Dear LiveJournal,

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Dear LiveJournal,

Postby NovU on Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:39 am

My desktop's been getting blue screen of death. I am afraid I lost my hard disks. :shake:
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby NovU on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:44 am

As suspected, my main hard disk is looking like a toast.

I re-installed fresh windows 8.1 on a second hard disk but for some reason, it looks like my main Hard Disk became RAW with no File System defined. How can I recover data?
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:54 am

The same thing happened to me. I forget the program that saved my data off hand, but when I get a chance to find it I will let you know.

FYI, it takes a little trial and error and you need another disk you can dump the data to in many cases, especially if the drive had been failing. Some cases just allow you to repair the the master file table. In my case, files were recoverable, but the drive was no longer usable. I'll get back to you.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:55 am

If you can access the drive via another Windows installation (ie booting from another hard drive, or using a SATA to USB hub on another PC), you can trying repairing the MFT with programs such as Partition Doctor, and recovering the files with something like EaseUs Data Recovery Wizard. As Pat said, you may not be able to get the drive itself back up and running, but you might at least be able to recover a good chunk of your data.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:24 am

I appreciate the advice.

Pdub, yeah I am just looking to retrieve work files, couldn't careless about physical hard disk at this point.

Andrew, I will go ahead and try that. I will let you know how it fares.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby mp3 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:27 pm

Goodluck Serbian Jeremy Lin (:-))
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:21 am

NovU wrote:I appreciate the advice.

Pdub, yeah I am just looking to retrieve work files, couldn't careless about physical hard disk at this point.

Andrew, I will go ahead and try that. I will let you know how it fares.

I totally zoned on this. I tried plenty of programs and none of them were able to recover the files the way I needed. Testdisk is quite a powerful command-line tool that you can find here.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

The process can be really slow. I swear it took a couple of days, but it will recover everything recoverable. Just make sure you have enough space on another drive.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:57 am

I'll have to check that out, add it to my toolkit.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby formx on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:01 am

Booked my plane tickets to London. Gonna be there from the 23rd of March to the 5th of April. Bought Manchester United tickets to the game against Everton on the 3rd of April. As a Manchester United supporter it is one of my dreams to see a game at Old Trafford. That would be pretty exciting.

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby NovU on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:33 pm

iamSamke wrote:NovU did you fix your problem?

Not yet. :oops:

I've been occupied by another life problem lately hence no posts from me these days. Basically relocating to another city. Last couple week's been pretty much hell with so much stress. I will come back to the forum asap, miss yall. Just don't do anything I wouldn't do while I am gone and wreck this place.

formx, I think you chose the wrong game to attend. My prediction for the game is 3 nil for the Everton. Have fun there though. :wink:
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Kevin on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:07 pm

Where are you relocating and why?

Best regards,
CIA
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby formx on Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:11 am

Kevin wrote:Where are you relocating and why?

Best regards,
CIA

My guess is either Surrey, BC or Uganda

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby NovU on Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:02 pm

:lol: I am amazed. You are right, formx. Looks like I will be moving to your sweet little hometown where your name was Jack.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby formx on Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:26 pm

NovU wrote::lol: I am amazed. You are right, formx. Looks like I will be moving to your sweet little hometown where your name was Jack.

formx

Postby mp3 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:08 pm

formx wrote:Booked my plane tickets to London. Gonna be there from the 23rd of March to the 5th of April. Bought Manchester United tickets to the game against Everton on the 3rd of April. As a Manchester United supporter it is one of my dreams to see a game at Old Trafford. That would be pretty exciting.

Hope you like rain!

If your in the Manchester area check out the Traffic Center Mall which is pretty sweet
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby formx on Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:16 pm

mp3 wrote:
formx wrote:Booked my plane tickets to London. Gonna be there from the 23rd of March to the 5th of April. Bought Manchester United tickets to the game against Everton on the 3rd of April. As a Manchester United supporter it is one of my dreams to see a game at Old Trafford. That would be pretty exciting.

Hope you like rain!

If your in the Manchester area check out the Traffic Center Mall which is pretty sweet

I live in a city with a lot of rain usually. I'm used to it lol.

Also I'm only going to be in Manchester for the game so I won't have time to explore around. :(

formx

Postby Kevin on Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:39 pm

Dear Live,

After 3 months of vacation and traveling, I'm finally home. We spent most of our trip in Brighton - it was awesome. A guy proposed to his girl 10ft from me and my girlfriend at the beach. Girlfriend thought it was cute, I thought it was cringy. 10 awkward seconds later and the guy got rejected. Wow. I may actually be scarred for life now. What if that shit happens to me? In front of 20/30 people snapping pictures of us? Holy shit.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:51 pm

Ouch. Well, at least you had a good vacation!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:01 pm

Yeah. Back to me shitposting everyday, I guess. :lol:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Stress Fracture on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:18 am

That is why I think marriage proposals should be done in private. If you get rejected, at least only you can feel the pain.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:25 am

And if you are going to propose in public, make absolutely sure that your partner is 1) likely to say yes - as in, you've discussed marriage seriously, and are both on the same page in that regard - and 2) a public proposal is something that they'd actually be happy about.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:44 am

Andrew wrote:And if you are going to propose in public, make absolutely sure that your partner is 1) likely to say yes - as in, you've discussed marriage seriously, and are both on the same page in that regard - and 2) a public proposal is something that they'd actually be happy about.

You can generally assure yourself a 'Yes' if your partner has gotten into the passive (sometimes not so passive) aggressive stage of mentioning that she thought she'd be married by now, that she isn't getting any younger, that all her friends are getting married, so on and so forth. Good indicators there. Not that I'd know from experience. :shock: :lol:
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:27 pm

Subtle hints. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby formx on Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:21 am

I hope you make the nba my friend

formx

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:43 am

Hope to hear about you on the Serbian national team some day!
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic