Game of Thrones Thread (The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Whose side are you on?

Cersei Lannister
No votes
Daenerys Targaryen
83%
White Walkers
17%

Total votes : 6

Re: Game of Thrones Thread (The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers)

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:20 pm

They're not messing around this season, and I love it. I didn't have any major complaints through the first two episodes anyway, but there wasn't a single scene that dragged or felt in any way unnecessary this week.

Good to see Dany seeing reason and backing off the "bend the knee" attitude, at least a little. Not sure about Jon's choice not to discuss the mutiny and resurrection though. It's a good counter to all her proclamations of destiny and whatnot. As much as I want to see Cersei defeated, I found myself enjoying her revenge against the Sand Snakes.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:37 pm

another great episode with 2 more meetings i have been waiting years for. so glad jon didnt just give in and i loved his lack of an introduction. while dany is hellbent on playing queen jon justs wants to save everyone.
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:46 pm

Good thing she saw reason in the end. Judging by the preview of Episode 4, their alliance is going to get stronger, as it needs to.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:41 pm

Tyrion is arguably the smartest man in Westeros but the recent episode showed he's still no experienced military tactician (Battle of Blackwater was home court advantage, almost lost it too).
Euron, cutting off the Unsullied Army from returning to Dragonstone, maybe even capturing or killing them all if they don't abandon Casterly Rock.
Jamie removing another Daenerys' ally, the Tyrell's, to control that family's resources to supply the Lannister army to siege Dragonstone or Winterfell.

All that's left are the 3 dragons, the Dothraki army, and the North but their king is playing minecraft at south beach.

lol at that nod to GoT fan girls with Tyrion seeing a brooding Jon Snow on the cliff.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:52 pm

Yeah, he's been outsmarted the past two weeks. Seems Cersei isn't as unhinged and unprepared for organised military conflicts as I'd have guessed.

Tyrion and Jon's conversations were great, some really entertaining lines from both of them.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:02 pm

A nekkid Missandei is always welcome to my eyes. :cheeky:

So I was watching the episode earlier when the power went out. :shake: The power went back 45 minutes after the episode was done. Gonna catch the replay now.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby jenz on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:52 am

Episode 3 is amazing. :shock:

I'd hate to see Greyworm die if the unsullied are to perish. Cersei is not playing around.

Until the end, Olenna Tyrell still acted schmuck. :lol:
jenz
Too cool for a custom title.

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:09 pm

I don't think the Unsullied are done for yet. Dany is losing, but she hasn't lost.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jenz on Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:55 pm

Apparently, HBO has been hacked. One reddit user's post history contains a leak to the full season 7 script (I did not verify). He's 100% right so far per comments. Damn, I don't want to be spoiled in any way.
jenz

Postby Sauru on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:50 pm

i feel like that entire awkward sex scene with grey worm was to give his eventual death more meaning
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:54 pm

jenz wrote:Apparently, HBO has been hacked. One reddit user's post history contains a leak to the full season 7 script (I did not verify). He's 100% right so far per comments. Damn, I don't want to be spoiled in any way.

Yeah, I'll pass as well. I enjoy seeing the story unfold too much.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby big-shot-ROB on Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:30 pm

I started to dislike Dany in season 5, but her ego has grown on another level. Nobody is bending a knee to you with that attitude. Right now I can't support anyone aiming for the throne. I guess Jaime would be my choice since John I would not like seeing John sit on it.
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:53 pm

Sauru wrote:i feel like that entire awkward sex scene with grey worm was to give his eventual death more meaning

Cut Grey Worm some slack old man, it was his first time, it's always awkward the first time.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby bigh0rt on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:03 am

Bran Stark remains the absolute worst character/actor in the show. It pains me feeling like he'll be such an integral part of the conclusion of the show. He's ass.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby big-shot-ROB on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:15 am

bigh0rt wrote:Bran Stark remains the absolute worst character/actor in the show. It pains me feeling like he'll be such an integral part of the conclusion of the show. He's ass.

I found myself screaming to the TV "Then freaking explain it" every time he told Sansa it was complicated.
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:01 am

I'll give Isaac Hempstead Wright the benefit of the doubt here, and say that it's the character, so more so the writing/direction rather than his abilities. On that note, though, I completely agree.

"I was mentored by the Three Eyed Raven, who died, and now I am the Three Eyed Raven. I can see into the past, among other things. For example..."

I mean, it could be difficult to believe, but the explanation itself can be made quite simple. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:51 am

Andrew wrote:I'll give Isaac Hempstead Wright the benefit of the doubt here, and say that it's the character, so more so the writing/direction rather than his abilities. On that note, though, I completely agree.

"I was mentored by the Three Eyed Raven, who died, and now I am the Three Eyed Raven. I can see into the past, among other things. For example..."

I mean, it could be difficult to believe, but the explanation itself can be made quite simple. :lol:

The writing for the character is very poor, but even the acting of the reunion. The dead "Hello Sansa". Nothing is going to drive me crazier than when the entire Game of Thrones boils down to Bran and Sam being the key components to defeating the army of the undead, while Jon, Tyrion, Dany, et al are meaningless pawns.

Also is your friend really your friend if you can't ask them if their sister likes a finger up her bum?
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:18 am

big-shot-ROB wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Bran Stark remains the absolute worst character/actor in the show. It pains me feeling like he'll be such an integral part of the conclusion of the show. He's ass.

I found myself screaming to the TV "Then freaking explain it" every time he told Sansa it was complicated.

my problem was to prove he is all knowing he brings up her rape and tells her how pretty she looked just before being raped. he could have said anything else but fuck it lets talk about the first night you were raped.
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:01 am

bigh0rt wrote:The writing for the character is very poor, but even the acting of the reunion. The dead "Hello Sansa". Nothing is going to drive me crazier than when the entire Game of Thrones boils down to Bran and Sam being the key components to defeating the army of the undead, while Jon, Tyrion, Dany, et al are meaningless pawns.

Also is your friend really your friend if you can't ask them if their sister likes a finger up her bum?

Possibly, but that still strikes me as being the writing and direction as much as anything else. They seem to want Bran to be creepily emotionless and monotone, for whatever reason. He's not being given great material to work with, so at the very least, I think it's difficult to say how good of an actor he is. It's frustrating either way, though.

Euron Greyjoy has been great this season. He's an enjoyable over the top villain: unhinged but still brilliant, crude but undeniably witty.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jenz on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:18 am

Bran not explaining to Sansa wtf he's talking about is one of the worst TV tropes.

Euron is brilliant, he's got a Joker vibe. He deserves a glorious death. I'm guessing death by Reek.
jenz

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:22 am

It doesn't help that his relevance to the overall plot mostly seems to be to deliver exposition and backstory.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:51 pm

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:53 am

jenz wrote:Bran not explaining to Sansa wtf he's talking about is one of the worst TV tropes.

Euron is brilliant, he's got a Joker vibe. He deserves a glorious death. I'm guessing death by Reek.

I may be the only person who doesn't want to see Reek vindication. I'm done with Theon. Need him to just die. Euron deserves a much more glorious death. He's been an absolute rock star this season so far. Unlike Ramsey, though, he's a villain I find myself liking and rooting for.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:58 am

Ramsey had very few redeeming qualities, except possibly his diabolical cunning. Euron's committed fewer on-screen atrocities, and has some pretty funny lines. He's a bad guy and I don't want to see him win because he's aligned with Cersei, but I don't think it'll be the same catharsis as it was to see Ramsey gets his comeuppance.

I'm not sure how to feel about Theon. He's a pretty tragic character, and it makes sense that he blue screened like that, but yeah, I don't know where his character goes from here.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:12 am

Andrew wrote:Ramsey had very few redeeming qualities, except possibly his diabolical cunning. Euron's committed fewer on-screen atrocities, and has some pretty funny lines. He's a bad guy and I don't want to see him win because he's aligned with Cersei, but I don't think it'll be the same catharsis as it was to see Ramsey gets his comeuppance.

I'm not sure how to feel about Theon. He's a pretty tragic character, and it makes sense that he blue screened like that, but yeah, I don't know where his character goes from here.

Agreed. I'm not rooting for Euron to win, per so, but rooting for him to cause a ton of chaos and disarray, as he has through 3 episodes thus far. I love the pacing of the season so far, much like last season.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic