Battlefield: Hardline

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Battlefield: Hardline

Postby ThePointForward on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:06 am

I must admit I was intrigued by the differences and liked some of the features in beta. So I gave it a try.
Aaaaand I love it so far. It's like a perfect mix between battlefield and cod.
New modes are fun.
Maps seem to be just the right size - you won't be running into an enemy every ten seconds like in cod, but you also won't search five minutes for firefight like in bf.
Guns are varied enough and the unlock system is great. You get starter's guns already pre-modified and after certain number of kills you unlock each category of upgrades where you can buy what you want. No more grinding to get the right scope. Shotguns finally found utilization. Snipers feel right (no more 40x zooms).
Also if you score a headshot, your crosshair turns red. Nice little feature.
Non-lethal takedowns and subsequent interrogations are good tactical addition.
Rocket launchers scattered throughout the maps finally gives people the ability to play as different classes on vehicle heavy modes.

I really feel like Visceral took everything good about bf, everything good about cod and mixed it up to get great fps.
Plus all the negative hate on the game probably discouraged kids and newfags from buying the game, so I've had really good times in mp so far.

Oh, and the TASER. Love it. Insta-takedown in close range and keeps the ability to interrogate the enemy. Apart from taser I wasn't really forced to buy new weapons yet.

Technical stuff:
So far little to no problems like with bf4.
No crashes and only like two times I got killed around the corner.

And it wouldn't be fair if I didn't mention negatives:
Map "Dust Bowl" is basically a small US desert town (something like goodsprings from fallout nv) and in the middle of the round big sandstorm comes. Really cool effects, the gas mask can help a bit with the blurring... But they didn't play Darude Sandstorm from the town speakers. Totally missed opportunity.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Re: Battlefield: Hardline

Postby [Q] on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:48 am

This is the first fps i bought since bf3, which I liked. It's pretty fun and I like that the game modes are a bit different than your traditional fps multiplayer modes. Love the 5v5 one death modes.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Re: Battlefield: Hardline

Postby ThePointForward on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:37 pm

Recorded today, 3HP winning kill :)
One of my worse performances though, on TDM I usually average 1,4-2 K/D (sometimes even 5+, but I've still yet to be match MVP).
phpBB [video]
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Return to Off-Topic