Hiphop here

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Hiphop here

Postby nnr on Fri Nov 22, 2002 11:58 am

Ok so I couldnt stand being in the other hiphop thread, VC tried but yeah I dont think you can help them that much.

After listening to the Reflection Eternal album, it became my favourite, and probably still is, but i fear for Quality being too "commercial" (for lack of use of a better word) and i didnt like Common's flow on Mary J Blige album but he redeemed himself on the Brown Sugar soundtrack with Love of my Life - Erykah Badu...

What did yall think of the new J5 album? got some bangers on that thing.

Basically lately ive been listening to Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein, Aesop Rock, the new Mr Lif Album, Sage Francis, Roots Manuva, Phi Life Cypher, anything good...

Please i ask dont put any of your DMX Nelly crap in here, dont wanna hear about it, change the name of the other topic to "Rap Fans" because thats all your listening to... :idea:
nnr

Postby Clinton on Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:00 pm

I like 'What's Golden" by J5. I haven't heard the whole album though.
Clinton

Postby MajaFiggaz_Early! on Sun Nov 24, 2002 3:49 pm

Yo nnr you heard AZ latest Album Aziatic? That thing is blazin. Yeah that J5 joint is sick.

I think that Talib Kweli wont dissapoint with Quality. I think it will be a nice joint even if there are a couple commercial joint on there just to try and seel, I think Talib will have some REAL shit on there.

How you think Common joint "Electronic Circus" gonna sound?

I had also picked up this exclusive best of Black Thought joint 2 weeks ago. I just can stop listening to it. That young man is a genius. I can't wait for Phrenology to drop!
MajaFiggaz_Early!

Postby Smooth on Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:01 am

you guys heard the new dasEFX track?

http://www.redmusic.com/streams/DasEFX_EastCoast.ram

"EAST COAST HUSTLERS"

imo it's ok..but..thats not dasEFX style...
Smooth

Postby BMG on Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:40 pm

MajaFiggaz_iz_Back wrote:Yo nnr you heard AZ latest Album Aziatic? That thing is blazin. Yeah that J5 joint is sick.

I think that Talib Kweli wont dissapoint with Quality. I think it will be a nice joint even if there are a couple commercial joint on there just to try and seel, I think Talib will have some REAL shit on there.

How you think Common joint "Electronic Circus" gonna sound?

I had also picked up this exclusive best of Black Thought joint 2 weeks ago. I just can stop listening to it. That young man is a genius. I can't wait for Phrenology to drop!

yo that new roots is koo yo not they best but its a quality album

but yo the black thought got a real solo joint that probally aint never comin called "Masterpiece Theatre"
got mad fat producers and everything but the label pulled it at the las minute.
its been done since like nov of 2001 and was supposed to drop las feb
BMG

Return to Off-Topic