Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K17

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K17

Postby nice289885427 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:54 am

MyCareer in NBA 2K17 is a disaster, I just hope the MyCareer in 2K17 will be better, just like the word "live your dream"
nice289885427

Postby big-shot-ROB on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:08 pm

D-League option for MyGM/MyLague

The option to send rookies and young guys to a fictional D-League roster would be nice, we used to have this in 2k12's Association Mode. You don't even have to do all D-League teams, just have one team with fictional players that every team uses in the MyGM/MyLeague mode. You can send players there to free spots of your roster, specially 2nd round draftees or to give rookies some experience.

There their stats should develop, specially those who are related to the "Experience" field as Nick suggested with his fantastic breakdown of stats/tendencies and improvements.
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:16 pm

I would like to see Online co-op for association. Because couch co-op is not the norm anymore, it would be cool to be able to play an association with a friend or friends on the same team.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby keeks on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:15 am

Thank god for the Refund feature on steam. Im going to play 1 quick play game and after I find out that there are still unskippable cutscenes im going to uninstall and refund
keeks

Postby keeks on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:17 am

Replays have been broken for like 5 years doubt they get fixed this year
keeks

Postby BrotherJRB on Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:24 am

Created/Edit player body proportions. Weight differences and muscle mass.

Easier play calling. Hopefully vocal.
2013 is the year?
Thanks to Vl@d, Leftos and all the other patchers for their hard work.
BrotherJRB

Postby Nick on Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:15 am

"Footwork" needs to be an added attribute. Players with better footwork should get smoother animations when it comes to planting pivot foots, being balanced, stuff like that. Footwork is the mark of a polished player. It should be rare that rookies have elite footwork.
I.e. someone like Boogie or Paul Pierce would have elite footwork, but someone like Jerami Grant or someone may not
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby fjccommish on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:58 am

Superstars play like superstars. As the hype for 2k17 bubbles around the Internet, I played some 2K16 for the first time in months. In 5 games against the Cavs, LeBron never scored more than 15 points, averaging 12.4. Smith was the leading scorer every game. In 5 games against the Warriors, Curry never took more than three 3 pointers in a game, averaged 13.2 PPG, and never scored more than 17. Green was the high scorer every game. There was no sense of "oh oh, now LeBron/Curry is taking over."

Quarter by quarter player stats would be nice. Right now (2K16) there are quarter by quarter team stats, but no quarter by quarter player stats.

Separate attributes that determine sim play from attributes that determine play in a played game.
fjccommish

Postby miki_92 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:47 pm

They need to fix over-rotaion on defense , players rotate too much for no good reason most of the time
miki_92

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:15 pm

Defensive IQ of my teammates is usually abysmal, even though I manually set pressure to "Tight" (or similar). Like for some reason defenders sag off of good three point shooters. I'd like to see some hard override that would say "Pick your man at half court and be glued to him no matter what".

Maybe it's in the game, I just don't see it.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby iamSamke on Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:41 am

1.Bench reaction after game winner (bench players should run to player who scored and celebrate and maybe even cameraman should run too)
2. Protected picks
3. MyPlayer body size
4. More hairstyles
5. Return of D-League and making Euroleague more useful
6. All Star mode
7. Olympics mode
8. Trade Deadline is way too boring, it should be exciting. 2K did good job on making draft lottery fun to watch.
9. Return Draft room
10. Ability to wear leg sleeve and socks at the same time
11. Created player look way to idiotic
12. Get better through practice, not by buying attributes with VC
13. Shaqtin' a Fool
14. Make Twitter more useful and fun. Let us write our own tweets.
15. Modding support.
iamSamke

Postby Murat on Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:19 am

Accurate uniform number fonts for Bulls and Nets.

Realistic championship winning animations. Media and security fills up the court after the game.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nooks on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:03 pm

i dont understand why no sportsgame developer ever have scanned some real young people (from the street or community pe) for the rookies the roster is filling over the mycareer period. most generic players look strange. some look okay, most odd especially whites.
nooks

Postby big-shot-ROB on Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:24 am

Nick wrote:2 NEW "DYNAMIC" ATTRIBUTES

Form & Experience.

I've noticed a trend where people have to manipulate a players' attributes in order to give them a lower or higher overall rating. In reality the thing that really changes is their playing time. In a league where opportunity = production, and more minutes = opportunity, this isn't really a realistic way to go about it. Just because CJ McCollum got more minutes last year doesn't mean we should bump his athleticism up 10 points. He has the same athleticism as always.

So my solution is to add 2 new attributes that are wildly dynamic throughout the season that affect the overall rating: Form & Experience.

Form is pretty self explanitory. You could also call it "rhythm". You could also call it "confidence". (Actually i think confidence might be the better term). It is completely dynamic, so it can change from 25 to 80 in the space of a couple of weeks. Various things should affect it: player personalities, team chemistry, injuries, good games, bad games, staff comments to the media, etc. "Form" should have a significant affect on the overall rating. It should fluctuate below the core overall rating as well as above.

Then the Experience rating is based on how many minutes a player has played in his career. The more experience a player has, the less he is affected by the "form" swings. The more stablized it becomes. The less susceptible the player is to dropping in confidence/rhythm.

^ So then these two new dynamic attributes work together in tandem as a way of managing a player's consistency.
So we can change "offensive and defensive consistency" attributes, back to awareness.

Quote that. 2K listen.
big-shot-ROB

Postby robfields89 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:54 am

i want this to be the year PC modding truly returns to NBA 2K on PC, but I dont have my hopes up
robfields89

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:01 pm

I'm hoping that we'll see more balance in the gameplay this year. There absolutely needs to be players who are difficult to shut down, and defenders who are difficult to score on, but it needs to be the same for both the CPU and the user. For example, Stephen Curry should hit a lot of difficult shots, but it can't just be the CPU who can do it. Used effectively, the elite players should stand out as elite in both the hands of the user, and when controlled by the AI.

Having played a lot of 2K Pro-Am in recent months, I'd definitely like to see cheesy tactics punished. Zig zag cheese is still a thing, but there are also cheap tactics like being able to flop and draw a charge at halfcourt. You rarely see that in the real NBA, so when users are abusing it, it should result in grade penalties and blocking fouls more often than not. There needs to be a way to keep things competitive - either in terms of capping ratings for Pro-Am, the effectiveness of certain ratings/badges, or the matchmaking - which doesn't always happen when you've got teams full of maxed out players.

The CPU is also still a little cheesy at times as well, bailing itself out with foul calls, or making tough shot after tough shot while you miss layup after layup. It also feels like they can breeze through the defense easier, brushing off and still clipping through defenders, while sticking to you like glue. Again, it comes back to balance. Right now, the game feels a bit too unbalanced. In certain modes sliders can help, but not always with the desired effect, and that solution is no use at all in modes where you can't customise the gameplay through sliders.

Some great ideas regarding tendencies and badges have already been posted. Definitely like and agree with them. Co-sign.

In terms of controls, more fluidity. There are still clunky moments where the players feel like they're running in mud, and legacy issues like hitches in the animation before taking off at a sprint or trying to make an explosive first step, something that doesn't affect the CPU.

Grading logic in MyCAREER and 2K Pro-Am really needs work, as a lot of the issues have been there for a few games now. The system is still too geared towards punishing than rewarding, or fairly grading. You can play well for thirty minutes, then make a couple of mistakes, and go down two whole grades, which is pretty silly. The more you've done in a game, good or bad, the more you should have to do on top of that to raise or lower your teammate grade. Other things like getting penalised for leaving your assignment because the indicator is spinning like a top, constantly changing its mind as to who it wants you to guard when there's a switch, also need to be resolved. It feels like the game is trying to cheat you out of VC at times.

From a customisation standpoint, I'd obviously like to see the game be as modder-friendly as possible. As I discussed in a recent Friday Five however, I feel like the ideal solution would be to give us more in-depth customisation tools in-game, so that minimal external manipulation is required. Deeper roster editing functions for both teams and players, Create-a-Team, access to hidden attributes, the ability to deactivate players in a roster, change team branding outside of MyLEAGUE and MyGM with the same tools, plus the ability to take a classic jersey and make it the new primary jersey...the more we can do in-game, the better.

As I've said many times before, I hope that MyCAREER takes a better approach with its story, or lets us skip it altogether. I'd like to be able to get to all the stuff that's in Year 2 right away, not have to stomach a corny story that doesn't fit the character I've created.

I'll definitely co-sign the great ideas for additions and under the hood fixes/improvements to MyLEAGUE and MyGM. I want to spend more time with MyLEAGUE in NBA 2K17.

Better value for packs in MyTEAM. They're not really worth spending MT on, and really not worth spending VC on right now. Packs that supposedly have high odds of yielding quality cards still seldom do, in my experience. I'd also like to see more challenges that don't have steep requirements to attempt (five players from an historic team, and so on).

While fixing core gameplay issues and the like should always be a priority, I'd love to see something extra added to the game, such as the All-Star Weekend. Not only in the depth modes, but as its own standalone depth mode, so that you can stage your own three-point shootout, dunk contest, Rising Stars Challenge, or All-Star Game any time you want.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Hadley88 on Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:01 am

No FPS Cap in MP Cutscenes. Its absolutely horrible, especially the 30FPS Cap while Cutscenes.... seriously? I'm used to 144FPS all the time! Thats why I very rarely play MP.
Hadley88

Postby Nick on Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:15 pm

Andrew wrote:Having played a lot of 2K Pro-Am in recent months, I'd definitely like to see cheesy tactics punished. Zig zag cheese is still a thing, but there are also cheap tactics like being able to flop and draw a charge at halfcourt. You rarely see that in the real NBA, so when users are abusing it, it should result in grade penalties and blocking fouls more often than not. There needs to be a way to keep things competitive - either in terms of capping ratings for Pro-Am, the effectiveness of certain ratings/badges, or the matchmaking - which doesn't always happen when you've got teams full of maxed out players.

I disagree with this.
As soon as 2k starts adjusting the game's balances for online play it sacrifices how the game plays for us offline/simulation users.
It happened in 2k16 with the patch releases. The game was really nice out of the box, then 2k had to try and fix all the online cheese and it ruined the game's fun and flow for the offline games.

Agreed with everything else you said. Especially this...
There are still clunky moments where the players feel like they're running in mud, and legacy issues like hitches in the animation before taking off at a sprint or trying to make an explosive first step, something that doesn't affect the CPU.

And this
From a customisation standpoint, I'd obviously like to see the game be as modder-friendly as possible. As I discussed in a recent Friday Five however, I feel like the ideal solution would be to give us more in-depth customisation tools in-game, so that minimal external manipulation is required. Deeper roster editing functions for both teams and players, Create-a-Team, access to hidden attributes, the ability to deactivate players in a roster, change team branding outside of MyLEAGUE and MyGM with the same tools, plus the ability to take a classic jersey and make it the new primary jersey...the more we can do in-game, the better.

And this
I want to spend more time with MyLEAGUE in NBA 2K17.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:36 pm

Nick wrote:I disagree with this.
As soon as 2k starts adjusting the game's balances for online play it sacrifices how the game plays for us offline/simulation users.
It happened in 2k16 with the patch releases. The game was really nice out of the box, then 2k had to try and fix all the online cheese and it ruined the game's fun and flow for the offline games.

That is certainly a challenge in trying to make the best possible experience online and offline. Of course, there is some overlap there, such as flopping to draw cheap charging fouls at halfcourt. I certainly don't want to see the online experience fixed at the expense of the offline experience, especially as I'm traditionally an offline gamer. However, there are some things that need to be fixed to make the online experience better. Certainly not at the cost of the offline experience though, so no disagreement there. I don't think the specific changes I suggested there would have a negative impact offline, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:43 pm

To be honest, CPU player is doing the charge "cheese" too. I've had several turnovers due to a charge call on a moving defender - but the CPU decided to raw charge in a microsecond and even though it was clearly a blocking foul, I got slapped with charge.

Fixing that particular issue wouldn't break offline games in my opinion.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby big-shot-ROB on Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:51 pm

I read somewhere 2k is getting ready for competitive tournaments. That's why they have put shot meters into layups and the need of aiming shots with the right stick. They want to create a skill gap between casual players and professional players. The first thing that came to my mind was doing post defense less automatic. Right now I have the impression that most animations in the post involve offensive and defensive player's animations.

Make me have to guess the direction the CPU big is going to go in the post. Punish me if I can't follow his move with my left stick. Create some kind of physics system down there in order to not have animations that involve both the defender and the offensive player. The way around, make it easy for me to fool poor post defenders with turnaround fakes, shot fakes, etc...
big-shot-ROB

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:58 pm

Seeing how powerful maxed out players are in 2K Pro-Am, rewarding skill over pay-to-upgrade doesn't seem like a bad idea, but I hope it works out just as well for offline play.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby keeks on Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:05 am

Fix replays, been broken probably 5 years now
keeks

Postby Nick on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:16 pm

Probably too late now seeing as the game's CD's have already been printed off
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:10 am

That said, if any legacy issues like that remain, we'll keep compiling detailed bug reports to send along.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17