Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby Jeffx on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:12 am

Andrew wrote:Speaking of Mortal Kombat, finally found a way to get the DLC the other week. (Y)

That's awesome man. So you'll have all the klassic skins and the four extra fighters - nice! I love using MK3 Sub-Zero. We have to get a NLSC King of the Hill tourney going.
Jeffx

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:21 am

Jeffx just threw down the gauntlet. Face it like a man Andrew. FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby [Q] on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:28 pm

bowdown wrote: Rush and Conquest can be tough on you if you are not good at driving tanks, flying jets, knowing several details or atleast have a good understanding of the map along with many more tiny things..

Rush I can deal with, I liked playing similar games in COD but i had a terrible first run in conquest today. holy shit you weren't kidding... i suck at flying and either killing myself by crashing into the ground or i get shot down by someone else. I wound up with a couple of 0-fors in some matches.

tried the 2nd co-op mission and can't get past it on easy. i can last long enough to take out 1 mortar but wind up crashing. my first time, I tried taking off, wound up crashing in 3 seconds and the other player quit on me
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:17 pm

Was playing LA noire. Ok game. My unopened titles keep piling up though, recent ones being BF3 and Mass Effect 3. Gotta avoid impulse buys. But now I am seriously tempted to order this.

http://www.amazon.com/Afrika-Playstatio ... 979&sr=8-1

Anyone played this yet? Looks great to me. Sounds like a good break from FPS and Action.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby deihatein on Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:51 am

Replaying Max Payne since I didn't beat it the first time I installed it. The game atmosphere is so damn scary that it made me jump a couple of times and there is one boss that is just plain insane I love it.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Lean on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:12 am

Catching up for Max Payne 3?
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:35 am

Updated rosters for Live and NCAA 10, SSX, and some Fecking Sims 3
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:49 am

Jeffx wrote:
Andrew wrote:Speaking of Mortal Kombat, finally found a way to get the DLC the other week. (Y)

That's awesome man. So you'll have all the klassic skins and the four extra fighters - nice! I love using MK3 Sub-Zero. We have to get a NLSC King of the Hill tourney going.

I do indeed. (Y) I'm not sure if I'm able to get into online play but that'd be fun to try out some time.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Lean on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:20 am

Mass Effect 3. :(

Then Alduin's pending demise on Sovngarde.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby jenz on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:15 am

Damn, the graphics of battlefield 3 is mind-blowingly beautiful, and I only play it on medium settings. Good thing my laptop can even run it on medium. :shock:
jenz
Too cool for a custom title.

Postby deihatein on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:38 am

Lean wrote:Catching up for Max Payne 3?

Not really, just want to play and beat it. Also it seems they decided to stay away from the graphic novel story telling and the dark, creepy atmosphere that the series is known for.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby bowdown on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:34 am

jenz wrote:Damn, the graphics of battlefield 3 is mind-blowingly beautiful, and I only play it on medium settings. Good thing my laptop can even run it on medium. :shock:

What is your Solider Name? Mine is SherKhan55
bowdown

Postby JaoSming on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:52 am

add me too, JaoSming
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Jeffx on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:51 am

Andrew wrote:
Jeffx wrote:

I do indeed. (Y) I'm not sure if I'm able to get into online play but that'd be fun to try out some time.

My MK online record is .500(187-187). Some of those cats are just too damn fast for me.
Jeffx

Postby Lamrock on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:15 pm

Rented Prototype 2. I always preferred the inFamous series because they're better made games, but in this game, you're extremely overpowered, and it's pretty fun owning the shit out of everything in sight. Not too far in, but I'm having mindless fun, but not really hooked. Still, I can kill 50 innocent civilians with one button press so it gets points for that.
Lamrock

Postby el badman on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:55 am

I'm still trying to finish my second playthrough of Skyrim, I think I'm at 260 hours overall right now...It's a shame cuz it's "keeping" me from playing other games I barely started or haven't started yet, like Batman: AC, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, and LA Noire. And I'm not even talking about NBA 2K12, which I haven't even touched at all... I wanna get those over with before I delve into Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3 and Alan Wake (PC).
Also, I wasn't convinced at first, but Telltale's episodic series of The Walking Dead is apparently quite good, so since I'm obsessed with that show I'll definitely get it at some point.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:18 am

el badman wrote:It's a shame cuz it's "keeping" me from playing other games I barely started or haven't started yet, like Batman: AC, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, and LA Noire.

I can relate, Fallout's been a similar distraction for me at times. Damn Bethesda.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Lean on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:05 am

I'm tempted to re-play Skyrim with added gameplay mods too. Since Diablo III is an expensive SOB.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby el badman on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:42 am

Lean wrote:I'm tempted to re-play Skyrim with added gameplay mods too.

I certainly have quite a few of those myself, some of them really bring a completely new dimension to the game, which was already pretty badass out of the box. But yeah, it feels never ending because there are more great mods being created everyday, and Bethesda should release a couple of DLCs soon, so I kinda want to finish Skyrim to finally spend some time on my other games, and at the same time I don't really want to because of those reasons...
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby formx on Wed May 02, 2012 12:48 am

Well I'm playing MLB 12 The Show :D . I happened to be the starting pitcher of my team, until an injury brought me down to the depth chart. :shock:

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby JaoSming on Wed May 02, 2012 2:27 am

GOTY Trials Evolution, and, well, that is it, cause its GOTY bitchez.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby el badman on Wed May 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Alan Wake is on sale for $15 on Steam right now, just bought it and I'm downloading it.

I finally managed not to spend all my free time on Skyrim in order to play some more LA Noire. Pretty good game, I wasn't convinced at first, but it has a surprising amount of diversity to it. And those facial animations are pretty much mindblowing.
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby [Q] on Wed May 09, 2012 1:22 pm

I was thinking about buying the Sour Patch Kids game on PSN for 5 bucks. i heard it was pretty good
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Hyperize] on Thu May 10, 2012 10:11 am

Anyone try/play Star Wars: the old republic?
[Hyperize]

Postby deihatein on Fri May 18, 2012 5:53 pm

Just finished Batman: Arkham City.

Loved it, the combat, the Batman bosses especially Mr. Freeze and the side mission worked I guess. The only I didn't like was the "ending". It just ended. I hope DLC finishes the story or something.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic