Game of Thrones Thread (The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Whose side are you on?

Starks
35%
Lannisters
10%
Baratheons
10%
Targaryens
30%
Greyjoys
No votes
Tullys
5%
Boltons
No votes
Tarlys
No votes
Arryns
No votes
Cleganes
10%
Martell
No votes

Total votes : 20

Re: Game of Thrones Thread

Postby Pdub on Thu May 05, 2016 7:38 pm

Baelish did manipulation from shadows, but now that he is a Lord, he is much more noticeable. I can't wait to see him die.

I like checking out the theories people out on YouTube, like Tyrion and Jon Snow might be Targarean.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu May 05, 2016 7:42 pm

That one definitely seems to have some merit.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Sat May 07, 2016 7:00 pm

i would hope so otherwise they have not really been paying attention
Sauru

Postby Ur Boi Bangs Chol on Sun May 08, 2016 7:04 pm

Pdub wrote:I like checking out the theories people out on YouTube, like Tyrion and Jon Snow might be Targarean.

Even an assumption is out there that Hodor is a Targaeryan. Good times.
ImageImageImage
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
Ur Boi Bangs Chol
NLSC's Jefferson Davis/The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Sun May 08, 2016 8:06 pm

That reminds me, there was an unintentionally (maybe?) funny moment in the second episode, when Bran asked Hodor what happened to him, and Hodor of course replies "Hodor". It was probably meant to be rhetorical, but the way the line was delivered, it was like he was genuinely expecting an answer.

Speaking of theories though, there's a pretty good one about Hodor. It may be off the mark, but it does make sense.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon May 09, 2016 12:13 pm

Oh, that was a satisfying episode, in my book. Really liking this season so far.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Mon May 09, 2016 3:19 pm

agreed. another good episode. each episode leaves me wishing it was next sunday already. next year i need to just wait for the season to end and watch them all in a row.........yeah that wont ever happen. man netflix has spoiled me
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Mon May 09, 2016 8:21 pm

Because I got into the series late, that's basically how I consumed the first four seasons. I don't think I could do it now, though. Once you're into a show, you're much more aware of spoilers; whatever passed over my head before, I'm going to pay attention to now. It gives us something to look forward to each week, too.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Tue May 10, 2016 9:47 am

I'm glad Jon Snow didn't show mercy on Olly. For a sec, I thought maybe he would but already, we're starting to see a different Jon Snow. He's gonna be a lot colder and gives no effs anymore. Great season so far.
Izzy Snow

Postby Andrew on Tue May 10, 2016 10:16 am

I was wondering if he would, and I too was glad that he didn't. Kit Harington himself had a great take on the new Jon Snow.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Tue May 10, 2016 6:58 pm

man there is so much shit going on i feel like i need 2 hour episodes
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Tue May 10, 2016 8:54 pm

Ozzy Man recaps and reviews Episode 3. Spoiler and Aussie accent warnings.

phpBB [video]

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon May 16, 2016 12:11 pm

Another strong episode, with a brilliant performance from Emilia Clarke's body double.

Seriously though, even though we're still seeing God Mode Ramsay, it was nice to finally see a Stark reunion where someone doesn't get killed just before it can happen. Seems like they're setting up some epic battles for Episodes 9 and 10.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Tue May 17, 2016 2:33 pm

this episode seriously gave me goose bumps, we have been waiting 5 years for this shit. i personally want to see snow meet with brann and arya more so but this was awesome. hell this entire episode was awesome. the looks between tormund and brienne were a damn riot. show had a great ending too which by the way she claims was all her and not a body double
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Tue May 17, 2016 3:11 pm

Yeah, I've since read that it wasn't a body double. Well, there you go.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Ur Boi Bangs Chol on Tue May 17, 2016 7:44 pm

I like how sauru just had to insert that last piece of information in his post.
ImageImageImage
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
Ur Boi Bangs Chol
NLSC's Jefferson Davis/The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Tue May 17, 2016 10:31 pm

Crucial information.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Tue May 17, 2016 11:33 pm

Actually read that she wouldn't be showing off any of her parts after Season 1 but eh win-win.

Great episode just a whole lot of plot holes.

Why didn't any of those warriors ever try to stop her? lmao. Also love the way they all bowed down after seeing her emerge from the fire. "Shit, they're bowing. Do we do the same?" "Ah, fuck it. Fine."

Main Modding Threads: NBA 2K16|NBA 2K15|NBA 2K14
Story Thread: Montreal Ravens (A 1996 Franchise Story)

"The new NLSC Webmaster should be either Bobby Simmons, Yao Ming, Jason Kapono, Michael Doleac, maybe Luis Scola or Josh Powell."
- The one and only, CoryMach7
Kevin
Lakers - I mean Kobe fan.

Postby Andrew on Wed May 18, 2016 9:01 am

I'd heard that she had a no-nudity clause since Season 4, but she's also clarified that she's been misquoted about her stance on nudity and sex scenes. She had a couple of nude scenes in Season 3.

Those aren't really plot holes. The Dothraki didn't stop her because they didn't see her as a threat, or an equal in any way. By the time they even had an inkling that she wasn't messing around, and not someone to be messed around with, they were trapped and surrounded by fire. As for them all bowing down...well, she's just emerged unscathed from the fire that killed their leaders. It's not unfathomable that a lot of them would think that she's some kind of supernatural being, and thus someone they should revere and follow. Crowd mentality being what it is, once a bunch of them decide "She's who we'll follow now, I'm bowing", others will see that and think "Yeah, they're right" and do the same.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Fri May 20, 2016 1:34 am

About the nudity, she told british tv that she was worried about being "type casted" which is why when she was approached by the 50 shades of grey crew about her being the girl in it her people shut that straight down
mp3

Postby Andrew on Mon May 23, 2016 1:05 pm

So, that busts a few theories about Hodor, and shows us what is arguably a more tragic truth. Damn.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Mon May 23, 2016 3:14 pm

might be the most emotional death in the show so far. the one true innocent the show had

i have reached a point where i need the Arya story to start going some where and i personally hope it goes down the path of her wanting to remain as Arya.

i hope they dont go to far into time travel, never been a big fan of it myself.

as a side note, those were some spectacular breasts
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Mon May 23, 2016 5:10 pm

I agree. It certainly seems they were hinting at that with her reaction to the on-stage portrayal of her family. A girl still has a name, and has not forgotten her past.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Mon May 23, 2016 5:44 pm

i have been dying for some stark reunions and the one we got was really nice but its Arya and jon snow i want to see the most followed by snow and bran
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Mon May 23, 2016 6:19 pm

Considering that none of them have spoken to Bran while he's been conscious since episode one, that would be pretty special.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby el badman on Tue May 24, 2016 9:52 am

Pretty amazing ending indeed, had me stunned for a few minutes there.
Agreed on the Arya stuff, it's beginning to look like it's not going anywhere, hopefully not the case. Great episode overall.
El Badmanator IV: Intel i7-3770K @3.50GHz, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB; Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; OCZ Vertex4 256GB SSD; ASUS P8Z77-V LX mobo; Corsair Vengeance @2133MHz 16GB DDR3 RAM; Samsung SyncMaster 3D LED 27" S27A950D; Thermaltake 750W PSU; Razer DeathAdder Chroma gaming mouse; Gigabyte Aivia Osmium mechanical keyboard; Smilodon Dirk-Tooth case; Creative 5.1 Surround sound; Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Kit; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Andrew on Tue May 24, 2016 9:55 am

Hopefully it's building to something, and just being stretched out a little to give Maisie Williams more to do over the course of a season, kind of like Theon's torture in Season 3.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon May 30, 2016 12:17 pm

Ugh, Tommen. You might just be a worse king than Joffrey. The High Sparrow is looking awfully smug right now.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Mon May 30, 2016 3:27 pm

this was a slow episode for me, not much i cared about. even the benjen "reveal" was off. it was obvious it was him the second you saw him but they kept it a "secret" for some reason til the end of the episode. i did however get what i wanted from the Arya story line though i really wish we got the fight this week instead of having to wait until next. the dragon seemed like some fan service thing. it was almost like they knew it was a slow episode and they wanted something cool to end it with.
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Mon May 30, 2016 7:47 pm

It was a bit of a breather episode.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby el badman on Tue May 31, 2016 9:29 am

Agreed, which was kinda expected given the intensity of the previous episode, but I also do wish Arya had kicked that bitch's ass in this episode, or at least that something awful had finally happened to the high sparrow...
El Badmanator IV: Intel i7-3770K @3.50GHz, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB; Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; OCZ Vertex4 256GB SSD; ASUS P8Z77-V LX mobo; Corsair Vengeance @2133MHz 16GB DDR3 RAM; Samsung SyncMaster 3D LED 27" S27A950D; Thermaltake 750W PSU; Razer DeathAdder Chroma gaming mouse; Gigabyte Aivia Osmium mechanical keyboard; Smilodon Dirk-Tooth case; Creative 5.1 Surround sound; Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Kit; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Andrew on Tue May 31, 2016 10:01 am

Hopefully, they're building to that. I'm undecided as to whether Margery has truly been converted by the High Sparrow, or whether she's outsmarted him with a long con. I'm leaning towards the latter...or at least hoping, perhaps.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Tue May 31, 2016 12:18 pm

i just want to see someone get their comeuppance from the right person. seeing as this is the game of thrones the sparrow will get what is due to him but it will be from someone like bronn
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Tue May 31, 2016 1:05 pm

It's Game of Thrones. I'll take justice however I can get it. :lol:

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Tue May 31, 2016 1:25 pm

i wonder what people consider a fit end for ramsey? something like theon cutting on his pecker and sansa using it to make a strap on to rape him to death? too much? not enough?

most likely he will just get stabbed in the gut and get a quick death and the fans will rage over it
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Tue May 31, 2016 1:44 pm

You're never going to satisfy everyone, so don't even worry about trying to do that. I think a fitting end would be him getting cocky in his scheming, only to have it blow up in his face as the Starks take back Winterfell. Have Jon impale him with Longclaw, and Sansa deliver a few choice words as he's bleeding out.

Or he's betrayed by a bannerman. "The North Remembers..."

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:10 pm

So, no big battles in Episode 7, but some big events nevertheless: return of The Hound, Margaery definitely appearing to be pulling a con, Jon and Sansa beginning their efforts to rally support with limited success, and The Waif stabbing Arya. This being Game of Thrones, anyone can (and obvoiusly does) die, but it would seem a bit anti-climactic to end the latter arc that way. Also, the fact that she didn't drop dead by the end of the episode suggests there's more to the story.

Glad I chose to watch it over most of Game 2 of the NBA Finals, too. Much more entertaining.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Re: Game of Thrones Thread (The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers)

Postby Sauru on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:39 pm

it was another really good episode but another build up one. i am expecting some pay off next week. the return made me very happy though as he has always been my favorite character on the show
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:41 pm

Episodes 8, 9, and 10 are usually epic, with 9 often being the biggest of the season (though the cliffhanger ending of Season 5, Episode 10 managed to go one step further). Meanwhile, we're getting close to another season being over. :(

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:12 am

yeah its getting close to the series being over now. if what they say is true we are down to our last 16 here
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:19 am

A shame on one hand, but seeing how some television series are dragged out long past their use-by date, it's probably for the best, if the story continues to be well-told.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:30 pm

so seeing the names of the last 3 episodes has me pretty damn excited. looked like once again episode 9 will be the big one for the season
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:46 pm

Agreed. I'm expecting three strong episodes, and another tantalising cliffhanger. D&D know how to push our buttons.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:50 am

the real question is, are we actually going to see the brothers fight? its the thing i want to see more than anything else
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:42 am

I must admit that I'm not as hyped as a lot of people seem to be about the possibility of Cleganebowl, probably because if the "good" brother wins, so does the High Sparrow. I'm more interested in Jon vs. Ramsey.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:20 pm

nah fuck that we need the hound to come back and kill em all. kill his brother. kill cersi. kill the sparrow. just murder everyone. i am biased as he is by far my favorite character on the show
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:28 pm

As long as he takes out the High Sparrow.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:43 pm

So! We finally see The Waif suffer a comeuppance, which is one positive outcome in an episode where things went awry elsewhere. The fact that we did get one positive outcome makes me a little afraid of what's going to happen in Episodes 9 and 10, which as previously noted, usually succeed in being the most epic every season. I know GOT isn't supposed to be all about happy endings, and that is what makes it good, but too many downer endings end up feeling like a shaggy dog story...or indeed, a shaggydog story. The High Sparrow's fall will have to wait, but hopefully Ramsay's is drawing closer.

Speculating on the future, I have a feeling that Cersei is going to end up killing Tommen, though perhaps indirectly, and thereby fulfilling the prophecy that she'll see all three of her children die.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:42 am

man i love having the hound back. his scenes were my favorite again this week. i am getting a little tired of the dragons always being there at exactly the right time. the arya chase scene was fun stuff but i wish we got to actually see them fight. it was pretty cool though how it went down. seems her time being blind helped out a lot. i think next week will bring an end to ramsey and hopefully in a spectacular way. however i think it wont be a happy ending all around, i think someone else is going to die. too many happy stories this season, someone gonna get taken from us. rickon maybe? would be a "good" character lost but not a fan favorite or anything
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:31 am

I don't know about there being too many happy stories this season, but I agree that there will be a price to pay for any kind of victory by Jon Snow and Sansa.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic