Online Series (AVGN, Nostalgia Critic, web comics etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Online Series (AVGN, Nostalgia Critic, web comics etc)

Postby deihatein on Thu May 29, 2014 2:45 am

NEW NERDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

phpBB [video]
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Andrew on Thu May 29, 2014 11:23 am

Good episode for the 10th anniversary, and a nice teaser for the movie.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
That's a bad luck number.
Administrator

Postby Lean on Thu May 29, 2014 11:38 am

Seems like he's teasing the movie more and more. I still like the Big Rigs episode.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby deihatein on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:00 am

shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:48 am

Awesome. (Y) Huge accomplishment for James, great to see.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:41 am

phpBB [video]

Andrew
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:03 am

phpBB [video]

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby deihatein on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:36 am

phpBB [video]

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:44 am

It's great to hear that the movie has been doing well. Forget the haters who sneer at the fact he dared to use crowdsourcing; it's awesome than he was able to realise his dream of releasing a feature film.

phpBB [video]

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:11 pm

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:08 pm

I've mentioned Phelous before, but I've really been enjoying his recent stuff. His two-part reviews of Good Times' Beauty and the Beast (which came out one year after the Disney version) and Lion and the King are hilarious:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol ... ast-part-1
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol ... ast-part-2
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol ... ing-part-1
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol ... ing-part-2

Andrew
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:03 pm

AVGN the movie i think is available online

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:11 pm

It is, through Vimeo.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:44 pm

I hope James will upload it to Youtube if the Vimeo thing comes profitable or something

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:53 pm

I'm not sure whether I'll rent or buy digital, or just pick up the DVD when that's available.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:40 pm

Two new episodes of AVGN: one from the movie (obligatory spoiler warning), and a new regular episode.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:00 pm

There's a bunch of new AVGN episodes - 12 to be precise - making up this year's Christmas special. In total it's about an hour or so worth of content, but the shorter episodes have a very old school feel to them.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:51 pm

AVGN: The Movie is now available on Youtube but you have to rent or purchase it. UGHHHH

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:56 am

Fair enough, in my opinion. The price is fairly reasonable, though I still think I'll pick up the DVD instead.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:31 am

I ended up getting the AVGN movie from GOG, watched it last night. I liked it well enough, it maybe could've been a little shorter, but I did enjoy it and it was cool to see the finished product. The Nostalgia Critic review of it was amusing, too.

Speaking of AVGN, new episode:

phpBB [video]

And speaking of The Critic and The Nerd, they've done a crossover review of TMNT 2014 that's coming out next week.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:03 am

NEW BOARD JAMES!!

phpBB [video]

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:10 am

Critic & Nerd crossover review of TMNT 2014: http://channelawesome.com/nostalgia-cri ... tmnt-2014/

Love the intro.

phpBB [video]

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu May 14, 2015 2:15 pm

New AVGN. Let's get dangerous!

phpBB [video]

Once again, a very old school feel to that episode, which I liked. Cracked up at the safe falling on Darkwing, leading to the trademark freakout. That's a cruel trick for a platformer.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:00 pm

New Nerd: http://cinemassacre.com/2015/07/28/avgn ... dreamcast/

Man, that's a disturbing game.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:30 am

phpBB [video]

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:53 pm

Back to the past, indeed.

phpBB [video]

Andrew
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:02 am

phpBB [video]
zzcoolj21
Kyrie Truther aka The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:51 pm

AVGN can suck a bag of dicks, Wrestlemania Challenge was awesome.
Each wrestler had their own movesets even if limited and it even had their own signature moves like Hogan's leg drop, Macho Man's flying elbow, Brutus Beefcake's sleeper hold, Ravishing Rick Rude's rude awakening, and Ultimate Warrior's gorilla press (loved doing that shit against Andre the Giant).
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:55 am

zzcoolj21 wrote:
phpBB [video]

Cool to see him cover those early wrestling games. WWF Royal Rumble on the SNES was enjoyable, but business didn't really pick up until the N64.

Great episode overall. Kind of old school, back to basics in terms of having a few skits, but ultimately focusing on riffing on the games.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Lean on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:21 pm

New AVGN:

phpBB [video]
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Fun idea, especially the way he originally posted it bit by bit.

Andrew
Administrator

Previous

Return to Off-Topic