Game of Thrones Thread (The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Whose side are you on?

Cersei Lannister
No votes
Daenerys Targaryen
83%
White Walkers
17%

Total votes : 6

Re: Game of Thrones Thread (The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers)

Postby jenz on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:45 pm

So what are your fearless forecasts for the season? Some of mine:

- (Based on leaks and storyline) Jon Snow to ally (in a way) with Daenerys primarily to mine dragon glass and to fight the white walkers
- Infighting within Jon's camp, no thanks to Littlefinger
- Jamie kills or betrays Cersei
- Fucking Hound stars in a significant role in the fight with the white walkers (face turn!)
jenz
Too cool for a custom title.

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:02 pm

I'd say those are some pretty solid predictions.

I have a feeling Ayra won't end up exacting revenge on Cersei, at least directly. I also get the feeling she'll continue to miss out on reunions with the rest of the remaining Starks.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jenz on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:52 pm

I'm so used to seeing Arya with her own story that I don't know where she will fit now that she's back.

When everything's settled, I am more curious as to where the three great players of the game (for me) end up -- Tyrion, Varys and Littlefinger.
jenz

Postby Kevin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:04 pm

Isn't Arya too OP though? Imagine her killing one of the servers/chefs/high guards of Cersei and then poisoning/killing her whenever she wants.

The snow-targaeryen alliance is going to come 90%. Jon gets his dragonglass. Where would the 3 dragons come to play though? Would daenerys battle cersei with all dragons? Or would the dragons fight alongside Jon? Would the dragons even obey Jon?

The Cersei-Jamie drama probably has the tendency to end like that since a lot of people do think its going to be Arya. Also.... Jamie vs The Mountain????????? :crazyeyes:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:16 pm

Clegane Bowl. Isn't that what we're all waiting for?

That's why I think Ayra will fall short when it comes to Cersei. Sure, she's had had her badass moments with the Freys, but the point is that they are cowards who acted tough, but ultimately aren't a competent enemy. Even as she descends further into madness, Cersei is still more dangerous and calculating.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:12 pm

New season of GoT, new reviews from Ozzy Man Reviews.

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jenz on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:22 pm

That's hilarious. :))

I was thinking what gift Aeron would give Cersei. I imagine one dead dragon?
jenz

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:38 am

I think the gift to Cersei would be Tyrion. Tyrion to invoke trial by combat again, chooses Jamie. Jamie accepts, Cersei feels betrayed, brother/sister/husband/wife feud starts between the two.

Euron somehow manages to cross paths, die and be revived by the Night King. White Walkers now have a fleet, have ships will travel. Hound's vision will now be possible, of the White Walkers invading a castle by the sea.

Calling it early that Night King will also get to control one of Daenerys' dragons.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby jenz on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:57 am

Welp, I meant Euron, yes.

shadowgrin wrote:I think the gift to Cersei would be Tyrion. Tyrion to invoke trial by combat again, chooses Jamie. Jamie accepts, Cersei feels betrayed, brother/sister/husband/wife feud starts between the two.

But...but trial by combat has been outlawed by Tywin.
jenz

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:58 am

Tyrion's probably also going to be a little tougher to capture, this time around.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jenz on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:09 am

Yeah, I've seen enough of Tyrion being captured and going through trial by combat. I'd say he'll stay with Daenerys till it's over.
jenz

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:25 am

Agreed. Although, that doesn't mean that it isn't Euron's plan. If so, I hope he doesn't succeed, forcing another rehash of that.

Speaking of Tyrion, is there any explanation as to how Cersei found out that Daenerys named him Hand of the Queen? Seems like one of those instances where information travels at the speed of plot, and she's found out that information simply so she and Jamie can have a dramatic conversation about it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:48 am

Tommen the Hypeslayer outlawed trial by combat, he's dead now just like Tywin. Cleganebowl hype resumes.

Cersei still has little birds (spies) even if Varys is gone from her service. She did have those kids burn the wildfire that destroyed the citadel last season. Then again Varys could be a double agent.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:54 am

Good point. Still, even taking into account the little birds, and the chronology of events not taking place at quite the same time they're being shown on-screen, information - and characters, for that matter - do seem to travel at the speed of plot at times.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:43 am

is it sunday yet? i have 2 friends who work for a company that deals with hbo streaming and they get the episode almost a full week early every week and it drives me crazy. why cant everyone just adopt the netflix strategy
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:39 am

The gruelling week-long wait. Better than the wait between Season 6 and 7, I suppose!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:30 am

Sauru wrote:is it sunday yet? i have 2 friends who work for a company that deals with hbo streaming and they get the episode almost a full week early every week and it drives me crazy. why cant everyone just adopt the netflix strategy

Would people actually want them to release everything in a day? I think that would kill the suspense and the hype. A season comes out every year so imagine binging that shit for 1 or 2 days. You'd have to wait for a year and now you're sad. :lol:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:12 pm

A binge can be fun, though. That's how I got into (and caught up on) the series in the first place. After that, it was a rude shock having to wait a week for a new episode, though ultimately very satisfying.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:09 pm

Calling it now that it's either Jamie who kills Cersei, or Arya posing as Jamie. Or Arya posing as Ed Sheeran.

Would Dany allow an alliance with the Starks even if Ned is with Robert's Rebellion to overthrow the Mad King, or would Bran warg his way back to Westeros to tell Jon and Dany about the R+L=J theory?
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:20 pm

Given the White Walker threat, I think she's pragmatic enough. Finding out about R+L=J would obviously help.

Seems Ed Sheeran's cameo is getting a lot of hate. I neither like or dislike his music, but the amount of vitriol seems silly to me. It was a harmless cameo in a scene that was intended to give Aryra pause and humanise the Lannister army somewhat. He's apparently a fan, and Maisie Williams is apparently a fan of his, so they organised a cameo. Look, I'm all for getting caught up in the lore of the show and all that, but talk about overreactions. Mind you, I didn't immediately recognise him, only "oh, that's a guest star", so I guess that played a role in the cameo not bugging me at all.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:00 pm

Arya gets caught, invokes trial by combat, picks Ed Sheeran as her champion.

Ed Sheeran vs The Mountain is the next best thing to Cleganebowl.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby bigh0rt on Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:42 am

Andrew wrote:Given the White Walker threat, I think she's pragmatic enough. Finding out about R+L=J would obviously help.

Seems Ed Sheeran's cameo is getting a lot of hate. I neither like or dislike his music, but the amount of vitriol seems silly to me. It was a harmless cameo in a scene that was intended to give Aryra pause and humanise the Lannister army somewhat. He's apparently a fan, and Maisie Williams is apparently a fan of his, so they organised a cameo. Look, I'm all for getting caught up in the lore of the show and all that, but talk about overreactions. Mind you, I didn't immediately recognise him, only "oh, that's a guest star", so I guess that played a role in the cameo not bugging me at all.

I'm not a huge fan of cameos like this, because as I watch, I can't stop thinking "there's Ed Sheeran in Westeros" or whomever the guest star is, provided they aren't playing themselves. That being said, anybody who feels it takes away from the story or show or experience is a wet blanket and probably an absolute blast at parties (N) If you spend a minute of your day being actually angry or enraged or upset about this, you're a loser, plain and simple. And, given the aforementioned vitriol and nonsense that went on via social media, there's tons of them out there.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kevin on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:18 am

I just shouted "HEY THAT'S ED!" and then carried on. Some people brought on the hate on him so much that it made him delete his twitter account.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:49 am

bigh0rt wrote:I'm not a huge fan of cameos like this, because as I watch, I can't stop thinking "there's Ed Sheeran in Westeros" or whomever the guest star is, provided they aren't playing themselves. That being said, anybody who feels it takes away from the story or show or experience is a wet blanket and probably an absolute blast at parties (N) If you spend a minute of your day being actually angry or enraged or upset about this, you're a loser, plain and simple. And, given the aforementioned vitriol and nonsense that went on via social media, there's tons of them out there.

For sure. Disliking the cameo is one thing, and totally fair for the reasons you mentioned, but the outrage was really disproportionate.

Kevin wrote:I just shouted "HEY THAT'S ED!" and then carried on. Some people brought on the hate on him so much that it made him delete his twitter account.

I've read that he was planning on doing it anyway because of the toxicity that can permeate the platform, but if nothing else, it probably helped him make up his mind that he was making the right call.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:02 pm

I initially said, "Hey that's Dean Ambrose!" but then again Ambrose does not have a singing voice like that. So yeah, that's Ed Sheeran.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic