Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby Lean on Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:06 pm

Plus some convenient situations where there's a bottle or a vase or any other objects are within reach to use for distraction. And I just noticed they took out the sedatives too.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Oznogrd on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:39 am

I love mods sometimes. Zombies and spiderman, batman, deadpool, and harley quinn ftw.

Would a general "mods not related to NBA live thread" be a thing?
Oznogrd
Gummy bears are stupid and delicious!

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:35 am

Yes, a general game mods thread would be a thing. I wanted to try that futurama mod for l4d2 but I want the voices as well.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:03 am

been going through the nicely cinematic Uncharted 3, and downloaded at least 50 gigs of stuff from Steam....so Im sure more will be played soon.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby [Q] on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:48 am

fuck cinematics, if i wanted to watch a movie, i wouldnt play a video game

and lean you mention those convenient distractions... there are a ton of these in the game just like in Last of Us. I preferred putting people to sleep if the were in my way. throwing shit and waiting for them to move takes too long
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby formx on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:43 am

Just recently finished Sleeping Dogs, and now I am on to Tomb Raider. Both great games I must say.

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby Lean on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:52 am

Might get my hands on Arkham City again.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:52 am

i am still playing might and magic from the steam sale, well when i get to play that is. new job has me working 80 hour weeks until almost the end of september. check is nice but damn my free time is gone
Sauru

Postby homicide1550 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:58 pm

Finished GTA IV including EFLC. Really great game.

Am now playing Alpha Protocol. Underrated game imo.
Visit my Facebook page: Kicksfix: homicide1550

Click image to view the thread!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13
(Live08) RISE UP! A Cleveland Cavaliers Dynasty

Ranked 7th, Top 10 Dynasty Hall of Fame

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby Cpt(K) on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:58 am

homicide1550 wrote:Finished GTA IV including EFLC. Really great game.

Yeah I have Alpha Protocol, finished it in like 2 days. Aside from horrible movement controls and some other messed up mechanics the thing that disappointed me the most was it wasn't open world. However, I did sorta like the timed dialogue decisions. I would like to see a sequel that is more polished gameplay wise. It was too short.
Cpt(K)

Postby deihatein on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:07 am

I've finished Infamous 1 not too long ago. Played it from the good side first. The enemy AI has ridiculous good aiming that they can hit you from a long distance and with them swarming like flies you can get killed instantly especially in hard difficulty, the navigation could have been a lot better as getting to a place to another takes a long time and the final boss is ridiculously cheap. Overall I had fun despite the flaws.

Now to play 2 or to platinum 1 first.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby el badman on Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:48 am

I've been so delayed from playing Skyrim all the time, I'm still trying to catch up on gaming: I recently finished Sleeping Dogs and The Swapper, so I finally started Assassin's Creed III, and I gotta say, while I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with the series, I'm very impressed with what Ubi did for this game. On PC, it's absolutely stunning, and it seems like the amount of research that they did for that one (for everything: real historical events and characters, architecture/outfits/weapons/etc.) is even greater than in its predecessors, which is quite an achievement. Plus it's much more free-form and open-world, which I really enjoy.
I also started Kentucky Route Zero, which is quite a unique game. Probably not for the younger generations I would say, but for an old school gamer like me, it is a very compelling experience.
After that, I still have Bioshock: Infinite, Tomb Raider and Metro: Last Light, and I'll probably dust off my PS3 and buy The Last Of Us afterwards.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby JaoSming on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:03 pm

I didn't know Journey was a full-game playthrough in one sitting kind of game...wish I knew that before booting it at 1am, but fuck, I'm happy I did.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby NovU on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:11 am

I finished Prototype 2 couple days ago. It's a game a lot of yous overlooked imo. Pick it up and give it a go. It's a hell of a game I assure you. Black Watch edition should be easily found for under $30 these days anyways.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby [Q] on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:09 am

JaoSming wrote:I didn't know Journey was a full-game playthrough in one sitting kind of game...wish I knew that before booting it at 1am, but fuck, I'm happy I did.

i played the demo a long time ago. i liked the concept but i thought i mightve gotten bored with it if i bought it.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby homicide1550 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Cpt(K) wrote:
homicide1550 wrote:Finished GTA IV including EFLC. Really great game.

Yeah I have Alpha Protocol, finished it in like 2 days. Aside from horrible movement controls and some other messed up mechanics the thing that disappointed me the most was it wasn't open world. However, I did sorta like the timed dialogue decisions. I would like to see a sequel that is more polished gameplay wise. It was too short.

Finished Alpha Protocol last night and gotta agree that it was a little too short. Boss battles were a little too easy for me, just had to go invisible and then put some holes on their heads via the chain shot.

Next on my list is Batman Arkham City.
Visit my Facebook page: Kicksfix: homicide1550

Click image to view the thread!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13
(Live08) RISE UP! A Cleveland Cavaliers Dynasty

Ranked 7th, Top 10 Dynasty Hall of Fame

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby el badman on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:58 am

So a "big" moment for me...After about 500 hours put into it, I decided to finish (again) the main Skyrim quest and to uninstall it. I'm sure there will still be some awesome mods coming out for a while, but I've used a gazillion of them and explored every inch of the game (including all the DLCs), so it was time to end it. Now at least I should have some time to play 2K14 and all the other games I haven't started yet. I'm gonna finish Assassin's Creed III first, then on to Bioshock: Infinite, Tomb Raider and Metro: Last Light.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby el badman on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:24 am

Just finished Assassin's Creed III and started playing Bioshock Infinite. Same shortcomings as its predecessors, but the art design is just stunning.
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Lean on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:28 pm

el badman wrote:Just finished Assassin's Creed III...

How was it? What do you think about the story?
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby el badman on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:12 am

The usual stuff with AC. I was pretty excited about the new gameplay features and the brand new environment at first, but it quickly got old, and the main issue with AC for me is that the underlying story has never been captivating/believable/well-defined enough to make me want to spend hours and hours on it. So as usual, I tried to do get the collectibles and do most of the side-quests at first, but it quickly got boring and halfway through I just went mostly for the main story and finished the game. I think this one, more than any of the previous ones, had especially immense potential, but Ubi never seems to fully take advantage of that.
As expected, the ending is unbearably half-assed of course. Not really anticipating anything different for Black Flag...
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Lean on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:38 am

I've read that the story is underwhelming for Black Flag.

And with AC3, that one thing that bothered me is that the final boss fight is a darn chase.

Currently re-playing the Mass Effect trilogy, I'm at ME1 (re-played it again because I lost my save due to formatting) and at the start of the Virmire mission.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:04 am

I still keep GTA V in my PS3 and play it from time to time for rampages but all I have left to complete in single player is the collectible items which I'll never find, and I don't really like the Online mode.

Twisted Metal 2 remains in the rotation and I decided to finish up my 2K13 association as well. There are a couple parks I sketched out that I want to make in Tony Hawk when I get the time as well.

Although 2K14's the only launch title I want, I think I'm getting a PS4 soon!
Lamrock

Postby Jackal on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:17 am

I've stopped playing GTA, I finished it twice because I messed up the first time but I've put it aside for 2K14, I'm up to the all star game but am finding hard to keep my interest. Perhaps time to start up a second one with some bottom dweller. (Besides the Lakers.)
Jackal

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:39 am

GTA V isn't getting much playtime from me because it is a damn time sucker. I wanted to pop on and play a bit with Q last night, ended up playing for a couple hours....
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:28 pm

Will be getting Origins tomorrow. None of you are playing it?
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic