Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5

Postby deihatein on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:48 am

Surprised Lamrock didn't post this.

phpBB [video]
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Re: Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5

Postby Kevin on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:10 am

I remember playing this game on my PSP :lol: was an okay game, tbh.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Lamrock on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:16 am

Tony Hawk is maybe my favorite game series, but this one looks like garbage. Don't see why they couldn't just work off the source code from THPS 4. Gameplay looks just as stiff as in THPS HD, the levels are just reworked versions of old ones, and the graphics look last-gen. I'll rent it of course, but I expect this to be a major flop, sadly.
Lamrock

Postby benji on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:18 pm

From the creators of not just Tony Hawk HD but also Tony Hawk Ride and Tony Hawk Shred!

The Rivert DLC for Tony Hawk HD did make the game slightly better, as did the patch for the PC version, though that shit should have been in the game in the first place, along with like all the maps of 1-3.

I think it might be a "discount" digital title like HD though.

Oh, and the one bit of good news is that Robomodo isn't working on this alone, they're working with another studio which has some former Neversoft and Insomniac people.

Shame no PC version. I'd pick it up for $4 or whatever I did HD.
benji

Postby Lamrock on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:55 am

Okay, so I rented it. Being a hardcore Tony Hawk fan, I saw all the media for this and expected the TH equivalent of Twisted Metal 3. I'll probably post a long-winded review when I beat it (because it's what I do), but here are my quick impressions:

It's a rushed, buggy mess, as evidenced by the review embargo and half of the game being contained in a day one patch. The physics are a joke, the levels are tiny and the graphics would have been criticized five years ago. How they're charging $60 for a dated game with such little content and polish is beyond me.

Despite all the negatives, it's actually pretty fun though. The physics are disastrous, but they made the game easy enough to where it's very playable. The first few maps are uninspired, but I've actually really enjoyed the Big Park and Rooftop levels. Haven't checked out Create-A-Park much, but I will when I have more time. Can't say I'd recommend spending $60 on this, and all of Neversoft's TH games are better (except maybe Proving Ground), but if you like the series, it's worth a rental.

Something tells me this game isn't selling well. I'm ranked top 5 on one of the levels.
Lamrock

Postby benji on Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:57 pm

Good to hear the physics are fucked up, yet again. You'd think they'd have looked back to 1-4 when designing them after the disaster which was HD.

First 30 seconds of this is amazing:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

benji

Return to Off-Topic