Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:03 am

I didn't exactly dislike DA2, but didn't love it either.
But it was so different from DA:O. Much more casual.

Story wise... It shows you the start of the mage rebellion, which is a huge conflict present in DA:I.
Unless you're hardcore DA:O and strategy fan I think it's worth trying (does origin offer game time tryout for DA2?).
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Cpt(K) on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:51 am

So I began playing Destiny about three weeks ago, and have been relatively active. I must say that though the game is fun (I do still play) it appears as if the developers scrimped on the immersion department among other things. Graphically the game is okay, but when it comes to the little things - the game fails miserably. Anyone else disappointed with huge titles, and their lack of environmental effectiveness? At this time how hard would it have been for the developers to animate the terrain better? Atmospheres are so lazy looking, and dull.

Customization is a redeeming factor, but I would've enjoyed an optional third-person perspective throughout the game. I'm amazed at the community modifications for titles like Fallout or the Elderscrolls, which have an absolutely superior first person scheme - (http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/20891/?) although, their not necessarily without bugs.

Next generation platforms aren't a complete disappointment, I'm still waiting for The Division, and Bloodborne.
Cpt(K)

Postby Mandich on Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:15 am

Playling a bit too much of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare this past month.

Given the fact most of my friends play it too, it's hard to imagine I'll be stopping any time soon. Just so addicting.
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Lamrock on Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:35 am

Nba 2k15 (ps4)! Oh wait no I'm not - some losers hacked in to PSN and my 2k15 is digital...
Lamrock

Postby R4zoR on Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:24 am

Started playing Boson X a whole lot, that i got from the indegala bundles. Really addicting game
phpBB [video]
R4zoR has been modding video games for 10 years now, if you want to help me out in the process financially. You can do so by clicking on this link https://www.paypal.me/modderr4zor I will be more than grateful, for the support.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:12 pm

I have started playing Arma 3 (the devs are local) and I must say it's perfect (better then previous games).

After a brief firefight with an enemy patrol one lav diverted to our location and then bang, bang, everyone is dead, game over :D
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Lean on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:50 pm

O hai gaiz.

Good to see Lamrock play Dragon Age: Origins. (Y) I clocked in 153 hours in my last playthrough (including all DLCs and the expansion).

Lamrock wrote:I've heard DA 2 sucks - should I skip it or is it important to the story?

deihatein wrote:I've seen from everywhere that it's a skip. Not sure but I think Lean played and wasn't impressed.

I am still right at the start of the second act. I cringe at the repetitive dungeons, the terrible voice acting of the main character, and the new art style (it's still medieval, but compared to the sleekness of Origins, the changes in the style of DA2 is not welcome to my eyes at least. Apparently the guys at BioWare preferred spikes and squares for DA2), I am also getting a feeling that the story isn't as good as Origins.

The thing is, I am trying to complete DA2 from my transferred Origins save, so that I can transfer my DA2 save to Inquisition. I do so, so I have one continuity of my Dragon Age playthrough.

I tried using Dragon Age Keep, the new save-transferring system for Inquisition -- it does not require you to complete both Origins and DA2 since you can shape your Dragon Age lore using the Keep. You just need to log in EA Origin or use your BioWare Social account. I tried mine, and it still reads my playthrough from way back in 2009!
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kevin on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:18 pm

Started playing skyrim again since I bought a new laptop. Runs at 25-20 fps with an ENB and tons of other mods. I recommend you guys to install the Toccata Follower mod. Cause dis gurl is <3
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Lean on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:06 pm

Shadow of Mordor is pretty fun. Love how the Uruks you've killed/killed you greet you upon meeting them again.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:29 pm

I ragequitted SoM - my first veteran uruk (or whatever they're called) was some bitch with c-bow, which had immunity to ranged and stealth.
Plus he was able to basically instakill me from distance.
He almost killed me three times (he wouldn't even finish me off), got even more buffed and after some time I finally killed him.

Than the fucker came back and killed me (again, left me for dead) again even stronger than before. That was the moment I ragequitted.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Lean on Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:57 am

But how do you permanently kill an Uruk Captain?
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:08 pm

2300+ DOS games in your browser.
Don't mind me while I waste the next couple hours.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:49 pm

Lean wrote:But how do you permanently kill an Uruk Captain?

I guess you never know. Maybe those who actually managed to kill you have bigger chance of respawning?
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Lean on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:46 pm

Okay I did a Google-Fu, Kotaku said that there's no real way to permanently kill Uruk Captains/Warchiefs. While some suggest that the only way to kill them permanently is to behead them. And I think you can only do that by execution kills that randomly select the beheading animation.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:25 pm

Qballer wrote:2300+ DOS games in your browser.
Don't mind me while I waste the next couple hours.

And bookmarked.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby el badman on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:11 am

Lean wrote:While some suggest that the only way to kill them permanently is to behead them. And I think you can only do that by execution kills that randomly select the beheading animation.

That.
I never encountered any of them again once they were beheaded.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:33 pm

Working on a few games right now. 2K15 is in my rotation the most - mostly playing myCareer and NBA Today. Might give myTeam a shot and start a myLeague though.

Infamous: Second Son was a game I was really excited about as I liked the first two and it takes place in Seattle! Pretty disappointed with it though. It was kind of neat seeing Seattle landmarks and such, but while there are some nice touches, the layout is way off and it feels like one of those movies that is set in Seattle, but filmed in Vancouver. Not enjoying the gameplay as much either. The first two had funner missions, and the gameplay seemed to be more strategic. Now it just boils down to blasting guys until your health gets low, and ducking out for 15 seconds or so. The graphics are good and it's neat how they use the PS4's new features I suppose, but I definitely expected more.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is pretty good. It's a bit slow and some of the quests are kind of boring (collect 10 __'s... FOR THE INQUISITION) but it's well-written and I like the spectacle. A definite time-suck but I'll stick it out.
Lamrock

Postby [Q] on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:58 pm

Just finished up the free Injustice game on PS4. I usually hate story modes or "campaign" single player type stuff but the story was actually halfway decent and they integrated the battles in pretty well.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Cpt(K) on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:26 am

I decided to try out XCOM: Enemy Within and I'm pleased for the most part. I spent over an hour trying to complete a single operation without severe casualties", first pipe" I think was the mission name. and their were a ridiculous amount of cryssalids that kept spawning indefinitely on a ship - the final objective of the mission was to rendezvous before an airstrike hit the infested ship.
Cpt(K)

Postby Lean on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:18 pm

A power struggle mission in Shadow of Mordor has this "death by trial" on an Uruk Captain. He faced a Caragor one-on-one. The mission description said that I should interfere while they're fighting, but Caragors are a pain to kill, plus the captain summons a lot of Uruks to fight by his side. I waited the fight to get finished, the captain took a lot of damage from the Caragor which he killed. The mission failed, but after that, the captain walked away and I stealth-killed him. Heh.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kevin on Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:06 am

Played DA:Inquisition and I need a LITTLE help from you guys. I'm now at the part where we kill this big demon thingy guy and he has this armor and you need to shut down the green thing so his armor would be gone and yadah yadah yadah. It basically is the first real mission of the game. Problem is, I'm still stuck there. The Mage guy doesn't do crap and the short long hair guy dies first everytime and the french girl dies the second. I'm fucking stuck. help
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:37 pm

It's been a couple weeks since I beat that mission but that I remember that I got it on my first day, albeit barely. I remember running around reviving my guys whenever they'd get killed - it took awhile but my homies finally whittled his health down all the way.
Lamrock

Postby ThePointForward on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:06 pm

KevinParker13 wrote:Played DA:Inquisition and I need a LITTLE help from you guys. I'm now at the part where we kill this big demon thingy guy and he has this armor and you need to shut down the green thing so his armor would be gone and yadah yadah yadah. It basically is the first real mission of the game. Problem is, I'm still stuck there. The Mage guy doesn't do crap and the short long hair guy dies first everytime and the french girl dies the second. I'm fucking stuck. help

What difficulty is this? What char are you? You should also have support from other soldiers in there.

Try to play in tactical mode:
Start with full potions.
Make Cassandra tank the demon so it's not facing you.
Make Solas and Varric stay put (they're ranged anyway) - I think it's double clicking in tacmode.
Your char's job is to distrupt the rift as much as possible - it strips demon's armor and stuns it. By disrupting you'll get shades from the rift - use Varric and Solas to get rid of them.
Use Solas' barrier to protect Cassandra from power attacks (disable it's auto-use).
If you're playing as a mage then rotate barriers on Cassandra.
Cassandra have this aggro pull ability - disable auto-use and pull to her.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Kevin on Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:31 pm

I'm an archer (human)

Will try and do those things.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby formx on Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:48 pm

Loses to Qballer 7-0 as AFC Wimbledon vs Real Madrid

Wins against Qballer 3-0 as Schalke 04 vs Galatasary and Qballer rage quits. :lol:

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic