Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby [Q] on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:48 pm

Soooo got my hands on the Live 14 demo and I actually think it's a lot of fun. Sure, it's merely a slightly better version of Live 10, but Live 10 was a game that I liked.
[Q]
NBA Live 15 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Postby formx on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:51 pm

I also got into The Crew beta. I don't know what the game is about tho. :lol:

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:17 pm

Qballer wrote:Soooo got my hands on the Live 14 demo and I actually think it's a lot of fun. Sure, it's merely a slightly better version of Live 10, but Live 10 was a game that I liked.

Sounds like your current custom title may not be misplaced. ;)
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:30 pm

Yeah Live 15 went from a "maybe" to "probably" with the Live 14 demo (y)
[Q]
NBA Live 15 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:07 am

The Gamespy servers are gone for good, so more online fragging for us PS3 Unreal Tournament plays. Sucks, but I downloaded a shitload of new maps. For anyone still rocking UT3, I highly recommend these. You can download them at http://www.ut3mod.com and http://www.mapraider.com

Agony 2, Anor, Calibrah, Cath, CodexFE, Conveyor, Egitim, Fractal, Gardenia, HellsGate, Icy Apex, Koos Galleon, Krodan, Liandri, MarauderSE, Mcc-SpaceNoxx, Oblivion, Phobos, Phobos(Low Gravity), Pressure 3, Pyramid, RB-Barricade, RB-Morpheus99, Shrapnel, Stalwart, Steam Temple, TempestX, TempestX2, UOF-Peak, UT3-Curse, Viridian Tourney, Worm

UT3 is more fun now thanks to all these mods.
Jeffx

Postby Kevin on Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:34 pm

Getting Dead Rising 3 later! Can't wait to play that game

Main Modding Threads: NBA 2K16|NBA 2K15|NBA 2K14
Story Thread: Montreal Ravens (A 1996 Franchise Story)

"The new NLSC Webmaster should be either Bobby Simmons, Yao Ming, Jason Kapono, Michael Doleac, maybe Luis Scola or Josh Powell."
- The one and only, CoryMach7
Kevin
Lakers - I mean Kobe fan.

Postby deihatein on Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:18 am

Finished The Last of Us not too long ago. I enjoyed it although I'm torn on how it ended, probably because I find the male main character kind of an ass in the end and I get the message they are trying to get across but I wish they went the other direction(so that there is a room for a sequel). Might play it a second time just to get all the collectibles and to see if I could finished the game with just the pistol on hand.

Also playing Ni No Kuni. It's pokemon but with a much more complicated mechanic than pokemon.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby [Q] on Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:37 pm

Got a PS4. Playing Destiny. I'm actually having a little more fun than I expected. I didn't like Halo, but online multiplayer is actually pretty decent
[Q]
NBA Live 15 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Postby zzcoolj21 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:17 am

Just bought manhunt. Time to see what all the fuss is about.
JF16
zzcoolj21
kyrMVPie

Postby el badman on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:21 am

I used to be a huge FIFA fan back in the day but I hadn't played any of them for many years, and I gotta say the PC demo for FIFA 2015 was very impressive, I'll probably end up buying the game.
Other than that, recently finished season 1 of The Wolf Among Us, season 2 of the Walking Dead, and now playing Assassin's Creed IV and replaying Metro: Last Light.
El Badmanator IV: Intel i7-3770K @3.50GHz, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB; Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; OCZ Vertex4 256GB SSD; ASUS P8Z77-V LX mobo; Corsair Vengeance @2133MHz 16GB DDR3 RAM; Samsung SyncMaster 3D LED 27" S27A950D; Thermaltake 750W PSU; Razer DeathAdder Chroma gaming mouse; Gigabyte Aivia Osmium mechanical keyboard; Smilodon Dirk-Tooth case; Creative 5.1 Surround sound; Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Kit; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Cpt(K) on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:18 pm

I'm going to explode with anticipation for this title. It's absolutely amazing that it's been announced for release in February next year!
phpBB [video]
Cpt(K)

Postby Ur Boi Bangs Chol on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:46 pm

My balls got goosebumps watching that.
ImageImageImage
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
Ur Boi Bangs Chol
NLSC's Jefferson Davis/The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:57 pm

Played a little of Sid Meier's Pirates!, in honour of International Talk Like A Pirate Day.
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Cpt(K) on Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:10 am

Wow, I didn't know that exists, looks like I learned something new today. Anyway, as I said I'm really hyped for Bloodborne. So much I've decided to order those extra DLC for Dark Souls II, supposedly there's supposed to be 3 of e'm. However, rumors have been said that there's more potentially coming. Bloodborne really looks like an awesome game, the player to player encounters (from what I've read somewhere) may be at random- and your visitor can choose between aiding you and... ailing you. I would very much like to see it this way, especially since you can no longer distinguish friendly players from hostile ones (I think).

I was just starting a new game of Dark Souls II a couple of days ago and I must say that I can understand why the developers appear to have removed or altered the dodge-rolls. I see a lot of side stepping and lunging, which is different from the usual variety of rolls (fast, normal, slow) dependent on your equipment load. One feature similar to this I'd like to see a return, is the inventory weight which was used in Demon's Souls (I'll never understand why they got rid of it). After all, the bottomless box serves the purpose of keeping stock.

The player shouldn't be able to carry multiple great swords, great axes, Spears, Lances, rapiers, daggers, staffs, chimes, curatives, and especially slabs of metal alloys at once. If I remember correctly, demon's souls even utilized weight added to the little things, like firebombs, throwing daggers, and even arrows. This presented the player with a need to tactically be prepared before they departed. These latest titles haven't in that same regard. Though because this title's theme appears to have a horror Victorian pitch to it, I could expect to have to face the difficult decision to drop certain items in favor of others. I may be wrong though.
Cpt(K)

Postby chicagoRAW on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:13 am

Addicted to Madden Ultimate Team right now, with a side of Destiny.
chicagoRAW

Postby Kevin on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:14 pm

I don't know if I should buy Destiny. Some say it's a great game while some said you needed the DLC to actually make it fun to play. Is there even a DLC?

"The new NLSC Webmaster should be either Bobby Simmons, Yao Ming, Jason Kapono, Michael Doleac, maybe Luis Scola or Josh Powell."
Kevin

Postby Lean on Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:42 pm

Currently playing Dragon Age 2 whenever time permits, in-preparation for Dragon Age: Inquisition. IMO, Dragon Age 2 is still inferior than its predecessor Dragon Age: Origins. The quests are so cluttered.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:55 am

KevinParker13 wrote:I don't know if I should buy Destiny. Some say it's a great game while some said you needed the DLC to actually make it fun to play. Is there even a DLC?

I say it's a wait. The whole way it works really feels like a fetch, protect, go here, quest over and over again. You return to the same places but go 1 door deeper in future missions. There are new enemies, but mainly the ones you already encountered just level up with you, so in the previous mission the guys you were 1 shotting with a hand cannon now take 2-3 shots.

The gameplay itself is probably one of the best FPS games I've played. Multiplayer is amazingly fun and even the quests or missions w/e play well...its just the story and progression that gets stale very fast. And the awkward and inconsistent leveling up.
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ozxhwwmz4LJzpGAj22T5qa0ZVFBJ3yw

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby jenz on Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:51 am

Lean wrote:Currently playing Dragon Age 2 whenever time permits, in-preparation for Dragon Age: Inquisition. IMO, Dragon Age 2 is still inferior than its predecessor Dragon Age: Origins. The quests are so cluttered.

Right. The DA2's gameplay is awesome, Origins was a little too slow for me. However, the first one's story is just too good. I wish I still had time to play these. :(
jenz
Too cool for a custom title.

Postby Lean on Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:05 pm

In defense of DA:O, it was based on older Bioware RPGs, where combat is slow and tactical. DA2 plays more of an action game. And it seems like Inquisition is like that too. And those repetitive caverns. :lame:
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby formx on Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:14 am

I guess imma be playing FIFA 15 for the next couple of hours. Cool

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby The X on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:53 pm

Picked up PS4 today in prep for NBA 2K15. Got FIFA 15 with it so that will keep me occupied in meantime
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby el badman on Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:26 am

I pre-ordered The Witcher 3 (Steam had a 10% sale and they also gave an extra 5% if either one of the previous Witcher games was in the library), and in the meantime I got Shadow Of Mordor which is quite fun, in a Batman Arkham kind of way. Still have to delve more into the gameplay mechanics but it's a pretty badass game so far.
El Badmanator IV: Intel i7-3770K @3.50GHz, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB; Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; OCZ Vertex4 256GB SSD; ASUS P8Z77-V LX mobo; Corsair Vengeance @2133MHz 16GB DDR3 RAM; Samsung SyncMaster 3D LED 27" S27A950D; Thermaltake 750W PSU; Razer DeathAdder Chroma gaming mouse; Gigabyte Aivia Osmium mechanical keyboard; Smilodon Dirk-Tooth case; Creative 5.1 Surround sound; Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Kit; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Pdub on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:28 am

Read about Shadows of Mordor being a rehash of assassin's creed, and a repetitive one.

Looking forward to Alien Isolation as well as 2k next week.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:12 pm

Played Payday 2 and it was absolutely shitty. Still enjoying LoL and Dota 2 anyways. Meanwhile, Saints Row IV's arcade-y feeling drove me out of the game.

Kevin

Postby [Q] on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:28 pm

Been busy with Fifa 15 on PS4, still trying to finish LittleBigPlanet 2
[Q]
NBA Live 15 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Postby el badman on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:04 am

Pdub wrote:Read about Shadows of Mordor being a rehash of assassin's creed, and a repetitive one.

It definitely borrows a lot of AC's mechanics, and it can certainly become repetitive. But if anything, it's much closer to the recent Batman games when it comes to gameplay, but it has some really interesting twists and so far it's hooking me much more than either one of those games. With the highest settings it's also quite gorgeous.
Pdub wrote:Looking forward to Alien Isolation

Such a shame because it had great potential and I was looking forward to it too, but as expected from an Aliens game, it's apparently pretty flawed:
http://www.ign.com/games/reviews
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Lamrock on Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:13 am

Waiting until Christmas to get a PS4 (sentimental reasons, mostly) so I've been playing through Skyrim lately. The game can get repetitive, but it's still ridiculously addicting with all of the different quest lines and things to level up. Kind of embarrassing how fast the generic NPC dialogue gets old. "Let me guess, someone stole your sweet roll?"
Lamrock

Postby formx on Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:20 am

Qballer wrote:Been busy with Fifa 15 on PS4

Sent you a message wanting to play a match against you. Goes offline. dis nigga tryin to dodge me lel.

formx

Postby Ur Boi Bangs Chol on Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:29 am

Q scurred.

Chikin.

ImageImageImage
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
Ur Boi Bangs Chol

Postby [Q] on Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:44 am

formx wrote:
Qballer wrote:Been busy with Fifa 15 on PS4

Sent you a message wanting to play a match against you. Goes offline. dis nigga tryin to dodge me lel.

Must have been my roommate playing on his account

I would destroy you. You don't want none of this
[Q]
NBA Live 15 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Postby formx on Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:45 am

Qballer wrote:I would destroy you. You don't want none of this

I'd rather be destroyed than be dodging people tbh.

formx

Postby Pdub on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:05 am

Just play each other and get it over with.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ur Boi Bangs Chol on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:53 pm

'dub speakeths the truthe.

Do it ladies.
ImageImageImage
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
Ur Boi Bangs Chol

Postby agolden on Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:58 am

New Smash Bros Wii U and occasional PC NBA 2K15 online matches with some Steam friends
Check out my custom NBA 2K14 soundtrack thread:

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=93537
agolden
"Doc calls it 'coach's porno,'" Clippers guard J.J. Redick said. "The stuff that gets me excited is the multiple stops in a row"

Postby el badman on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:26 am

Just finished Wolfenstein: New Order, which was a pretty good shooter all things considered, and still working on Shadow of Mordor. Plus some 2K15 here and there.
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Dommy73 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:50 pm

Besides 2K15, I reinstalled Shift 2 and plazing some Unity. Those coop missions are great with good players.
Streaming some glorious 21:9 gameplay (including NBA) on twitch.tv/dommy73

i7-6700K, VIII Hero, 16GB @ 2400MHz CL14, 980 Ti Classy
Fedora 23 for everything meaningful, Windows 10 for games and video entertainment

ImageImageImage
Dommy73
Making 2K16 newbs quit like Curry in the Finals

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:54 pm

NBA Live 15, NBA 2K15, and WWE 2K15. Also picked up GTA V on PS4 recently, so I expect I'll be back into that in due course.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Ezio Auditore on Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:45 am

2K15 taking most of my free time and also playing the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy on PS3. :cheeky:
Ezio Auditore
#thierry

Postby Cpt(K) on Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:01 pm

Thought about purchasing Live 15, but instead bought Destiny. I'm still desperate for Bloodborne, and have been trying to completely finish Dark Souls II (DLC, and other missed content). I recently went back to NBA 2k11, and reloaded a my player save on Hall of Fame, which promptly reminded me why I never play on that difficulty; the cpu shot 66% in the first half, and my team shot 52% with 12 minute quarters. Ultimately I had to score 76 points just so my team could turn the ball over on the last possession. Both teams exceeded 130 points with mine losing by a basket. Final individual stats were 31/47 FG - 3/5 3PT - 16/18 FT - 12 REB - 17 AST, but pointless. I'm also interested in Tom Clancy's The Division, and other currently unreleased titles.
Cpt(K)

Postby Pdub on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:10 pm

Finished some games i started a while back, like Crysis 3 and Batman Arkham City. Picked up bf4 and cod black ops 2 on black Friday.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Cpt(K) on Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:25 pm

I just decided to buy Live 15, and I gotta say - it's not nearly as bad as some make it out to be. There's a couple quirks here and there, and it obviously hasn't made a jump to #1 yet but it's a great improvement. The "Finals Preview" pitted the Cavs and Thunder against each other, I chose to play as the latter - 80-82 was the final score with Westbrook hitting a three at the buzzer. An overall balanced experience, but nothing was really phenomenal. I did enjoy the commentary though. The game recap at half time and post time was interesting. So now I'm going to start the rising star game mode and see how that goes . . . I also decided to get XCOM Enemy Within, because I had the original Enemy Unknown and completed it twice with all of the DLC.

EDIT: I Neglected to install the update for Live 15, and so I decided to finally install it but I discover it pauses at 26%. EDIT2: It finished, and I resumed playing.
Last edited by Cpt(K) on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt(K)

Postby Dommy73 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:51 pm

Pdub wrote:Picked up bf4 on black Friday.

Nice, World Division 1 Jet fighter pilot here :)
Also known as the "air-to-surface-fighter-jet guy" among the enemies :D

Fedora 23 for everything meaningful, Windows 10 for games and video entertainment

ImageImageImage
Dommy73

Postby [Q] on Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:23 pm

I liked the realism of bf3 vs cod but i really don't enjoy the flying.
[Q]
NBA Live 15 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Postby Pdub on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:22 pm

I liked flying in bf2, but I was pretty horrible at it.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dommy73 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:41 pm

On PC, the key trick to fly efficiently is to bind a key (say Space bar) to pitch up. And even better if you bind something else like Q to pitch down so you can make loops easily.

As I usually play on "hardcore" servers without a minimap you should also wait for really good shot in dogfights if you want to really sneak up on someone (I use only cannon in dogfights).
And I carry Air-to-Surface missiles (if both hits it's usually kill even on tanks), so a good laser marker in team is great plus for me.

ImageImageImage
Dommy73

Postby Lamrock on Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:46 am

Five years late to the party, but I picked up Dragon Age Origins Complete Edition the other day. After clocking far too many hours on Skyrim, then not finishing due to glitches, repetitiveness and a dead feeling game world, this game is refreshing. Only a few hours in, but I love the characters and their banter between one another. Looking forward topplaying inquisition when I get a PS4
Lamrock

Postby Dommy73 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:55 am

OK, So I have just started playing DA:I and I have to say, it's pretty good.

ImageImageImage
Dommy73

Postby Lamrock on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:18 am

Looking forward to it! Origins is pretty dated visually (looks like a ps2 game on my 360) but it nonetheless kept me up past midnight. I've heard DA 2 sucks - should I skip it or is it important to the story?
Lamrock

Postby deihatein on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:57 pm

Lamrock wrote:I've heard DA 2 sucks - should I skip it or is it important to the story?

I've seen from everywhere that it's a skip. Not sure but I think Lean played and wasn't impressed.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic