Dexter

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Dexter

Postby buzzy on Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:37 am

Yeah, the last line was pretty intense, but overall it didn't have me on the edge of my seat as past episodes. Maybe the return of Astor had something to do with it.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:50 am

After he beat that guy up and supposedly stomped him, it was clear that he missed by like a foot. :wink:

The last scene surprised me a bit, only because I don't understand why Chase would give up the element of surprise by telling them he knows.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Doobie on Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:10 pm

Wow. What an episode. Like always, Dexter doesn't dissapoint through the last 4 episodes of every season. The ending was a total shocker, even though everyone expected it... I have a prediction towards how the season ends. I think Lumen takes the fall for all the murders to get Dexter out of jail time. It's obvious Quinn is going to find out about this, I just have no idea what the hell is going to happen. Jordan Chase is the last guy left to take down, and the feds are on his ass already. Am I the only one who gets a heart attack everytime I watch this show!?
New York Knicks
Doobie
didn't do it.

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:32 pm

Doobie wrote:Am I the only one who gets a heart attack everytime I watch this show!?

No. Get in shape dammit.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Lamrock on Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:36 pm

I'm like 4 episodes behind. Haven't gotten into this season. Worth catching up?
Lamrock

Postby [Q] on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:36 pm

Phil89 wrote:After he beat that guy up and supposedly stomped him, it was clear that he missed by like a foot. :wink:

yeah he said it was a kidney shot but it looked like a kick to the face

and lamrock fuck yeah the season started of pretty damn slow but its intensity has picked up to the level of the last episodes of season 4. its that crazy.

my roommate pointed out after today's episode that it might come down to lumen, who dexter actually loves... the sociopath finally learns to love. or deb, his sister, who has no real connection to him other than the title of "sister". god damn this series is so great. i will be sad when it is all over.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:49 pm

Anyone else think Dexter needs to upgrade the security at his apartment?

First Rudy broke in and left the doll in his freezer. Then Doakes broke in and found the blood slides in the air conditioner.
Then Ramon Prado broke in and trashed everything. Now Liddy has managed to setup a hidden camera inside there too.

Considering he's usually so careful, you'd think he'd realise his locks aren't that secure. :wink:
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Doobie on Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Greatest show on Earth... Enough said. I wonder how the hell next week is going to wrap everything up. I have a prediction.

I think Quinn is going to get arrested for the murder of Liddy. He has blood on his shoe, fingerprints all over the vehicle, and a bunch of phone calls to him. Also left a pretty agressive voicemail to him around the time he died. I also think Lumen will end up killing Jordan Chase and getting caught for it, Deb will make the arrest and no one snitches on Dexter. Season ends with Dexter having a monologue during Harrisons birthday party. Dexter cries his first tears ever.
New York Knicks
Doobie
didn't do it.

Postby Phil89 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:17 am

This season is definitely getting better and better. :bowdown:

Everything seems to point to Quinn going down for Liddy's murder.
The blood on Quinn's shoe. The surveillance equipment was borrowed under his name. His fingerprints all over the van.
Plus if they check Liddy's phone records they will see he called Quinn a lot recently.
And the preview Quinn is sitting in an interrogation room. :wink:
phpBB [video]

Also, I think that Lumen will survive because it would be super harsh to Dexter to kill her after Rita died at the end of last season.
Especially considering he really seems to feel a genuine human connection with her.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby buzzy on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:22 am

Oh shit, at the end of the preview they have Deb pointing a gun at Dex. It's probably a clever montage for the preview again though.
And yeah, Quinn is so going down for Liddy.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:06 pm

^ehhh, it's another cleverly edited preview. they've done that several times this season already
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby kingjames23 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:53 am

fuck. never noticed there was a talkback for Dexter here... it really is the best show on tv. tell your neighbors, tell your family, tell your friends... keep this shit on the air! this show gets my blood pumping. intense as hell!
kingjames23

Postby Lamrock on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:30 pm

Caught up. Season, as per usual, has gotten really good in the second half.
Lamrock

Postby Doobie on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:07 pm

I did not expect that ending. Wasn't the best finale, but the ending did make me feel sad.
New York Knicks
Doobie
didn't do it.

Postby [Q] on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:03 pm

yeah i was really hoping that Lumen would stay but there was really 0% chance of that happening.
the scene where deb finds chase's body and talks to them through the plastic i was literally saying "what the fuck?!?!" to myself over and over waiting for them to get caught. what a great scene.
the ending was more like all of the other seasons' happy endings, well... except for season 4 lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:12 pm

I was waiting for a big twist in the last 10 minutes, but it never came. Weird how almost everything worked out but I'm still a bit disappointed. :?

Hopefully next season can be more like season 1. He's by himself again and living in his apartment.

Also, what happened to that other story line from earlier in the season with the Santa Muerte killings? They only killed one of those guys.
What happened to the other guy?
My Stories
Phil89

Postby [Q] on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:15 pm

i guess they took the focus off of it since deb got taken off the case/suspended
this season had a lot of story holes like the end of the dan the dentist episode where dexter couldn't completely clean up the crime scene and then left as quickly as possible to go relieve the nanny
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:03 pm

Hopefully next season there will be simpler story lines and less plot holes now that it's just Dexter hunting by himself again. (Y)

This thread is starting to look like an FBI file with all the spoilers. :mrgreen:
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Lamrock on Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:09 pm

The scene with the plastic was so fucking hokey :lol: Knew that Lumen had to leave somehow. No idea what they'll do for season 6, as unlike the last one, there are no over-arching cliffhangers. The way they left it, with the kids spending the summer with him, it does not look too promising though.

They really should have had Deb discover them. I mean, Jesus Christ.
Lamrock

Postby [Q] on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:01 pm

i really don't understand all of these legions of people complaining about the finale and/or the season in general. i mean, they obviously wrote it with no knowledge of them getting picked up for the next season and its format was pretty much the same as seasons 1,2, and 3. plus, how the hell are they supposed to out-do themselves after season 4?? in my opinion season 4 was the best, then 1, 2 & 5 i enjoyed equally, then 3. oh and dexter WAS THE CLOSEST HE HAS EVER BEEN TO BEING CAUGHT (and by deb, for that matter) how is that not entertaining enough for you?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby J@3 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:56 pm

The 50 billion plotholes ruined it for me. There's some great articles floating around illuminating them all, I might post them later.
J@3

Postby Phil89 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:19 pm

The fact that Quinn's girlfriend's brother was the one who processed the evidence that eventually cleared him of Liddy's murder, for one.

There really is too many to mention from this season.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby [Q] on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:16 pm

and how the kyle butler & santa muerta angles were completely forgotten once jordan chase showed up. it was almost like 2 different seasons in 1 lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby J@3 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:48 pm

From IMDB

The plot holes this season were beyond stupid. SO, let me get this straight – at a busy intersection in Miami, a street vendor tells Deb that down the road is just an old camp? Undeveloped, in Miami? Really? Just sitting there for 20 years? I understand that Chase owned it, but still, from the road they were at there was no way a camp was the only thing straight ahead.

SO, if you are running a murder-rape club, in the middle of the woods, girls secured in the basement, you get finished and... take the living girls to some jerk's house in the suburbs to play with them in his garage before he kills them, then just dump them in big barrels in the swamp? Why not just kill them at the camp? Why EVER send them to Boyd's house?

Let's not forget that Dexter discovered all this on a whim, just noticing a blood stain in the truck he rented. Hell of a whim.

Dexter calls public records from his phone. Even though Chase is on the run, he calls Chase from his own phone.

Quinn has evidence rented in his name in Liddy's van, fingerprints on Liddy's van, and 5 calls from Liddy right before Liddy's death – but the drop of blood gets him off to where he can joke with his captains at a party? Oh, and Dexter's hair is in the van – check the scene of him bound in it, rolling around on the floor of the van. That's how evidence shows up. Also, "If we find out who he was watching, we'll find his killer". Well, guess that plan got called off.

I knew something was wrong with this season when Dexter was let off the hook for Rita's murder in the second episode. I thought it would be about suspicion, and the idea that a murderer was being accused of the one murder he didn't commit. Hell, he could even have been put in jail before trial, and killed a few baddies in there. But no, Kyle Butler doesn't get looked into.

Never mind "plausible" yet highly stupid things like Miami Metro's great track record – The Trinity Killer is never found, Jordan Chase is never found, and the Bay Harbor Butcher was Detective Doakes (In their world), so... how the f@#k does ANYONE still have a job in that office?

Jordan Chase has a gun aimed at Dexter's head, but needs more time to monologue. Dexter's blood is in the crashed car on site, but Dexter's solution? Take the most wanted car in Miami that day (Chase's) and drive it away from a scene were cops will be within the hour. WIth body parts in the trunk. Brilliant.

And Deb talking to a plastic sheet was the biggest rip-off this show has come up with yet. Had she seen Dexter and let him go, that's building characters. The plastic sheet was a horrible.

Then this one.. http://www.sho.com/site/message/thread. ... oupid=1609
J@3

Postby Phil89 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:11 pm

I think one of the reasons why this season wasn't as good as the first few is because it didn't have enough of this:

phpBB [video]

In the first couple of seasons the music was excellent. I don't really recall anything memorable this season. :?
My Stories
Phil89

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic