Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby cavs4872 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:59 am

Addicted af to Luigi's Balloon World in Mario Odyssey... any Switch owners on here? I even got 2K18 to play Playground games on the pot. It was worth finding out that it wasn't worth it, if that makes any sense.
Image It's a race to the finish between my two Cavs stories!: 2K18 | 09: The Inside
User avatar
cavs4872
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 7:30 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby Lamrock on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:29 am

Okay, so Trackmania Turbo is my new favorite game. It's one of this month's free PS+ games, and it might just be the best one yet. It's basically Trials with cars.. There's an awesome campaign mode with 200 tracks (I'm on level 50), an extensive map editor I haven't tried yet and some other cool features I haven't completely perused.

The tracks are a rush to drive on, and I love the way the game looks. While the courses haven't been too crazy thus far, getting gold can be a real challenge sometimes. With how short they are (usually about 30 seconds), it's easy to find yourself attempting a level like 50 times before you beat it. I also love how the game's leaderboards show where you rank worldwide, nationwide, and even within your state/province! I'm gunning for that #1 in Washington state crown.

So yeah, I'd highly recommend this game. I mean, it's free if you have PS+. Definitely seems like something that would be up Jao's alley
Image
User avatar
Lamrock
 
Posts: 10679
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:02 pm
Location: Pacific Northwets

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby el badman on Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:18 am

Spending all my free time on Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Far Cry 5 right now (PC), both are fun as hell, but in completely different ways.
El Badmanator IV: Intel i7-7700K @4.2GHz, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB; Dell 2K 27"Monitor w/G-Sync @144Hz; Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; OCZ Vertex4 256GB SSD; ASUS Prime Z270-A mobo; Corsair Vengeance @2400MHz 16GB DDR4 RAM; Thermaltake 750W PSU; Razer DeathAdder Chroma gaming mouse; Gigabyte Aivia Osmium mechanical keyboard; Smilodon Dirk-Tooth case; Creative 5.1 Surround sound; Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Kit; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
User avatar
el badman
Last of the Meheecans
 
Posts: 4217
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:42 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby [Q] on Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:35 am

Lamrock wrote:Okay, so Trackmania Turbo is my new favorite game. It's one of this month's free PS+ games, and it might just be the best one yet. It's basically Trials with cars.. There's an awesome campaign mode with 200 tracks (I'm on level 50), an extensive map editor I haven't tried yet and some other cool features I haven't completely perused.

The tracks are a rush to drive on, and I love the way the game looks. While the courses haven't been too crazy thus far, getting gold can be a real challenge sometimes. With how short they are (usually about 30 seconds), it's easy to find yourself attempting a level like 50 times before you beat it. I also love how the game's leaderboards show where you rank worldwide, nationwide, and even within your state/province! I'm gunning for that #1 in Washington state crown.

So yeah, I'd highly recommend this game. I mean, it's free if you have PS+. Definitely seems like something that would be up Jao's alley

Downloaded it, haven't had the chance to play it yet. Watching the trailer gave me anxiety when I found out there are different parts of the track that you have to make it to.
Image
User avatar
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 12586
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:20 am
Location: Westside, the best side

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:01 am

el badman wrote:Spending all my free time on Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Far Cry 5 right now (PC), both are fun as hell, but in completely different ways.


Question on FarCry 5, because I can't seem to find this information.

Have you attempted the Co-op Mode? Is the second player limited on what he can do? I read something (and watched a video) that said something about Co-op not being all its cracked up to be because the second player has to start over every time you reboot up the game (Like they are just a casual tag along for the main character). I also read that the co-op player couldn't have his own armor upgrades, etc.

Right now my brother and I are deep into Elder Scrolls Online, are above level 100 champion and are going to keep playing. But, we are looking for a first person shooter RPG-esque game, as we have beat all of the Borderlands games together already. Right now, NBA 2K17 and Elder Scrolls basically take up all of my time.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 6028
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby el badman on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:57 am

Dee4Three wrote:
el badman wrote:Spending all my free time on Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Far Cry 5 right now (PC), both are fun as hell, but in completely different ways.


Question on FarCry 5, because I can't seem to find this information.

Have you attempted the Co-op Mode? Is the second player limited on what he can do? I read something (and watched a video) that said something about Co-op not being all its cracked up to be because the second player has to start over every time you reboot up the game (Like they are just a casual tag along for the main character). I also read that the co-op player couldn't have his own armor upgrades, etc.

Right now my brother and I are deep into Elder Scrolls Online, are above level 100 champion and are going to keep playing. But, we are looking for a first person shooter RPG-esque game, as we have beat all of the Borderlands games together already. Right now, NBA 2K17 and Elder Scrolls basically take up all of my time.

I can't say that I have, sorry man, I only play singleplayer campaigns regardless of the game.
El Badmanator IV: Intel i7-7700K @4.2GHz, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB; Dell 2K 27"Monitor w/G-Sync @144Hz; Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; OCZ Vertex4 256GB SSD; ASUS Prime Z270-A mobo; Corsair Vengeance @2400MHz 16GB DDR4 RAM; Thermaltake 750W PSU; Razer DeathAdder Chroma gaming mouse; Gigabyte Aivia Osmium mechanical keyboard; Smilodon Dirk-Tooth case; Creative 5.1 Surround sound; Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Kit; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
User avatar
el badman
Last of the Meheecans
 
Posts: 4217
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:42 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby [Q] on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Lamrock wrote:Okay, so Trackmania Turbo is my new favorite game. It's one of this month's free PS+ games, and it might just be the best one yet. It's basically Trials with cars.. There's an awesome campaign mode with 200 tracks (I'm on level 50), an extensive map editor I haven't tried yet and some other cool features I haven't completely perused.

The tracks are a rush to drive on, and I love the way the game looks. While the courses haven't been too crazy thus far, getting gold can be a real challenge sometimes. With how short they are (usually about 30 seconds), it's easy to find yourself attempting a level like 50 times before you beat it. I also love how the game's leaderboards show where you rank worldwide, nationwide, and even within your state/province! I'm gunning for that #1 in Washington state crown.

So yeah, I'd highly recommend this game. I mean, it's free if you have PS+. Definitely seems like something that would be up Jao's alley

Played the single player and it's kind of weird not racing against other cars but racing for time. I guess it's still a bit challenging. The weird stunts reminds me of a PC game I played as a kid called Whiplash. I loved that game.
Image
User avatar
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 12586
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:20 am
Location: Westside, the best side

Previous

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 6 guests