Jay & Silent Bob Get Old @ The Sydney Opera House

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Jay & Silent Bob Get Old @ The Sydney Opera House

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:40 pm

A friend got two tickets to Kevin Smith's show at the Sydney Opera House for his birthday, so he invited me along on Monday night. The first half was a Q&A with Kevin Smith, the second half he brought out Jason Mewes to record an episode of Jay & Silent Bob Get Old.

It was a pretty fun night, to say the least. During the Q&A, he got to four questions, which is no mean feat. After all, if you've ever attended, watched, or listened to a Q&A with Kevin Smith, you'll know that a single question will get him telling a bunch of stories for a long time. They were some great stories though, that ran the gamut of hilarious and heartwarming, and were even a tad inspirational at times. Actually getting to see Jason Mewes act out some of his stories while recording the podcast was pretty funny, too.

I have to admit, I'd kind of waned as a fan of Kevin Smith in recent years. I haven't been keeping up with the podcasts, and I've missed a couple of movies. After seeing the show however, I'm going to have to get back into listening to them, and catch up on some of the films.

A few photos:

Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to Off-Topic