NFL Talk

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: NFL Talk

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:20 pm

RedPhazon8 wrote:Bears vs. the Colts

Colts gonna get mauled without this guy throwing the ball...
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby [Q] on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:38 pm

Oznogrd wrote:Cannot wait for the season to start. Lets do this!

CAN'T WAIT
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RedPhazon8 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:51 pm

shadowgrin wrote:
RedPhazon8 wrote:Bears vs. the Colts

Colts gonna get mauled without this guy throwing the ball...

I hope the Bears can show a good first impression with their new pieces, gotta prep for that week two game.
RedPhazon8

Postby Dc311 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Yup.Let's do this is right.
I can honestly say that I did not keep up with the movements this off-sesaon.But I am going to pick my games just based on what I have read.

Week 1:

Dallas @ N.Y.Giants---Cowboys
Indiana @ Chicago---Chicago
Jacksonville @ Minnesota---Minnesota
Buffalo @ N.Y.Jets---Buffalo
Miami @ Houston---Houston(YEAH BABY!!!!!)
New England @ Tennessee---New England
St.Louis @ Detroit---Detroit
Washington @ New Orleans---New Orleans
Philadelphia @ Cleveland---Cleveland(Yes I am going out on a limb here.)
Atlanta @ Kansas City---Atlanta
San Francisco @ Green Bay---Green Bay
Seattle @ Arizona---Seattle
Carolina @ Tampa Bay---Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh @ Denver---Denver(Just because the man with a rocket arm is returning.)
Cincinnati @ Baltimore---Baltimore
San Diego @ Oakland---Oakland
Dc311
"F@*K YOU WHALE!!!F@*K YOU DOLPHIN!!!"
Contributor

Postby Oznogrd on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:23 am

Dc311 wrote:Yup.Let's do this is right.
I can honestly say that I did not keep up with the movements this off-sesaon.But I am going to pick my games just based on what I have read.

Bolding my picks

Dallas at NYG-Giants: their pass rush is insane and they dont get enough credit for what they've done in the past few years. Probably the team with the least talent to win 2 SBs
Colts at Bears-I'm going Bears because i just dont see the colts problems being solved. I think they could win 5-6 games but not the 1st week against a pretty talented bears team (brandon marshall with cutler could have the potential for a huge year)
Falcons at Chiefs-as much as i liked some of the chiefs players, the falcons are pretty stacked if we're just talking about winning games and not fantasy points. Falcons should cruise in this one
Eagles at Cleveland-Iggles, because...its fucking cleveland
Redskins at Saints-i know all the turmoil could have a negative effect but until drew brees stops throwing the ball, they're going to be good.
Rams at Lions-Even without RBs the lions are trying to become one of the best teams in the league. Stafford if He's healthy could be a superstar if he stays on the field.
Patriots at Titans-Brady being brady. Gronk being Gronk. New deep threats...Yeah the patriots terrify me this year
Jaguars at Vikings-Probably the game with the least amount of players i want to watch but the Jags only have MJD and he's only playing 3rd down. I expect a vikes win here
Bills at Jets-I think the jets despite the talent are going to be awful this year. I dont care how conservative you're taking it, your offense couldnt score a td in preseason. This is gonna be a bad season for them and Rex could be on a hot seat if it is.
Dolphins at Texans Alot of peoples SB pick is the texans. They're not going to lose to tannehill
Seahawks at Cardinals-poor larry fitzgerald. Going from kurt warner to this has to be brutal. i also really like russel wilson.
49ers at Packers-I trust aaron rodgers more than alex smith. Thats my only reasoning here. Could be phenomenal game
Panthers at Bucs-Call me a homer but i dont think the panthers are as bad as most people think. They can beat the bucs at least.
Steelers at Broncos-i need to see peyton is back to being peyton and john fox isnt going to run the ball 9 plays out of 10 to believe the broncos have a shot
Bengals at Ravens-alot of people picking the ravens for the SB too...I like them alot..they're fun to watch
Chargers at Raiders-As talented as the Raiders are, I trust rivers more than Palmer

Should we do division picks? Im going to do division, SB, and maybe sleepers in each division (defined as team who's not as bad as you think they are)
NFC North
Packers-In Rodgers I trust
Sleeper-Bears...they could be really really good this season if everyone stays on the field...

NFC East
Eagles-they always fluctuate years and DJax is going to try again. Think itll be a close division race but Eagles pull it out now they're not being idiots about the personnel they have and how to use them (nnamdi's back to the outside, mccoys gonna get more touches etc)
Sleeper-Redskins. I'm not sold completely yet but i think they could be better than most people think. Strong D and decent offense if shanahan doesnt go senile and restrict it too much.

NFC South
Saints-I just cant see them losing the division even without Payton. Too Many weapons
Sleeper-Panthers, come on..you knew it was coming...

NFC West
49ers-I dont agree with barnwell on grantland that they're going to be this years big regression team. They have talent, coaching, and an easy division. Shouldnt be hard to win it.
Sleeper-Seahawks. Like i Said earlier i really like Russel Wilson

AFC North
Baltimore-too much talent and they're not falling apart yet like Pitt is
Sleeper-Pitt/Cin tie. I think both of these teams are pretty good and getting written off. I'd write off the bengals before counting out the steelers though

AFC East
Patriots-As long as brady is still playing, they're going to win this division
Sleeper-Bills-Fitzpatrick was playing with broken ribs the second half of the season..Never thought an ivy league would be that tough.

AFC South
Houston-Continuing their winning ways through virtue of an easy division. need to keep schaub and AJ on the field
Sleeper-Colts..i really think Luck is going to help them not be god awful. not win the division good, but definitely not bottom of the barrel like last year.

AFC West (this and the NFC North were the two hardest divisions to pick for me)
Chargers-Sure they'll have another disappointing playoff loss but these guys are still the most consistent team in this division. The raiders are always hurt, chiefs best players are coming back from ACLs and a new coach, and the broncos..we really dont know how peyton's going to do.
Sleeper-Chiefs...really think they have something great going on there that was negated by injuries last year

SB pick: as lame as it is...i think GB's D recovers and no one in the AFC will be able to keep up with the Patriots again...(some stat i heard somewhere about them losing like 5 games in 3 years for both teams, seperately not combined) and ill take the Pack on virtue of more defense than the Pats. So yeah once again: in rodgers i trust.
Oznogrd
Gummy bears are stupid and delicious!

Postby Oznogrd on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:02 pm

and im 0-1! The season has begun!
Oznogrd

Postby RedPhazon8 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:18 pm

Good win by the Cowboys, a nice way to start off the season.
Last edited by RedPhazon8 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedPhazon8

Postby Dc311 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:41 pm

1-0

That is the last time I am going to support a win for the Cowboys.The only reason I supported them tonight was because today would have been my late brothers birthday and he was a big Cowboys fan.But that does not mean I will not pick them again for a win.I just won't support them.
Dc311
Contributor

Postby Oznogrd on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:03 am

7-6 so far...shit lol
Oznogrd

Postby RedPhazon8 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:10 pm

Big win of the night I'd say goes to the Redskins, nice to see the Packers lose too.
RedPhazon8

Postby JaoSming on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:29 am

Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby RedPhazon8 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:46 pm

NBA Styled Reffing meets the NFL... (N)
RedPhazon8

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:17 pm

i remember watching the phantom 4th down PI call for RGIII... that was ridiculous
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dc311 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:51 pm

10-6

Not bad.
Dc311
Contributor

Postby Oznogrd on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:33 am

9-7 this week

Week 2

Chicago at Green Bay-Holy crap this one's hard to pick. The bears revamped offense looked great..but they were playing the colts. The Packers definitely looked vulnerable and no Jennings (he's 50/50 to play). I'm going to Green Bay still but...this one's really really close

Saints at Panthers-Probably my 2 favorite teams in football, but i have to give this to the saints. Im just not sure the Panthers D will be able to hold up.

Chiefs at Bills-Bills looked awful in the opener and the Chiefs showed some things i like despite the blowout loss. I'm going Chiefs here.

Browns at Bengals-Cleveland should have beat philly but that was more due to philly's failure than cleveland playing well. I expect the Bengals to beat up on them

Minnesota at Colts-Minny barely got by the Jags but the other worst teams in the league are probably Cleveland and Indy (I like them still, but they were pretty awful in week 1). AP showed he can still run so im handing this to the Vikes

Oakland at Miami-Miamis best receiver is Reggie Bush. Thats not a good thing.

Arizona at New England-Patriots are still looking like a top 3 team in the NFL. If they have defense, I dont know who will beat them.

Bucs at Giants-Going Giants. Bucs played well but the panthers played awful so i dont think they're quite as good as they looked in week 1. Think the giants offense is stronger and their D will be able to slow down Freeman/Martin

Baltimore at Philly-Ravens looked good Monday. Really good. Philly barely beat cleveland...No brainer

Houston at Jacksonville-Based on week 1, Baltimore Houston and NE are the teams to beat in the AFC. Cant wait to see who comes out on top of those 3. Its gonna be fun. Jacksonville's still awful, barely getting losing to an awful vikings team.

Washington at St Louis-I think this game will be a real moment of truth. Was washington for real (shanahans not as senile as we thought), Was detroit that bad or was STL that good? Im intrigued by this matchup but i think as of right now the Skins have more talent on both sides of the ball.

Dallas at Seattle- Wilson's preseason hype is gone and while i think they'll still be decent, Dallas is always great early in the season in the Romo era. Gonna go with Dallas for now.

Jets at Steelers-Steeler's D has to be better than the Bills last week, no way sanchez plays like that again. Pitt wins.

Titans at Chargers-Unless CJ0k figures out how to run the ball again, my fantasy team is in deep trouble in one league. Although they didnt look great, I still think the chargers can beat the Titans.

Detroit at San Francisco-If SF keeps this up they're going to win the NFC without much challenge. Stafford was shaky against a Rams D with alot less talent than this 49er team.

Denver at Atlanta-Peyton made the Steelers D look vulnerable. Atlanta's is nowhere near that level. Could become a shootout but I think peyton comes out on top.
Oznogrd

Postby [Q] on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Oznogrd wrote:Oakland at Miami-Miamis best receiver is Reggie Bush. Thats not a good thing.

well Miami's D was excellent for the first 28 mins of wk 1. plus tannehill had some bad luck with balls being batted at the line and thomas fumbling the ball. and oakland looked pretty silly on monday (and they're on a short week). they might need a longsnapper
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dc311 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:23 pm

Here are my picks for this week.And since I had no idea that there was going to be a thursday night game,I obviously will not count the Packer/Bears game.Don't thursday night games start later in the season?And for the record,I would have picked Chicago.

The picks are highlighted.

WEEK 2
Kansas City-Buffalo (I have got this gut feeling the Bills will pull this one off.)
New Orleans-Carolina
Cleveland-Cincinnati
Minnesota-Indianapolis
Houston-Jacksonville
Oakland-Miami (This one is a toss up for me,but I'll go with Raider-Nation on this one though.)
Arizona-New England
Tampa Bay-N.Y.Giants
Baltimore-Philadelphia
Dallas-Seattle
Washington-St.Louis (I really want to go with the Redskins on this one.Something is telling me Rams.)
N.Y.Jets-Pittsburgh
Tennessee-San Diego
Detroit-San Francisco (As well as the 49ers played last week,I see the Lions pulling it off somehow.)
Denver-Atlanta (This is another toss up for me.I have to go with my man Peyton here.)
Dc311
Contributor

Postby Oznogrd on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:48 pm

In the past, thursday night games started later in the season but yeah they started week 1 this year for some reason.

So many teams shit the bed this week. (Ravens, Pats, Cowboys) Heard a stat last night that 20 teams are 1-1, 6 2-0, 6 0-2. Thats parity right there.

16-16 overall after this week...ouch lol

Picks for Week 3

NYG at Panthers-The giants have looked vulnerable the first few weeks. If we can keep cam off his back I think we can win this one. The run game got going this week and hopefully will keep it up next week

Chiefs at Saints-You know what teams have looked awful so far? The chiefs and Saints. I think the Saints come out on top though. If they go 0-3 i may stop picking them lol

Rams at Bears-Cutlers o-line was awful against GB but STL is pretty awful themselves. I think the Bears rebound in this one.

Bills at Browns-I dont know if I will ever pick Cleveland to win a game. Probably not.

Bucs at Cowboys-Think the cowboys revealed weaknesses this week and the Bucs will take advantage, Schiano seems to know what he's doing.

Lions at Titans-Cj0k! Kenny Brittle! Jake "LOL WHY WAS I DRAFTED SO HIGH?" Locker!...the titans will go down.

Jaguars at Colts-I think Luck can pull this out against the Jags. But maybe the jags are better than i think. We'll see

NYJ at Dolphins-much like cleveland, im not sure i'll ever pick the dolphins..Oakland must just be god awful.

49ers at Vikings-The 49ers are legit and i expect them to come out and destroy the vikings. Its amazing how quickly teams can go from NFC Championship game to one of the worst in the league.

Bengals at Redskins-Orakpo and Carriker down, so much for RG3 winning the east in his rookie year.

Eagles at Cardinals-The battle of 2-0 teams that dont deserve it!!! Eagles have to cut down on turnovers...Cardinals need to just keep scrapping to stay in the game and have a chance to win. But my brain just won't let me pick Korn on the Kolb

Falcons at Chargers-The chargers are bad this year outside of rivers really. Falcons arent. They scare me this year.

Texans at Broncos-If last night taught us anything, its you cant let up against the peyton led broncos.

Steelers at Raiders-Raiders are awful, Steelers are decent. This would be my lock of the week. But hey last week it would've been pats cardinals.

Patriots at Ravens-home field decided this for me. I think the Ravens intend to prove something this week.

Packers at Seahawks-Until I see reason otherwise, In rodgers i trust.
Oznogrd

Postby [Q] on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:03 am

wtf happened to the cardinals? don't forget Kolb knows all of Philly's secrets!

and i called the Dolphins winning last week. the raiders ARE that terrible.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Oznogrd on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Qballer wrote:wtf happened to the cardinals? don't forget Kolb knows all of Philly's secrets!

Yeah i had no idea they were that bad..good god almighty.

Kolb may know phillys secrets but if they stop turning the ball over, it'll be a blow out
Oznogrd

Postby formx on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:13 pm

Qballer wrote:wtf happened to the cardinals? don't forget Kolb knows all of Philly's secrets!

Kolb sucks and will throw picks. Not saying that Vick won't throw picks though...

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby Dc311 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:10 am

I am going to make my pick for tonights game.I will make my other picks tomorrow.

N.Y. Giants-Carolina
Dc311
Contributor

Postby [Q] on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:16 am

oh shit i forgot there was a game tonight. i think the giants are in trouble. they already had too many injuries in the secondary, i think Nicks is out now too along with one of the o-linemen. Eli's gonna need some David Tyree helmet-catch type luck to win this one.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dc311 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:03 am

I am now 17-15 for the season.I hope for no more surprises this week.

Today's picks.

St.Louis@Chicago

Buffalo@Cleveland

Tampa Bay@Dallas

Jacksonville@Indianapolis

N.Y.Jets@Miami

San Francisco@Minnesota

Kansas City@New Orleans

Detroit@Tennessee

Cincinnati@Washington

Philadelphia@Arizona

Atlanta@San Diego

Houston@Denver

Pittsburgh@Oakland

New England@Baltimore

Monday Night:
Green Bay@Seattle
Dc311
Contributor

Postby RedPhazon8 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:30 am

Saints now 0-3... shame shame shame... and some of the plays in the Titans game were awesome, that catch by Nate Washington for a 71yd TD was awesome as hell. Lions defender was wondering wtf happened as he ran for the score.

phpBB [video]
RedPhazon8

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic