench press, my player was ready to approach the bench but then he just stood there(i saw part of leg and arm in the corner of the camera). Now game didn't freeze, but I think AI of my player did. So I had to alt+f4.
None of these bugs appeared for me earlier. Must be something in the last patch.

something similar happened to me. I lost complete control of MyPlayer. The CPU was controlling him. I gained control after the team drill ended.
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby xerion on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Bug description: no replays after scored baskets

Game Mode: Exhibition

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: I get no replays on whatever settings be it often or occasionaly. Even dunk camera doesn't show replay. Same after all patches
xerion

Postby DimTet on Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:57 pm

Bug description: bugs in editing custom teams.

Game Mode: MyLeague

2 days now i cannot edit anymore my custom teams in my league. every time i am trying to make a change or add a new logo i get the message: "there was problem saving your team design, or court design" or even when im trying to download a team design from some othe user as a league expansion i get the same problem. it looks like i cannot change anything else anymore like my complete game is f**cked.... i tried reinstalling the game clear cache etc but nothing works.... any solution??
DimTet

Postby faizdtk on Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:40 am

Bug description: Game crash to desktop while browsing custom image for arena in MyGM.

Game Mode: MyGM

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: Already happen 2 time when creating arena in MyGM.
faizdtk

Postby ConfigSys on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:12 pm

xerion wrote:Bug description: no replays after scored baskets

Game Mode: Exhibition

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: I get no replays on whatever settings be it often or occasionaly. Even dunk camera doesn't show replay. Same after all patches

+1
ConfigSys

Postby keeks on Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 am

Bug description: Every single stoppage of play is accompanied by at minimum a 5 second wait.

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One): All platforms for the last 3 years

Game Mode: All game modes

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: Play the game, have the ball go out of bounds, have a foul occur, literally any stoppage of play. Then you will be greeted with an unskippable cutscene EVERY SINGLE TIME. If a chart comes up, you cannot skip it under any circumstances. If the ball goes out of bounds, you will be waiting at least 5 seconds for the ref to give the ball to the player. Its unbelievable that I have to say THIS IS A VIDEO GAME NOT A LIVE TV BROADCAST. I SHOULD NOT BE FORCED TO WATCH ALL CUTSCENES IN THIS *VIDEO GAME* AGAIN THIS IS A *VIDEO GAME* NOT A LIVE TV BROADCAST, SO LET ME SKIP THE FUCKING CUTSCENES AND THE FUCKING CHARTS.

Animation lock is significantly worse than any other years, despite us being told it was not going to be an issue this year. Fuck 2k.

What is Leftos even doing over there? You are supposed to be the savior for us and nothing has changed besides extremely slight my league changes that should have been there years ago
keeks

Postby kb24gold on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:42 am

Bug description: Game crashing

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: After the update I downloaded on steam, I can no longer play the game....it crashes back to desktop each time the intro occurs. I validated my steam files, restarted my comp, and steam and the problem is still there. I did not have a single issue before the patch download. Now I cannot play the game at all.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
kb24gold

Postby bekalo88 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:46 am

Bug decsription:game crashes in MyLeague,i dont know is it also in Play Now

Platform:Pc

Does anybody else having this problems,its My league with 2k official roster and its annoying
bekalo88

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:22 am

kb24gold wrote:Bug description: Game crashing

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: After the update I downloaded on steam, I can no longer play the game....it crashes back to desktop each time the intro occurs. I validated my steam files, restarted my comp, and steam and the problem is still there. I did not have a single issue before the patch download. Now I cannot play the game at all.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

bekalo88 wrote:Bug decsription:game crashes in MyLeague,i dont know is it also in Play Now

Platform:Pc

Does anybody else having this problems,its My league with 2k official roster and its annoying

+1
My game keeps crashing also. I am verifying game cache now to see if that helps
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Mojazz on Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:17 am

kb24gold wrote:Bug description: Game crashing

Same issue for me... (N) (N) (N) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Mojazz

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:50 am

Bug description: No music during the halftime break

Game Mode: Any

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: During the halftime break when EJ, Shaq and Kenny chit chat about the highlights, there used to be a generic 2k music in the background. Now that music is gone and everything looks silly. I know it's not such a big bug, but it's worth a try
I Hate Mondays

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:54 am

Verify cache for those who keep getting a crash after the patch.
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:39 am

Bug description: Final level for Mid-Range Shooting in Playmaker archetype has no ratings upgrades

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One): PlayStation 4 (but presumably all)

Game Mode: MyCAREER

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: The final level for Mid-Range Shooting upgrades under the Playmaker archetype costs 4500 VC, but doesn't actually reward players with any ratings upgrades. Either that, or the bug is that the boosts aren't displayed in the menu. I didn't want to waste the upgrade and 4500 VC to find out.

Couple of screenshots:

Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:57 pm

Bug description: Hornets Spectrum Center has wrong lighting show before the game

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: Since my player plays for the hornets, I see this often. Before the game, whenever that lighting show on the court takes place, instead of a Spectrum Center overlay, there is an overlay with Thunders Chesapeake Energy Arena.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Uncle Drew on Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:09 am

Bug description : 3 seconds in the lane. As soon as you pass the ball to a big in the post, they call 3 seconds too soon.

Platform: ( PC )

Game mode : Quick game

Steps to reproduce the bug: No steps needed, happens every game. Patch needed to correct it I presume.
Uncle Drew

Postby bobwinch on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:01 am

Bug description: generic coach instead of real coach in the intro cutscenes, in the huddles, etc...except during court play.

Game Mode: Quick Game

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: Play any quick game.

Reinstalled the game after patch 1.05, removed modded folder, nothing works.
bobwinch

Postby fjccommish on Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:56 am

Bug description: Game freeze (post 1.05 patch) during time out or ball out of bounds.

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: CPU vs CPU play. The freeze only happens during a Jazz at Bulls game. When there is a time out and players go to the bench, the game freezes. When a player dives or leans to try to stop a ball from going out of bounds, there is a freeze. The freeze happens every time an attempt is made to play this Bulls vs Jazz game. But there is no freeze in other games - sim past this game, other games play fine. I have to reboot or log out and back in, relaunching Steam and NBA 2k17, to recover.

I have the save file, for the MyLeague, with this game on the schedule.
fjccommish

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:30 am

Bug description: Teams wearing incorrect road jerseys in 2K Pro-Am

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One): PlayStation 4

Game Mode: 2K Pro-Am

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: When you play a road game in 2K Pro-Am, instead of your actual road jersey being displayed, you wear the jerseys of the last team you faced at home. This bug seems to get passed on, as we had back-to-back games against the same team. In the first game, playing at their arena, we wore the road jerseys of the team we faced before them. In the second game, played at our arena, they wore the jerseys belonging to the team we faced before them (except one player who had their home jersey).

A couple of screenshots, showing the chain:

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby karposter on Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:00 am

Bug description : game crashes after half time

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One): PC STEAM

Game Mode:play now and nba today (the only one I treid)

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: treid skiping cut scenes and also letting the game run full scenes.
valaditing steam files.

the laptop is running 2k16 fully.
karposter

Postby StormsWarning on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:04 pm

yo this game for online is straight garbage, i wouldnt throw my sweat on it, if it was on fire! in my career mode, when you go to either change clothes, going online to the park, i cant even load the park after dark past 60% before crashing to the desktop. its a disgrace. and yes i have cleared my cache several times. i can see why people have moved on from pc, its a shame, pc use to be fun online & offline, smh...
Favorite Teams

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Indians

Cleveland Cavaliers

Live Video Game Streamiing https://beam.pro/Stormz_Warning
StormsWarning

Postby Hadley88 on Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:35 am

Bug descriptio1: I can't create a new Save on MyLeague. I'm in my 2nd MyLeague and I can't create a new Save. I "save as" into a new File, but no new File gets created. No Error, nothing...

Hadley88

Postby johnrussel_17 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:05 am

Bug description:
VC NOT SAVING

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One):
PS4

Game Mode:
MyCareer

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details:
I have two save file of MyCareer and whenever I play the other one, the VC that I earn on that one does not save or add to the existing VC. But when I play the other save file, the VC earned on that one is saved.The VC that you earn in every part of MyCareer is not saving for me. My VC stays the same when I should have more because of the games I played. I earned atleast 3000 VC but it did not add into my existing VC.
johnrussel_17

Postby BronBron06 on Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:13 pm

Bug description: a.) Retarded Commentary & b.) halftime presentation guys doing tricks

Specific steps to reproduce the bug;
a.)Commentary Brings up shot chart with player having 0 point, Guy keep saying he shot well tonight despite having zero buckets.
b.)I keep seeing that guy jumping doing nothing and the presentation end. It's annoying.
BronBron06

Postby BronBron06 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:39 pm

Ummm guys?
BronBron06

Postby mitzkiro58 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:05 pm

Bug description: Rhythm Dribble Signature for Created Players and Draft Class

Game Mode: General

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: We need this rhythm signature for creating draft class players.
mitzkiro58

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:32 pm

mitzkiro58 wrote:Bug description: Rhythm Dribble Signature for Created Players and Draft Class

Game Mode: General

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: We need this rhythm signature for creating draft class players.

This is a feature request, not a bug. Please see the first post for more information on what belongs here.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby emirhasa on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:21 am

Bug description: Keyboard equivalents of LF1 and RF1 and also LF2 and RF2 WON'T WORK! FIX THIS ALREADY, it's a bug that's been here from release!

Game Mode: Play Online, MyCareer Store

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: LF1 and RF1 keyboard equivalents(default Left Shift and Numpad +) fail to respond while choosing a team in play now(it happened when I was playing with a friend in play now online), and also fail to switch to different page stores in the mycareer store for animations(might be true for other store parts, don't know). Therefore, I can't switch OFF of Jump shots to dunks and etc. to try them out and buy them! it's extremely annoying
emirhasa

Postby jay-r on Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:31 am

Bug description: Last night video highlights stuck on Dec 14, 2016 starting with Cavs vs Grizzlies

Game Mode: Nba Today

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: Open Nba Today.

jay-r

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:50 am

jay-r wrote:Bug description: Last night video highlights stuck on Dec 14, 2016 starting with Cavs vs Grizzlies

Game Mode: Nba Today

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: Open Nba Today.

[ Image ]

Lol I've noticed this a while ago, right after the JR Smith injury. Dissapointing to see the problem is still there after one month
I Hate Mondays

Postby Dommy73 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:23 pm

Bug description: Game disregards my selected aspect ratio and uses desktop settings

Game Mode: Any, game itself

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: I used to play at 21:9 ratio, but due to some performance regression (not going into that now), in order to keep playing at 1440p 60 FPS, I had to switch to 16:9 ratio resolution.
However, the game uses 16:9 window (meaning it correctly has black bars on sides), but the image is still rendered at 21:9, regardless of any in-game settings (aspect ratio, display mode). This results into condensed image.

The workaround is to switch my desktop settings to 16:9, the game then runs correctly.
i7-6800K, 16GB @ 2400MHz CL14, 980 Ti Classy
Fedora 26 for everything meaningful, Windows 10 for games and video entertainment

ImageImageImage
Dommy73
Making 2K16 newbs quit like Curry in the Finals

Postby Michaelagiri on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:11 am

My nba2k17 goes black screen in game then it freezes my whole computer and I have to force restart .....I run an nvida GeForce 980x with 4gb vram so graphics is not the issue I need help cos I can't play any complete match
Michaelagiri

Postby adrian11robben on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:47 am

Bug description: Bugg with the start today feture

Game Mode: start today
Specific steps to reproduce the bug; when i do the start today mode is sincs like normal but it skips playoffs and the contracts wont update
adrian11robben

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:36 am

Game won't load as of 4-16-17. I go to Play Now Mode, game freezes and kicks me back to desktop. I haven't added any patches, or made any changes.
Uncle Drew

Postby sticky-fingers on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:59 am

2K bug...
It works if you turn steam in offline mode :roll:
sticky-fingers

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:42 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:2K bug...
It works if you turn steam in offline mode :roll:

What's up with the roll eyes? Asked a legit question.
Uncle Drew

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:05 pm

I think it was expressing disgust at the bug itself, rather than the question.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:36 pm

you're allright Andrew ;)

Tired of crashes like this... As i already write here, we've paid for a (complete) game, it's not a free2play.
sticky-fingers

Postby Lamrock on Mon May 08, 2017 2:35 pm

I've got a couple super minor ones in myGM. I started my file with a pair of expansion teams, the Kansas City Knights (default) and Seattle Supersonics (off 2KShare). The Knights are a regular team, but the Sonics are bugged. Since the first season, all @ SEA games are played on my team (Portland)'s home court. The crowd wears green and cheers for the Sonics, but the court textures are Portland's. Inconsequential, but weird

Another oddity with these Sonics are their rotations. They had regular rotations the first two seasons, but now, barring injury or fouling out, they play their starters 48 minutes per game. Maybe they hired Thibodeau as their coach, I'll have to check. :S

Extremely minor bugs - more funny than anything, but I thought I'd point them out. :)
Lamrock

Postby Makis on Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 pm

Bug description: User team commits unwanted intentional foul every time AI decides to full court press

Platform: PC
Game Mode: In all Modes/Games that is a User team vs a Cpu team

Additional details: It has not to do with late game intentional fouling. I have it to manual. It can happen in every quarter as long as there is a full court press by user team.
Even "changing adaptive coaching engine" to off, didn't help. Maybe after the beginning of each game, should go gameplan>Defensive setting but it has not full court press manual option. Only on ball press and away from ball press. Anyway I do not mind AI to decide when to full court press, I just don't want to commit those silly intentional fouls even when I am winning , even at first quarter.
Makis

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:03 am

Bug description: Unwanted Ads & pop-ups on game start up, Unwanted Ads during during half-time, Unwanted Ads during game

Additional details: It seems to be a malware by 2K
sticky-fingers

Postby CelticsPorzingod on Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:38 am

Bug description: MyLeague progress doesn't save

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: After playing some games, doing some stuff I save the game and quit the mode. When I load the same file, it didn't save my progress and is in the same place were I was when I started before. Stuck in same date now
''Anything is possible!''-Kevin Garnett
BRODIE & JAYLEN BROWN=BEAST
CelticsPorzingod

Postby tomortlieb on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:12 pm

Bug description: MyLeague contracts do not advance from year to year when using Start Today

Game Mode: MyLeague (Start Today)

Additional details: i.e. If a player has two years left on his contract during the 2016-2017 season, he still has 2 years left during the 2017-2018 season.
tomortlieb

Postby seaboh13 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:50 pm

Bug description: MyLeague or MYGMprogress doesn't save

Game Mode: MyLeague/MyGM

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; additional details: After playing some games, doing some stuff I try to save the game using save or save as. It will not overwrite or save a new file. Internet and game are connected corretcly. it also will not overwrite any other save files I have like settings, options and draft classes.
seaboh13

Postby robisindy on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:27 am

Bug description: MyGM Statistics Glitch

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One): Xbox One

In MyGM mode during my second season, I've noticed that some players that were signed as free agents during the offseason or traded during the season show incorrect statistics. For example, I traded for Kyle Korver during the second season and his stats are locked on saying he's scored 8 points per game in 73 games this season, when he really has only appeared in 53 games and is scoring over 9 points per game. None of the stats ever change, they are just locked in to these incorrect numbers.

Patrick Patterson, who I signed as a free agent during the offseason, shows that he's scoring 18.2 points per game in 32 games. In reality he's only appeared in 8 games due to injury and is only scoring about 5 points a game.

What's strange is that the player's split stats are correct. It shows the actual home and road stats, and in the example of Korver it shows his correct numbers in the "Off the Bench" line of his splits. However, even on that screen the top line that shows overall stats for the season is displaying the incorrect numbers that do not match the split stats on the same screen.

There are many more examples, and it affects players on computer controlled teams as well, not just players on my roster.
robisindy

Postby hedop on Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:01 pm

Bug Description: Getting efeab30c error

Downloaded every bleeding Datapack and tried every trick of the book to trigger another one. The game cut out my online connectivity right after playing a normal MyCareer game (it was the first one of the day, so defo no glitching going on in terms of, oh you cheated your stats to give yourself 5.000 VC at the end of the game and then simmed the rest and now 2k caught you) ended with 20 Pts 12 Reb and 4 Blocks and around 700 VC or so. It kept loading and loading my VC after the game so I had to quit out. As soon as I did It showed me that I wasn't connected anymore, tried to reconnect, nothing but the error message. Let the credits run, played some other games, no download message triggered. Restarted the game, didn't change a thing. Verified Game Cache, didn't change a thing. I tried checking the network status via NBA2k.com/status but that site isn't even loading... so maybe it's just the servers down?

Can only say that this is pissing me the fuck off royally. I paid 50 Bucks for this game. Not only is it a shitty grind show that I can only now enjoy a bit but now it doesn't connect me anymore :(.
hedop

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:07 pm

The serves are indeed down for maintenance at the moment.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby hedop on Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:09 pm

Andrew wrote:The serves are indeed down for maintenance at the moment.

Yeah just saw your other message. Thank you. The same stuff applies. Fuck them and their shitty way to relay messages.
hedop

Previous

Return to NBA 2K17