Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Postby cyanide on Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:36 pm

Matthew wrote:If it's cloudy can you see if the sky is blue, green or purple?

Or do you have cloud-ray vision and can see through them?

:lol: Do you like to annoy people to the point of absurdity or something?

Anyway, games I'm playing lately:

NBA 2K8: The most realistic basketball game ever, without a doubt. All the effort put into Live 02 to 08 combined wouldn't come close to what 2K put into this year.

Assassin's Creed: Now I'm really getting into it. The graphics and the setting is amazing (except for that futuristic shit) and nothing's more exhilarating than sneaking up behind a guard and assassinating him with my hidden blade.

Gears of War: Amazing graphics, really fun. Just gotta get used to the controls and distinguishing the enemies from my teammates better.

Top Spin 2: The best tennis game. Loads of challenge in the Grand Slam tournaments and the opponents have a great range of skills where every game isn't one-dimensional.
cyanide
Dat steatopygous

Postby Matthew on Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:14 pm

Please stay on topic kthanx

NBA 2K8: The most realistic basketball game ever, without a doubt. All the effort put into Live 02 to 08 combined wouldn't come close to what 2K put into this year.

You played 2k6 or 2k7?

It's pretty much the same as those with a few new features.

Assassin's Creed: Now I'm really getting into it. The graphics and the setting is amazing (except for that futuristic shit) and nothing's more exhilarating than sneaking up behind a guard and assassinating him with my hidden blade.

:lol: Hey you and Axel have something in common! :proud:

Gears of War: Amazing graphics, really fun. Just gotta get used to the controls and distinguishing the enemies from my teammates better.

It's not that difficult: One team is humans, the other are locust. Simple.

Top Spin 2: The best tennis game. Loads of challenge in the Grand Slam tournaments and the opponents have a great range of skills where every game isn't one-dimensional.

You have played virtua tennis haven't you?
Matthew

Postby el badman on Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:12 am

Has anyone played this on PC? (I'm assuming you're playing it on console Cy)
It's on my "to buy" list but there's apparently so many problems with Microsoft LIVE when playing it (not able to install, saved games that are automatically deleted...), that I'm still not sure whether or not it's worth the trouble.
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby el badman on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:43 am

For those you can run it, you may wanna try the Natural Mod v1.2 for Crysis:
http://files.filefront.com/naturalmodv1 ... einfo.html
It doesn't really improve the overall performance but seems to reduce mouse lagging by making it smoother, and it mostly enables atmospheric effects that are only activated in "Very High" settings, the results are stunning :shock:
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby cyanide on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:01 pm

Matthew wrote:It's not that difficult: One team is humans, the other are locust. Simple.

It's my TV, when those locusts are at a distance, it's hard to distinguish the two. It's way crisper on LCD, but I can't hook it up in the office.

Matthew wrote:You have played virtua tennis haven't you?

Yes I have, and I find Top Spin to be more realistic and thorough.
cyanide
Dat steatopygous

Postby Matthew on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:11 pm

Virtua tennis 3?

And friendly fire isnt on gow (unless if you play a player match with it on) so when is it an issue that you cant tell the difference?
Matthew

Postby CMJ3 on Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:52 am

The shotgun whores online are really annoying which makes it fun when they try to rush you and you nail them from a distance with the lancer. Gears of War is probably the funnest multiplayer game i have played and probably my favourite.
CMJ3

Postby Matthew on Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:29 am

How are they "whores"? Seriously, the worst thing about gears is the amount of whinging that goes on when you kill someone.

Kill someone with a lancer, you're a lancer whore.

Kill someone with a grenade, you're a fag tagger.

Kill someone with a pistol, you're a pistol whore.

Kill someone with an active reload, you're an active whore.

Melee or chainsaw and you're a bitch.

Now people are being called shotgun whores? lmao. That means the boom shot, torque and sniper are the only acceptable weapons provided you don't use actives.

Lame. But I guess it's easier to criticise then it is to admit you just got killed.

But whatever makes you sleep easier at night I guess.
Matthew

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:02 pm

^^ Matthew you gay hacking nagger.

Ty-Land wrote:Rather confident the sky is blue everyday, regardless of there being clouds or not

But what about the orange sky at sunrise or sunset?
cyanide wrote:nothing's more exhilarating than sneaking up behind a guard and assassinating him with my hidden blade.

Matthew wrote:Hey you and Axel have something in common!

Damn you Matthew for beating me to it. :x :lol:
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby GaZuN on Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:18 am

Hey Jao.. Do you want to paly some day CS Source with me..? IF you want only PM -me and give my the date, Time and IP ofcourse :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)
GaZuN
Mamba I'd Like To F**k

Postby BigKaboom2 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:32 am

GazuN wrote:Hey Jao.. Do you want to paly some day CS Source with me..? IF you want only PM -me and give my the date, Time and IP ofcourse :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nlcsg

Join!

We'll ignore Benji's spelling mistake in the URL...it's not the National League Championship Series group.
BigKaboom2

Postby Lamrock on Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:28 pm

Twisted Metal: Head On - Extra Twisted Edition :D

Very fun game. Really recommendable to TM fans mainly. However, the game is awesome overall. Aside of weak graphics there is so much content here. I'll be playing this one for a while.
Lamrock

Postby Tuomas on Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:24 pm

I'm pretty much obsessed with the gamecube I bought myself of christmas. Tony Hawk 3-4, anyone? :D

What are the must games for this consoles in addition to Metroid, Zelda and Mario Kart + Brawl?
Tuomas

Postby Lean on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:01 am

*Raises hand*

Luigi's Mansion?

I have played THPS3, oh the good old days. My brother pulled off a 1-million-point chain of tricks in the Tokyo competition. I can do like up to 300,000 only.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:37 pm

You got THPS 3-4? good times. I was the administrator of a once popular THPS forum. (Y) (Y)
Lamrock

Postby Lean on Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:09 pm

I only played THPS3, and played Career Mode with a created skater. Now I don't know why I didn't play THPS4. :oops:
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby jonthefon on Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:42 pm

I have the first three THPS for PS. They were good times, THPS2 is one of the best sports-type games ever.
jonthefon
Fucking pissed off.

Postby Fitzy on Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:36 am

jonthefon wrote: THPS2 is one of the best sports-type games ever.

we had that game at school last year for us year 12s, good times
Fitzy

Postby deihatein on Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:46 pm

Games i am playing right now? Only a few only 08 and y8.com and maybe Pokemon from my phone. I really want a console right now not just a PC damn it.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Sauru on Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:08 pm

well on friday i finally got myself the ps3 i have been wanting forever. i got a few games with it and those are what i am playing now. list includes heavenly sword, conan, madden 08, marvel ultimate alliance, some tennis game(mainly so me and my wife can play together), and motorstorm which came with the system. well i guess i should say thats what i was playing, my wife has recently stole the system and wont let me play it, she just cant pull herself away from heavenly sword. so after dropping all that money(thank you tax return check) i am back to online poker
Sauru

Postby Elbeen on Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:03 am

Lately I have been addicted to Halo 3 just bought my copy for cheap ($30 and it is the limited edition one :lol:) 2 days ago. Now I can't stop playing it.

And of course NBA 2k8 - awesome basketball sim.
Elbeen

Postby JaoSming on Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:54 am

Portal, Street vol 2 and Rock Band.

Been kinda forcing myself through the single player CoD4 campaign. Don't get me wrong its fucking great, I just dont really want to play a shooter right now.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby benji on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:12 pm

Tuomas wrote:I'm pretty much obsessed with the gamecube I bought myself of christmas. Tony Hawk 3-4, anyone? :D

What are the must games for this consoles in addition to Metroid, Zelda and Mario Kart + Brawl?

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Resident Evil 4
Metroid Prime is a must...as is Zelda: Wind Waker. Both are masterpieces.
Viewtiful Joe and F-Zero GX can be had cheaply used.
Killer 7
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Beyond Good & Evil
benji

Postby [Q] on Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:19 pm

Still addicted to COD4. online mode is ridiculously addicting. fuck the prestige mode though.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:26 am

Is Metal Gear Solid 4 out now? That's one of the most awaited games in the PS3.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic