Dear LiveJournal,

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Dear LiveJournal,

Postby The X on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:05 pm

hova, you already know what you need to do for yourself before you posted your original message, but I guess you're just looking for a sounding board.

Don't worry about being seen as the nice guy or the classy guy in how you handle it. Trust me when I say it, it doesn't matter how you handle it, you will be the bad guy. That's just the way it is. Don't worry about it though. Stay true to yourself.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:37 am

I doubt I will have the chance for break up sex as I probably won't see her when she's there: the reason is - I told her via skype today that I want to end our relationship.

As expected she started to cry and told me that she still saw chances for us and that she did not want all that and he put her under pressure etc. Those of you who have experienced such things know that it is very hard to really say it's over when she's sitting there crying and promising her best.

Well, actually I did it, but it was really really tough. She said, she has to accept that now, but I think the only reason was that she was so sad and did not want to see me in that moment so she wanted to skip the call.

Two minutes after skyping she wrote me via facebook that she did not want all that happen and that she is so hurt that I don't see anymore chances and that she regrets everything and so on.

It's really bad for me now. I know she's all by herself in Paris right now and has nobody to speak about it (except skyping) and nobody who could distract her. So I see her sitting in her apartment crying and that's really really bad for me now.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Axel The Great on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:35 am

Real sorry to hear about your situation hova-. To me, it appears as if she now wants you to feel bad so you feel compelled to give her a second chance. Don't fall into this trap. I believe you are doing what's right for yourself in ending the relationship. It's best to move on.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby hova- on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:46 am

Axel. wrote:Real sorry to hear about your situation hova-. To me, it appears as if she now wants you to feel bad so you feel compelled to give her a second chance. Don't fall into this trap. I believe you are doing what's right for yourself in ending the relationship. It's best to move on.

I don't know ... you know, I won't fall in any trap, but the way some of you guys are speaking of her sounds like she is calculating her actions and has some kind of plans of how to handle this situation. But I know her very very well and that'S not her. Her problem is that she is pretty much led by her feelings and does not really "plan" anything or really reflect what she is doing.

This is the reason for the whole situation. When she says she wants me ... then that's true, I know that. But she cannot stay away from him because she also has feelings for him. That's the biggest problem. She's so emotional (and has always been) but she is just not thinking about what she is doing.

She's really making me feel bad but not on purpose but just because she's so sad now. I try my best to stay away from anything though. It does not make any sense. I know that.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:57 am

hova- wrote: I know her very very well and that'S not her. Her problem is that she is pretty much led by her feelings and does not really "plan" anything or really reflect what she is doing.

This is the reason for the whole situation. When she says she wants me ... then that's true, I know that. But she cannot stay away from him because she also has feelings for him. That's the biggest problem. She's so emotional (and has always been) but she is just not thinking about what she is doing.

The more reason that she could accidentally cheat again in the future if you guys somehow get back together, so don't.
"Don't make yourself a doormat."
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Houndy on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:05 am

Like the Grinch said, don't be used.
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:40 am

Well it's not really being 'used'.
As hova- said that's the girl's personality, she's emotional and doesn't really think things through.
My previous point was that it can and will happen again even if she didn't really intended/planned to cheat on hova- the first time because that's what she is based on her personality.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:48 am

hova- wrote:It's really bad for me now. I know she's all by herself in Paris right now and has nobody to speak about it (except skyping) and nobody who could distract her. So I see her sitting in her apartment crying and that's really really bad for me now.

Don't feel bad, you did what needed to be done and to be blunt, she brought it upon herself. I get where you're coming from of course, you don't want to be a callous dick about the whole matter and fair enough, there's no need to be that guy. But she was the one who wasn't on the level, messed you around and damaged the relationship. You ended things because that was the right thing for you given what's happened; you shouldn't feel guilty for that or the fact that she's unhappy, because you're unhappy too and that's her doing. Easy for me to say, I know.

Like Oz said though, spend time with your friends. Enjoy your hobbies, get past the hurt and let yourself put it all in perspective so that when someone new comes along, you're not carrying around any hurt or bitterness. Keep your head up. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Oznogrd on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:38 am

so this post has 2 reasons.

1. To make fun of shadowgrin. Why? Because my stomach is singing Oh My Dayum today as I had a celebratory double cheeseburger from Five Guys for lunch. You wish you could experience the enlightenment. I was going to post pics but got too excited and ate the damn thing and forgot. So all i have to say Shadow is Sckimma rinky dink, skrimma dinky doo, I...Love...you...and thats to my burger not you :P

2. I just got offered a job on the spot at interview this morning for a long term substitute teacher in my field. About fucking time something went the way i wanted it to.
Oznogrd
Gummy bears are stupid and delicious!

Postby el badman on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:41 am

Nicely done Oz, congrats (Y)
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:50 am

Oznogrd wrote:1. To make fun of shadowgrin.

DAYUM! DAYUM! DAAAYUM! I wish I could smell what you're smelling.
Be careful, you bite the fry the fry bites back.

Oznogrd wrote:2. I just got offered a job on the spot at interview this morning for a long term substitute teacher in my field. About fucking time something went the way i wanted it to.

This is how bacon is supposed to be. The fries, they blend so perfectly.
Do you wanna know the difference between a weak burger and a burger that has strength?
A weak burger you can chew and still talk. A burger with strength you chew the meat just absorbs all the space and all the air possible all in your throat
to the point that if you wanted to start talkin nothin but mm-mm, mm-mm, mm-mm, mm-mm, mm-mm is comin out. Word.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby formx on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:52 am

Oznogrd wrote:so this post has 2 reasons.

1. To make fun of shadowgrin. Why? Because my stomach is singing Oh My Dayum today as I had a celebratory double cheeseburger from Five Guys for lunch. You wish you could experience the enlightenment. I was going to post pics but got too excited and ate the damn thing and forgot. So all i have to say Shadow is Sckimma rinky dink, skrimma dinky doo, I...Love...you...and thats to my burger not you :P

Question here. Do they even have Five Guys restaurant in Pinoy Land? :lol:

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:25 am

Congrats on the new gig, Oz! (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Houndy on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:46 am

Have a 5k coming up on Saturday. Whew hew
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby el badman on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:34 pm

It looks like I'm getting promoted to manager, which they will make official on Monday. I'll be on salary, so good bye OT money, and my days will be even longer than they are already are, but hopefully it'll be worth it.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Oznogrd on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:06 pm

el badman wrote:It looks like I'm getting promoted to manager, which they will make official on Monday. I'll be on salary, so good bye OT money, and my days will be even longer than they are already are, but hopefully it'll be worth it.

Good luck Mr. Manager

/obscurearresteddevelopmentreference
Oznogrd
Gummy bears are stupid and delicious!

Postby benji on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:08 pm

Well, manager, we just say manager.
benji

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:33 pm

Congrats, EB! (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:33 pm

So that 3D display did what I thought it would and die a couple weeks ago. Called up Sony, who was awesome, and they sent out a coffin for it to be fixed/replaced and sent back to me in a week.

Got the box the other day, and for hahas plugged it back in before sending it out. Sure enough, it worked. I left it on for 12 hours, no problems. 3D works fine, HD works fine, as if nothing happened.

Figure I'll hold on to the box just in case, because these things do have a fun failure rate.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:13 am

The refurbished ones might work better. Especially if they have a history of breaking, sony might know the problem and have fixed units ready to go.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:06 am

yep, which is the hope of getting it fixed...but the guy on the phone specifically said they test what I send them first, so if it showed up working then I'd just get it returned back to me without anything done to it.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lean on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:57 am

Posting from my phone.

My PC died last week: Motherboard, power supply, primary hard disk giving up among others -- taking all my PSD's, important documents, and patching stuff. :( Heck even my thesis from my engineering days were gone. Even my students' grades, too.

I'll try to recover the files from the primary disk. :(
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:17 am

this is why I never post in these threads, its not about being outshined, it makes me feel like a twat in comparison

sorry to hear it buddy
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:48 am

Didn't that happen just a few months ago?
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lean on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:16 am

It did but was revived and lasted for one more month before finally giving up. Should have made back-ups then. :(
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic