Generic TV Thread

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Generic TV Thread

Postby el badman on Fri May 10, 2013 9:42 am

benji wrote:Whitney cancelled (Y) (Y)

Final-fucking-ly, whatever possessed NBC to run this shit in the first place...
And hooray for Parks and Rec' obviously.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby benji on Fri May 10, 2013 10:46 am

Apparently FOX might bring back 24.

And next season might be the last for at least Amy Poehler on Parks.
benji

Postby benji on Sat May 11, 2013 7:37 am

Go On cancelled. (N) (N) (N)

Community renewed.

Rock Center cancelled.

Southland cancelled.
benji

Postby [Q] on Sat May 11, 2013 8:10 am

benji wrote:Community renewed.

nice. no chevy chase though, right? is there a link to the news?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Leftos on Sat May 11, 2013 8:19 am

Go On was cancelled? Dammit.

And if it is Poehler's last season on Parks, I wish they tie it nicely and end it. Didn't enjoy The Office after Carell left, didn't enjoy 2&1/2M after Sheen left.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby benji on Sat May 11, 2013 8:40 am

No link yet, twitters and leaks, pretty likely no Chevy since he bailed before this season was even finished.

Go On is more expensive, its ratings were collapsing with every episode and Community is close to syndication numbers so that may be why the decision on those two.

Also Burn Notice will officially be ending after this season (this was expected almost a year ago when they announced a seventh season, but it's now official) and Nix will make a new show for USA to replace it.

Hell's Kitchen and MasterChef renewed along with announcement of JUNIOR MasterChef.
benji

Postby Leftos on Sat May 11, 2013 8:48 am

We had Junior MasterChef in Greece, I think it was last year. I would've thought something like this would have been done first in the States and then brought here. At first I felt it would be completely distasteful and embarrassing, applying the same over-dramatism to children, but no. It was a more relaxed, fun, cute version of MasterChef. I liked it, to be honest. Usually I don't like children to touch reality shows with a 10-foot pole, but I didn't mind that one.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby shadowgrin on Sat May 11, 2013 11:22 am

benji wrote:Also Burn Notice will officially be ending after this season (this was expected almost a year ago when they announced a seventh season, but it's now official)

phpBB [video]

Leftos wrote:We had Junior MasterChef in Greece, I think it was last year. I would've thought something like this would have been done first in the States and then brought here. At first I felt it would be completely distasteful and embarrassing, applying the same over-dramatism to children, but no. It was a more relaxed, fun, cute version of MasterChef. I liked it, to be honest. Usually I don't like children to touch reality shows with a 10-foot pole, but I didn't mind that one.

I wish the same can be said of the show's version in here. No drama but what a way to psychologically scar the children for life by saying they aren't good enough to advance to the next round even though they can cook better than most grown-ups or the judges for that matter (based on their reaction of what the kids cooked).
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby benji on Sat May 11, 2013 11:35 am

Suburgatory renewed (Y)

The Middle renewed (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)

Modern Family renewed

Happy Endings cancelled

CBS passed on Beverly Hills Cop

ABC picked up the S.H.I.E.L.D. series from Joss Whedon
benji

Postby Leftos on Sat May 11, 2013 6:49 pm

shadowgrin, yeah, I get that about elimination. Still, it's not like the children won't sign up for any other contest near that age, and it's not like they aren't going to be eliminated from some of them. With that said, the difference is that in this case there's millions(?) watching, so the embarrassment can be orders of magnitude higher. I had forgotten about that, and that's one of the reasons I'm generally against children participating in those kinds of shows.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sun May 12, 2013 1:08 pm

shadowgrin wrote:I wish the same can be said of the show's version in here. No drama but what a way to psychologically scar the children for life by saying they aren't good enough to advance to the next round even though they can cook better than most grown-ups or the judges for that matter (based on their reaction of what the kids cooked).

But some kids are like so cool. I don't understand how. After getting eliminated they are like "okay", fucking zen. While the parents are crying like hell.

benji wrote:ABC picked up the S.H.I.E.L.D. series from Joss Whedon

Great. Looking very much forward to this. "Firefly" is still on the best sci-fi in my book. So, with a theme like this, expectations are high. Though, I didn't like the Avengers. Nick Fury in the helicarrier. :cool:

Leftos wrote:With that said, the difference is that in this case there's millions(?) watching, so the embarrassment can be orders of magnitude higher. I had forgotten about that, and that's one of the reasons I'm generally against children participating in those kinds of shows.

I wouldn't say embarrassed man, these kids become like really popular in their schools and stuff but even if, these kids know what they are getting aboard on. If they win the competition, it's pretty close to a life-maker.

BTW, any of you guys watched [Orphan Black]? Pretty dope. And if you liked the Bourne trilogy, you will like this a lot.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby shadowgrin on Sun May 12, 2013 3:15 pm

SoF'nAwesome wrote:But some kids are like so cool. I don't understand how. After getting eliminated they are like "okay", fucking zen. While the parents are crying like hell.

Because they are kids. They would rather play a different game than play cook if it's not fun anymore.
Just because they didn't show emotion doesn't mean it's nothing.
They could also could care less about it. Because, kids.
They could alo have no idea what just happened. Because, kids.

I wouldn't say embarrassed man, these kids become like really popular in their schools and stuff but even if, these kids know what they are getting aboard on. If they win the competition, it's pretty close to life-maker.

No they don't, mostly. If they are then the approval of their parents/guardians wouldn't have been needed.
lol life-maker. There's a lot that can happen between being a kid and being an adult.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Mon May 13, 2013 4:21 am

shadowgrin wrote:Because they are kids. They would rather play a different game than play cook if it's not fun anymore.
Just because they didn't show emotion doesn't mean it's nothing.
They could also could care less about it. Because, kids.
They could alo have no idea what just happened. Because, kids.

I think you are underrating the whole "kids" thing. They are not that small to understand what's happening.

No they don't, mostly. If they are then the approval of their parents/guardians wouldn't have been needed.
lol life-maker. There's a lot that can happen between being a kid and being an adult.

Yes, in some cases they are forced by guardians but that's not the deal for every kid. Some do it for the thrill, some for fun. Ya man, a lot can happen sure but right about that age, it's the best that can happen to that kid.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby shadowgrin on Mon May 13, 2013 12:39 pm

SoF'nAwesome wrote:I think you are underrating the whole "kids" thing. They are not that small to understand what's happening.

Because I would rather want kids to enjoy being kids instead of being made into a mini adult.

SoF'nAwesome wrote:Yes, in some cases they are forced by guardians but that's not the deal for every kid.
shadowgrin wrote:No they don't, mostly

mostly != every
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby [Q] on Tue May 14, 2013 2:44 pm

lol himym fans just got spoiler'd by their official facebook page. glad i watched it live for the first time today instead of waiting for it to dvr. luckily halftime of okc/memphis happened around 8.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Wed May 15, 2013 6:02 pm

Hannibal still on the bubble. Most likely to get renewed.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/0 ... ed/182190/
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby jenz on Thu May 16, 2013 11:20 am

I've only watched the first two episodes of Hannibal. Are the succeeding episodes better or am I better off not watching it?
jenz
Too cool for a custom title.

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Fri May 17, 2013 4:14 am

jenz wrote:I've only watched the first two episodes of Hannibal. Are the succeeding episodes better or am I better off not watching it?

Well, I've watched all the episodes that have aired. I liked the pilot best. 2nd would be the 4th episode that didn't air fully on U.S.A. But I would recommend you waiting a bit before you get hooked 'cause there are still chances that this show might get canceled.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby jenz on Fri May 17, 2013 10:29 am

Ok, thanks. I also liked the pilot, Dr. Lecter is well-portrayed.
jenz
Too cool for a custom title.

Postby benji on Fri May 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Here's a few of the upcoming shows next season I've found noteworthy for one reason or another:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

More to come... (and might just link them instead of embed)
benji

Postby benji on Fri May 17, 2013 9:02 pm

This looks nowhere near as bad as I expected it to be and possibly even quite good:
phpBB [video]
benji

Postby shadowgrin on Fri May 17, 2013 9:06 pm

^ The show might have a shaky start.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby J@3 on Sat May 18, 2013 11:26 pm

benji wrote:This looks nowhere near as bad as I expected it to be and possibly even quite good:
phpBB [video]

Wow, that was kinda hilarious. Though I could watch him sitting there holding a cup of water for half an hour and still get some weird enjoyment out of it, followed by sadness. Still, this looks cool.
J@3

Postby J@3 on Sat May 18, 2013 11:44 pm

The Blacklist looks good aside from giving away the entire (what I'm assuming) pilot in their trailer from start to finish. Dads and Sean Saves The World gave me super AIDS
J@3

Postby [Q] on Sun May 19, 2013 1:34 am

i saw the trailer for Dads and it was atrocious. that gets cancelled after 4 episodes if it even gets picked up
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic