Dear LiveJournal,

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Dear LiveJournal,

Postby bigh0rt on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:26 am

Kevin wrote:Finally got over my ex which is now my best friend.

Don't wanna play spoil sport herr, but there's close to a 0% chance this ultimately works out well. I wish you best of luck, though.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby zzcoolj21 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:03 pm

Kevin wrote:Finally got over my ex which is now my best friend.

zzcoolj21
Kyrie Truther aka The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby iamSamke on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:18 am

Long time since I last here. My grades are great. In Serbia we have grades from 1-5 (1=F...5=A). For now, I have all 5, except chemestry.
My master teacher isn't so bad as I thought she is. She always high five's to me whenever we see each other in hallway :D.
Last weekend we had math competition and I did very good. I'm currently in TOP 20 in U16 category in my country and in early September we had physics competition which I also did amazing, and I am in TOP 30! Nerd alert :lol:
Last edited by iamSamke on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
iamSamke

Postby Stress Fracture on Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:09 am

iamSamke wrote:Long time since I last posted here.
My primary school crush is also going to my school and funny thing is thst she is now my best friend (well, at least according to Snapchat :lol: ). My grades are great. In Serbia we have grades from 1-5 (1=F...5=A). For now, I have all 5, except chemestry.
My master teacher isn't so bad as I thought she is. She always high five's to me whenever we see each other in hallway :D.
Last weekend we had math competition and I did very good. I'm currently in TOP 20 in U16 category in my country and in early September we had physics competition which I also did amazing, and I am in TOP 30! Nerd alert :lol:

Are you asian? :lol:
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture
In James I Trust

Postby mp3 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:11 pm

It does sound like a chapter from Jeremy Lin's book but I think being book smart and an athlete is the new thing now which is cool.

Not like my day in school when you were either a nerd or a jock.There was no in between.
mp3

Postby NovU on Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:39 am

My desktop's been getting blue screen of death. I am afraid I lost my hard disks. :shake:
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby NovU on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:44 am

As suspected, my main hard disk is looking like a toast.

I re-installed fresh windows 8.1 on a second hard disk but for some reason, it looks like my main Hard Disk became RAW with no File System defined. How can I recover data?
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Pdub on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:54 am

The same thing happened to me. I forget the program that saved my data off hand, but when I get a chance to find it I will let you know.

FYI, it takes a little trial and error and you need another disk you can dump the data to in many cases, especially if the drive had been failing. Some cases just allow you to repair the the master file table. In my case, files were recoverable, but the drive was no longer usable. I'll get back to you.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:55 am

If you can access the drive via another Windows installation (ie booting from another hard drive, or using a SATA to USB hub on another PC), you can trying repairing the MFT with programs such as Partition Doctor, and recovering the files with something like EaseUs Data Recovery Wizard. As Pat said, you may not be able to get the drive itself back up and running, but you might at least be able to recover a good chunk of your data.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
That's a bad luck number.
Administrator

Postby NovU on Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:24 am

I appreciate the advice.

Pdub, yeah I am just looking to retrieve work files, couldn't careless about physical hard disk at this point.

Andrew, I will go ahead and try that. I will let you know how it fares.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby iamSamke on Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:01 am

Second semester starts tomorow, wish me good luck..
Oh NovU good luck to you too :D
iamSamke

Postby mp3 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:27 pm

Goodluck Serbian Jeremy Lin (:-))
mp3

Postby Pdub on Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:21 am

NovU wrote:I appreciate the advice.

Pdub, yeah I am just looking to retrieve work files, couldn't careless about physical hard disk at this point.

Andrew, I will go ahead and try that. I will let you know how it fares.

I totally zoned on this. I tried plenty of programs and none of them were able to recover the files the way I needed. Testdisk is quite a powerful command-line tool that you can find here.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

The process can be really slow. I swear it took a couple of days, but it will recover everything recoverable. Just make sure you have enough space on another drive.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:57 am

I'll have to check that out, add it to my toolkit.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby iamSamke on Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:39 pm

For now everything seems great. Got A on my English test today (93% of points). Next week I have 4 tests. I feel prepared.
NovU did you fix your problem?
iamSamke

Postby formx on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:01 am

Booked my plane tickets to London. Gonna be there from the 23rd of March to the 5th of April. Bought Manchester United tickets to the game against Everton on the 3rd of April. As a Manchester United supporter it is one of my dreams to see a game at Old Trafford. That would be pretty exciting.

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby NovU on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:33 pm

iamSamke wrote:NovU did you fix your problem?

Not yet. :oops:

I've been occupied by another life problem lately hence no posts from me these days. Basically relocating to another city. Last couple week's been pretty much hell with so much stress. I will come back to the forum asap, miss yall. Just don't do anything I wouldn't do while I am gone and wreck this place.

formx, I think you chose the wrong game to attend. My prediction for the game is 3 nil for the Everton. Have fun there though. :wink:
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Kevin on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:07 pm

Where are you relocating and why?

Best regards,
CIA
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby formx on Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:11 am

Kevin wrote:Where are you relocating and why?

Best regards,
CIA

My guess is either Surrey, BC or Uganda

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby NovU on Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:02 pm

:lol: I am amazed. You are right, formx. Looks like I will be moving to your sweet little hometown where your name was Jack.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby formx on Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:26 pm

NovU wrote::lol: I am amazed. You are right, formx. Looks like I will be moving to your sweet little hometown where your name was Jack.

formx

Postby mp3 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:08 pm

formx wrote:Booked my plane tickets to London. Gonna be there from the 23rd of March to the 5th of April. Bought Manchester United tickets to the game against Everton on the 3rd of April. As a Manchester United supporter it is one of my dreams to see a game at Old Trafford. That would be pretty exciting.

Hope you like rain!

If your in the Manchester area check out the Traffic Center Mall which is pretty sweet
mp3

Postby formx on Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:16 pm

mp3 wrote:
formx wrote:Booked my plane tickets to London. Gonna be there from the 23rd of March to the 5th of April. Bought Manchester United tickets to the game against Everton on the 3rd of April. As a Manchester United supporter it is one of my dreams to see a game at Old Trafford. That would be pretty exciting.

Hope you like rain!

If your in the Manchester area check out the Traffic Center Mall which is pretty sweet

I live in a city with a lot of rain usually. I'm used to it lol.

Also I'm only going to be in Manchester for the game so I won't have time to explore around. :(

formx

Postby iamSamke on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:57 am

I didn't made school basketball team (1 team for all grades, 10 guys). I still think I'm better than some guys who are on team, but coach selected team...
Last edited by iamSamke on Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
iamSamke

Postby iamSamke on Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:04 pm

Today is the last day of my freshman year, which turned out perfectly fine, because of the hard work in last 2 months.
iamSamke

Postby Kevin on Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:39 pm

Dear Live,

After 3 months of vacation and traveling, I'm finally home. We spent most of our trip in Brighton - it was awesome. A guy proposed to his girl 10ft from me and my girlfriend at the beach. Girlfriend thought it was cute, I thought it was cringy. 10 awkward seconds later and the guy got rejected. Wow. I may actually be scarred for life now. What if that shit happens to me? In front of 20/30 people snapping pictures of us? Holy shit.
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:51 pm

Ouch. Well, at least you had a good vacation!

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:01 pm

Yeah. Back to me shitposting everyday, I guess. :lol:
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Stress Fracture on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:18 am

That is why I think marriage proposals should be done in private. If you get rejected, at least only you can feel the pain.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture
In James I Trust

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:25 am

And if you are going to propose in public, make absolutely sure that your partner is 1) likely to say yes - as in, you've discussed marriage seriously, and are both on the same page in that regard - and 2) a public proposal is something that they'd actually be happy about.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:44 am

Andrew wrote:And if you are going to propose in public, make absolutely sure that your partner is 1) likely to say yes - as in, you've discussed marriage seriously, and are both on the same page in that regard - and 2) a public proposal is something that they'd actually be happy about.

You can generally assure yourself a 'Yes' if your partner has gotten into the passive (sometimes not so passive) aggressive stage of mentioning that she thought she'd be married by now, that she isn't getting any younger, that all her friends are getting married, so on and so forth. Good indicators there. Not that I'd know from experience. :shock: :lol:
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:27 pm

Subtle hints. :lol:

Andrew
Administrator

Postby iamSamke on Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:11 am

Sophomore year starts tomorrow. Man, time flies... It feels like yesterday I wrote this

iamSamke wrote:First day of high school tomorrow.
Don't know if I should be excited or sad cause vacation is over
iamSamke

Postby formx on Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:21 am

I hope you make the nba my friend

formx

Postby Pdub on Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:43 am

Hope to hear about you on the Serbian national team some day!
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby NovU on Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:17 pm

Shit, I bought a phone off the Internet and it got blacklisted. Damn Surreyans. :oops:

Anyone have idea how to unblacklist Samsung S6 Edge?
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Stress Fracture on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:03 pm

How did your phone became blacklisted?

Stress Fracture
In James I Trust

Postby mp3 on Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:29 am

So my life changed quite a bit this weekend.

My little Daughter, born Saturday morning.

She came 10 days early just in time for Christmas, it's funny because me and my wife had planned to get up early Saturday morning to head out to get the Christmas presents sorted but instead we were woken up at 4am by active labour and on our way to the hospital.

If it had of happened just a few hours later when we were in the middle of Chester shopping we would of being right in Destination Fucked as my wife was 9cms dilated on arrival.

So far iam loving being a father and can't imagine life without here now, also I've heard many people complain about the night feeds and being up for hours at night but iam am an nba fan living in England so the games start around midnight which means iam watching plenty of Live games on League Pass lol
mp3

Postby JaoSming on Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:31 am

Congrats man!
Opinions are my own.
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ozxhwwmz4LJzpGAj22T5qa0ZVFBJ3yw

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:57 am

Congrats again!

Andrew
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:58 am

Cheers guys !
mp3

Postby bigh0rt on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:03 pm

Congrats on the sex.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:26 am

Lol thank man
mp3

Postby iamSamke on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:59 am

Since I love this thread, I'm back.

So, what happened to me since September? I had girlfriend, first one. We broke up after few months. I'm still doing great at school, which is important. I quit basketball, it's a long story. I was away from NLSC for a long time, because I was working on my patch for NBA 2K14, if anyone is interested you can check it out here http://www.pes-serbia.com/threads/38121 ... 2K17-Patch. More than 20K people downloaded it in less than one month which is huge success for me, since not many people here play 2K games and it's not NBA based mod, but Adriatic (region in Europe) league one.

Kinda missed it here. People on Pes-Serbia (that's like Serbian NLSC) are not so gentle and nice like you guys, that's what brought me back here. How are y'all doing? Few days ago, I thought of Corymach7, I don't know if you guys still remember him lol. Is there any chance he gets 'unbanned'? I really really really miss his non-senses and coach stories.

PS Is Kevin still around?
iamSamke

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:59 am

Just found this section.

Interesting, It's nice to see many of you talking about life outside of video games. This thread doesn't seem to be that active, but here goes. A little about me.

I live in New Hampshire, about an hour outside of Boston, Mass. I've lived in this area my whole life, and have been a basketball fan (with Celtics as my home team) since late 80's, early 90's. I'm 32 now, but am currently playing in 3 basketball leagues at the moment. I played all throughout high school, and immediately jumped into local leagues after, and have been doing that ever since. However, all year round leagues for that long takes a toll on the body, and I've been fighting right knee and lower back issues. I can't stop playing, because that's my escape. Nothing better than being in the middle of a game, in the zone, working together with a team towards a common goal.

I had a rough childhood, an abusive one. Myself and my two brothers were lucky to get out, we had to go to the police when I was 16. My brothers and I are really close in age (Nick is 33, Mark is 34), because of everything we went through we are REALLY close. My brothers are everything to me. Every weekend we all get together and sit in front of the TV and play NBA 2K. We have a current setup of two computers in my living room hooked up HDMI to two 50 inch TV's, its a great setup and a lot of fun. NBA 2K (NBA Basketball video games in general) is a huge escape for us, so many memories created through it (Huge games by guys like Walter McCarty and Dan Dickau in past live games, Etan Thomas dunking so hard in NBA 2K11 that the game never turned back on, it literally broke the game). The NBA is about 95% what my brothers and I talk about and experience, its a major bonding thing for us. So if you guys see me griping about poor gameplay, and see me getting passionate about it, you know why... it's because playing these games is a huge bonding experience with my two brothers.

Not one of us have spoken with our parents in over 10 years, and that will never change. Just because someone is related in blood, does not mean they get a free pass or special forgiveness, they do not. There is no turning back on what happened to us as children, we will never get our childhood back, our parents are scum and have never changed.

I never went to college, I was so lost growing up with all the stress that a childhood like that has, that I never made it a priority. However, I have a good job, and am a hard worker. I worked my way up in life via experience as opposed to a degree, and I am certainly proud of that. My work ethic will not change.

I look at life differently than most people around me, I think CNN/Fox News/MSNBC etc (Mainstream Media) is a joke. It's all force feeding idea's into people heads, its lies, it intentionally causes a divide. The fact that people fall into the trap and think this is "News", and actually form beliefs off of it, is very concerning. Outside of my basketball time, I spend a good amount of time doing independent research on the world we live in. I consider the "News" to be completely toxic, and it creates warped minds and hate.

I currently am in and out of a relationship that's been going on for about 5 years, this girl is the greatest, but for some reason I can't fully commit to it long term. I need to get my head out of my ass and do the right thing.

This is me shooting around YEARS ago with my best friend Craig. I'm a scorer in mens leagues, and alternate between PG and SG. I'm 6'2", so I am a good height for it.

phpBB [video]

Personally, I love REAL people. People who look at things realistically. People who are genuine. I know everybody says that, but I make sure that those are the ONLY people I surround myself with.

In regards to the future, I plan on continuing to play basketball in leagues for as long as I can, I plan on getting my health in tip top shape. Diet is a problem, as we as a society are quite addicted to processed foods, mostly because they are the most accessible. My plan is to get off the processed foods, get back in the gym, and get to optimum health.

I hope this post didn't bore anybody, this is a cool thread.

Cheers.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby iamSamke on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:33 am

As I said, I love this thread and I hope it becomes alive again. Interesting story Dee. I always found you as a great guy on forum, always ready to help to everyone and contribute to community, so this post was actually really interesting to me. Sad to hear you're not in touch with your parents, because mine parents are huge support for me. I found really entertaining to hear anything about someones life. Not really sure what to say, since English is not my native language, all of my posts are short. I'm still just a 16 and a half year old kid. :)
iamSamke

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:38 am

iamSamke wrote:As I said, I love this thread and I hope it becomes alive again. Interesting story Dee. I always found you as a great guy on forum, always ready to help to everyone and contribute to community, so this post was actually really interesting to me. Sad to hear you're not in touch with your parents, because mine parents are huge support for me. I found really entertaining to hear anything about someones life. Not really sure what to say, since English is not my native language, all of my posts are short. I'm still just a 16 and a half year old kid. :)

Don't be sad for me in that regard, this is my choice. However, I am really glad that your parents are so good to you in your life, that's the way it should be. Make sure to take in every moment that you have with them, and enjoy it.

I like being helpful on here, because I have a lot of NBA Video Game experience, and consider myself knowledgeable about the game. I mean, basketball has been an obsession of mine for over 25 years.

I like this community as a whole. Glad to share some stuff about myself.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:42 am

Sorry to hear about those rough times growing up, Dee. It's good to know that you and your brothers had each other though, and that you've come through it as well as anyone can. More power. (Y)

iamSamke, I'm afraid to say there'll be no unbanning.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Stress Fracture on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:57 pm

iamSamke wrote:

I guess school happened to him. He's even inactive in the fantasy league.

Stress Fracture
In James I Trust

Postby iamSamke on Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:31 am

Stress Fracture wrote:
iamSamke wrote:

I guess school happened to him. He's even inactive in the fantasy league.

I thought of him last time I posted here. I really miss 2K15 days, aka my first year on NLSC. He and TBM were the most active ones on 2K15 threads, so I was just wondering what happened to him, because I see TBM is still on the modding scene.

Andrew wrote:iamSamke, I'm afraid to say there'll be no unbanning.

Sad to hear that, but rules are rules and they need to be followed.
iamSamke

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic