Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby Kenny on Tue May 16, 2017 3:49 pm

Cpt(K) wrote:Bloodborne is by far the most difficult game in FromSoftware's "Dark Souls" franchise. It is a PS4 exclusive, locked at 30 frames-- but the fast-paced, quick-thinking combat is to die for (see what I did there . . . okay slap me). :lol:

With The Old Hunters dlc, the already amazing soundtrack has raised the bar quite high in my opinion. I really would like a second game for Bloodborne, although the director apparently doesn't like to develop sequels, I think it'd be a nice addition to the different direction that Bloodborne provided in terms of combat.

My first experience with the Souls series was Dark Souls 2, and that game pretty much made me rage the entire time. I ended up trading it in after not many hours of playing it. Kind of regret that now, since at this point I understand why people love those games so much.

It's interesting to hear that Bloodborne is the most difficult. While I had my difficulties with the game, I found it to be far more accessible than DS2. I think the regain system is a big plus.

While we're talking about Dark Souls, I picked up pre-owned copy of the Prepare to Die edition of the first Dark Souls game on PS3. Thought it'd be good to give the series another shot after loving Bloodborne so much.

Edit: I see what you did there... eventually :lol:
Dion Waiters thinks you should check out my Sonics 2K17 thread.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Cpt(K) on Fri May 19, 2017 3:26 am

Well, come to think of it: Dark Souls 2 is the only one I haven't completed in its entirety (not counting Dark Souls 3 as I'm about to wrap up the second DLC). I mean, I've completed the base game, but haven't tried any of the DLC content. I own Scholar of the First sin on PC and PS4 though, just haven't gotten around to it I guess. I hear its DLC is much harder than the base game, but I'll found out for myself I guess.

I suppose Bloodborne was difficult for me, because I wasn't used to the whole quick-step mechanic which benefits an aggressive play-style with the regain system. I'm usually wanting to back away and slap my hip (blood vials haha), akin to how an Estus flask is used in the other games (e.g. get hit, back far enough away and heal).

A preowned copy of the first game? I hope you can still access the DLC area (Ooacile), I don't remember if that edition included the content with the install or if you have to redeem a code and download it. In any case, if you can pick it up during a Steam sale for like $5 it is worth it! With a few steps the game is mod-friendly, and can enhance your experience. Especially since frame-choking blighttown can be fixed on PC.
Cpt(K)

Postby Lean on Tue May 23, 2017 12:12 am

I've just finished Mass Effect: Andromeda. Sure it had its flaws and some of the side quests are pretty much repetitive, I think it's still an OK game.

The story is pretty much following Bioware's story tropes, and the dialogue is cheesy most of the time, but I find the combat to be its strongest point.

The ending suggests that there's a follow-up, but with the criticism it received, I think the IP should be shelved for now.

I think I'll re-play the original Mass Effect trilogy next.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby el badman on Tue May 23, 2017 8:45 am

Lean wrote:I've just finished Mass Effect: Andromeda. Sure it had its flaws and some of the side quests are pretty much repetitive, I think it's still an OK game.

The story is pretty much following Bioware's story stropes, and the dialogue is cheesy most of the time, but I find the combat to be its strongest point.

The ending suggests that there's a follow-up, but with the criticism it received, I think the IP should be shelved for now.

I think I'll re-play the original Mass Effect trilogy next.

I liked it too. Far from being a perfect game, with a lot of filler quests and annoying back and forth travels, plenty of lame dialogs, and tons of mediocre face animations, but overall it's still a solid game that deserves a chance. Replaying it as the sister right now.

Other than that, about 5-6 hours into Prey, which was very underwhelming at first but quickly becomes pretty addictive after the first couple of hours (annoying stuttering issues though), the same way that the Bioshock games were quickly capturing one's attention. And more than 30 hours into Ghost Recon: Wildands, which also is far from perfect but offers plenty of quality sandbox fun.
El Badmanator IV: Intel i7-3770K @3.50GHz, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB; Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; OCZ Vertex4 256GB SSD; ASUS P8Z77-V LX mobo; Corsair Vengeance @2133MHz 16GB DDR3 RAM; Samsung SyncMaster 3D LED 27" S27A950D; Thermaltake 750W PSU; Razer DeathAdder Chroma gaming mouse; Gigabyte Aivia Osmium mechanical keyboard; Smilodon Dirk-Tooth case; Creative 5.1 Surround sound; Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Kit; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Lean on Tue May 23, 2017 3:02 pm

el badman wrote:I liked it too. Far from being a perfect game, with a lot of filler quests and annoying back and forth travels, plenty of lame dialogs, and tons of mediocre face animations, but overall it's still a solid game that deserves a chance. Replaying it as the sister right now.

I may have the quest Ryder Family Secrets glitched as the quest progress marker says that I still am missing one step for it to get completed, but I'm sure as hell that I got all the memory triggers and the investigation part done.

I also think that the Andromeda Initiative's benefactor is The Ilusive man.

I also don't like SAM being the convenient do-it-all plot device.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Thu May 25, 2017 1:18 am

Still in the midst of my first play through of Andromeda and I agree that, while it has its flaws, it's still an enjoyable game. The characters need more development, but I think there's a lot of potential if they stick with the series (which unfortunately, may not be the case).
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Thu May 25, 2017 12:04 pm

I also find the Archon has weak writing compared to Saren. His goals are pretty much from a common bad guy.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:11 am

Super Hot VR is my new favorite VR game, so good

https://youtu.be/OeteleeKjvE
phpBB [video]

RiME is good so far, but I'm still early in it....just hoping I don't lose focus with it like I did with Zelda.

Danger Zone was exactly what I wanted it to be, just some Burnout-esk Crash mode with leaderboards. Hoping for DLC or modding support though....I got through all the zones in just over an hour.

....and Rocket League somehow crawled back into my life....
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ozxhwwmz4LJzpGAj22T5qa0ZVFBJ3yw

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lamrock on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:15 am

Danger Zone sounds interesting, but I'll wait for a flash sale.

I got Tekken 7 the other day. Love it. The Story Mode was a little underwhelming, and I can't beat the Bonus Stage. Great game for having people over though. Character customization is hilarious, and the gameplay is great as always.
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:38 am

Picked up Injustice 2. The AI feels a little cheap at times, but it's still fun. I like how they've changed things up a little in the story mode, with some of the chapters allowing you to alternate between characters so that fights and scenes play out a little differently.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:53 am

Watched the "movie" from that, they did a great job with the story yet again
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby [Q] on Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:27 pm

I've watched all the superhot stuff online and it looks fun but I haven't gotten around to getting that yet. Looks like a game I'd play when I was younger. Cool puzzle type game
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:38 pm

JaoSming wrote:Watched the "movie" from that, they did a great job with the story yet again

It's definitely well-produced and enjoyable so far. The "premium edition"/season pass is $60 AUS though, which is kinda lame. Depending on the new characters that are added, I'll wait for a PSN sale before considering it.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:43 pm

FREE COPIES OF PAYDAY 2 BEING GIVEN AWAY ON STEAM RIGHT NOW. Good for today only, so get it now!
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:47 pm

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:36 am

My friend sold me his Xbox One and some games for cheap so I've been playing Forza Horizon 3 and Motorsport 6. I like the console overall - the controller is great and it's nice to have a few of my old 360 games back. However, no custom soundtracks/Spotify integration is a real drag. (Groove Music?!?!)

Horizon 3 is amazing. One of the funnest driving games I've ever played.. just so polished and filled with fun things to do. Graphics are beautiful. Soundtrack is hit & miss but I like it. Makes me feel like a kid again - especially that incredible Hot Wheels DLC. Motorsport 6 is a bit disappointing. The career mode is pretty weak - there's no excitement in getting a Lamborghini if I won't even be able to use it for another 30 races. And with this game the lack of custom soundtracks is a killer. I listen to music with my headphones when I play that one, and it took a while to get used to shifting without listening to the engine. Fortunately the controller helps.

Xbone isn't the strongest for exclusives, but does anybody have any recommendations? I'm intrigued by Sunset Overdrive and Gears 4, but that's about it. Also, my gamertag is Lamrock93 if you want to add me.
Lamrock

Postby JaoSming on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:04 am

Rare Replay is worth a look, Killer Instinct is fun, & look into EA Access if you haven't already
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Its_asdf on Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:38 am

Just picked up a few games from the Steam Summer Sale:

Shadows of Mordor - Played it for two hours; fucking hated it. The story did not seem that interesting, but then again I am not a die hard LoTR guy. I see a lot of comparisons drawn to the Arkham games but I was a lot more drawn in to the story and Batman as a character seems a lot easier for me to identify with than some generic Aragorn-lite. The game has polish and the animations are fantastic; I just find very little reason to get invested.

Faster than Light - Not played yet, although I have heard great things regarding the replayability of it.

Civ 6 - I was a very big fan of Civ 5 after all of the patches/expansions. Also yet to play this one but I am fairly confident it is up my alley.

I am on the fence between grabbing Wasteland 2, Dishonored 1 or Stardew Valley as my final purchase for the summer.

Anyone else have any games to recommend or share any purchases made during the steam sale?
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Kenny on Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:08 pm

Started replaying Fallout New Vegas when my internet was out. Still my favourite of the Fallout FPS series.

I also bought Fable in the Steam sale, after having a bunch of people tell me it's an amazing game. Hope it lives up to the hype.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:27 pm

Kenny wrote:Started replaying Fallout New Vegas when my internet was out. Still my favourite of the Fallout FPS series.

(Y)

I've been playing through 3 again recently, exploring and trying a few things I hadn't before. I've got a half-finished playthrough of New Vegas that I'll do the same with.

I would like to get into 4 properly. Last time I picked it up I found I enjoyed it a lot more.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Its_asdf on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:28 am

You have good taste. (Y) If New Vegas did not have such a rushed buggy release I think it would definitely would have garnered just as much praise, if not more, than FO3.

I also have FO4 but after the initial few weeks of playing it on release I do not really have a strong urge to go back to it. I'm still pretty salty about the voiced protagonist and the weak dialogue system. I could also live without the wasteland Sim City stuff with the settlements as well. I sound like one of those fans, but those were core aspects of the game that should not have been messed with.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:25 am

Yeah, the voiced protagonist and dialogue system definitely isn't my favourite aspect of 4. After all the patches, New Vegas turned out great I thought. It's a shame they didn't have more development time to implement post-ending gameplay, as Broken Steel did with 3.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Pdub on Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:26 am

I went back to fallout 3 when I read about hilarious low intelligence dialog in other fallout games. I didn't find out until starting it again that there ween't any in Fallout 3.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Its_asdf on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:18 am

Andrew wrote:Yeah, the voiced protagonist and dialogue system definitely isn't my favourite aspect of 4. After all the patches, New Vegas turned out great I thought. It's a shame they didn't have more development time to implement post-ending gameplay, as Broken Steel did with 3.

It's a shame about 4 too, because I feel like the gun play is incredibly satisfying. If it were titled "AAA Open World Action Adventure Game" I'd gobble it up. But when you slap the Fallout name on to a title, there are certain expectations that come with the brand.

I think that's probably why I ended up purchasing Wasteland 2 on Steam the other day, I'm craving that certain tone that 4 really deviated from.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:51 am

Random sidenote: I applied for a job at the creators of new vegas
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:35 am

Pdub wrote:I went back to fallout 3 when I read about hilarious low intelligence dialog in other fallout games. I didn't find out until starting it again that there ween't any in Fallout 3.

Yeah, there's only a couple in 3. Not really worth it, like it is with New Vegas.

Its_asdf wrote:It's a shame about 4 too, because I feel like the gun play is incredibly satisfying. If it were titled "AAA Open World Action Adventure Game" I'd gobble it up. But when you slap the Fallout name on to a title, there are certain expectations that come with the brand.

In a Cracked article, Fallout 4 was described as being like someone made a movie about Fallout 3. Probably not a bad way of putting it. However, I'm going to give it another chance. Some changes I liked, others not so much.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Lean on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:03 am

I felt that Bethesda spent more time on the settlement building system of the game rather than the story. Of all the DLC content, Far Harbor is the best for me.

And also, I haven't really finished New Vegas. I might give that a go instead.

Its_asdf wrote:Shadows of Mordor - Played it for two hours; fucking hated it. The story did not seem that interesting, but then again I am not a die hard LoTR guy. I see a lot of comparisons drawn to the Arkham games but I was a lot more drawn in to the story and Batman as a character seems a lot easier for me to identify with than some generic Aragorn-lite. The game has polish and the animations are fantastic; I just find very little reason to get invested.

I remember how much I hated the game when I spent hours killing all the orc captains (making sure they're beheaded so that they are Dead dead) and find out that there's a second map with a complete orc organization then when I came back to the first map, the orcs are replaced anew.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:35 am

Lean wrote:I felt that Bethesda spent more time on the settlement building system of the game rather than the story.

That's a good point, too. The settlement building reminds me a little of the turf wars of GTA: San Andreas, or the empire building of GTA: Vice City Stories (and the original Vice City, for that matter). It isn't quite as intrusive, but it's still a bit more crucial to the game (and at times, the plot) than I'd like.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby jenz on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:42 am

I really liked Fallout 4, but yeah, non-voiced protagonist would have been a better choice. It leaves much to the imagination. Now it kinda feels like Mass Effect 3. But man, killing anything in Fallout 4 is so much better. I tried re-playing New Vegas, but I got so spoiled with the graphical and animation improvements in 4.
jenz
Too cool for a custom title.

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:45 am

In fairness to Bethesda, I think they were in a tough spot there. If they Sole Survivor hadn't been voiced, there'd be people saying it's an outdated approach that doesn't allow the game to expand from a cinematic standpoint. Giving them a voice obviously doesn't please everyone either, especially with the dialogue system.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby jenz on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:52 am

Fair point. It did not really deter the enjoyment for me. Overall, a pretty good job, even with the DLC's.

I played 4 without bothering much with the settlement aspect and I feel kinda guilty for it. Maybe sometime I can re-play it and explore on this.
jenz

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:54 am

I feel more guilty about turning settlements hostile thanks to my..."persuasion" to get them to provide crops to the Brotherhood of Steel. :lol:

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby jenz on Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:04 pm

Yeah, the sad part is I did not realize it was an endless quest similar to those from Preston. Damn those quests. :lol:
jenz

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:22 pm

For sure. I preferred 3 and New Vegas' approach in that regard, where the repeatable quests for rewards/XP were unmarked in the Pip-Boy, perhaps after an initial marked quest that introduced you to the concept.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:41 pm

As much as I enjoyed the settlement building aspect of 4, it made the game feel really repetitive. Kind of in the same vein as Skyrim and the Dark Brotherhood bounties. That's where I don't mind the finality of New Vegas. I like how New Vegas explicitly tells you that you are going into a point of no return. I can't remember if 3 has that, but it's a good way to avoid ending your game and kind of why I had no issue with not being able to return sans ending.

I'll probably end up going back to 3 at some point as well, but I don't like how insignificant your player feels in that game. The morality system in that game seems a little more black and white as well. In saying all that, I still enjoyed the game. I just thought New Vegas was a major improvement as far as how open its gameplay was.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:48 pm

3 didn't have that warning, so that was a nice touch in New Vegas. Broken Steel remedied that issue of course, but on my first playthrough, it caught me a little offguard.

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Its_asdf on Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:35 pm

All this Fallout 4 talk is making want to go back now... I bought the rest of the DLC during a steam sale a while ago but I haven't touched the game in over a year!

I liked the analogy of comparing FO4 to a movie made about Fallout. It definitely has a lot more of a bombastic, summer blockbuster feel to it.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Lean on Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:35 pm

I actually didn't mind the voiced main character, but it definitely took out the multiple dialogue options from previous games. I also hated the very minimized dialogue options in the dialogue wheel.

I liked the side quests in Fallout 4.

Jenz wrote:Yeah, the sad part is I did not realize it was an endless quest similar to those from Preston. Damn those quests.

Here, I'll mark it on your map.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Its_asdf on Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:41 pm

Lean wrote:
Here, I'll mark it on your map.

Fuck. My temptation to play all of a sudden took a nosedive. :lol:
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Lean on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:10 pm

Play the Far Harbor DLC! Nuka-World was a bit in the middle for me.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby jenz on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:10 pm

Far Harbor is better, yeah. Nuka World, I feel works better if you play the bad guy. The good guy approach cuts it short, iirc.
jenz

Postby Lamrock on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:50 am

I played the shit out of Fallout 4 when it came out, but haven't touched it since. It was really more of an action game with RPG elements than anything else. I did enjoy the settlement building aspect of it, clunky as it was. Probably my favorite part of the game. Might revisit it to check out some of the mods. I'd give it a WHERE'S SEAN / 10.

Anyway, I've been playing way too much video games lately. Here are some brief reviews.

Forza Motorsport 6 - Disappointing. I play these kind of games for the GT-style grind of starting with a shitty car and grinding my way to a garage full of cool cars, as well as for a background activity while I listen to music. Thanks to the weak career mode and lack of a custom soundtrack feature, I can't really do either.

Forza Horizon 3 - While I burnt out on this one, it took a pretty long time! While you pretty much have access to most of the cars right away, this game has a million other things going on to keep your interest. I love games like Midnight Club and Need For Speed, and to play a game in the same vein, with the driving engine and car licenses of Forza... well I guess living in the 10's isn't all bad...

Dead Rising 3 - Picked the complete edition up for free and beat it in about a week. Not as good as the first two. I regret not playing in Nightmare Mode, because the default mode, while fun, misses the challenge that makes the series so much fun (and aggravating...) But as bad as the storyline is, killing zombies and leveling up is pretty addicting. Not bad for a launch title!

Sunset Overdrive - Always wanted to play this. It gets a bad rap for trying to hard to be cool and funny. But while it does fail to be either of those things, it is a pretty addicting sandbox game. I love the vibrant graphics, and Jet Set Radio-style gameplay. Didn't really like it at first, but once the main campaign gained steam and I figured out some of the less intuitive mechanics, I couldn't put it down.

The Witness - If I wanted to constantly be frustrated and feel like an idiot, I'd take more Calculus classes.

NBA 2K17 - It's complicated.
Lamrock

Postby [Q] on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Recently purchased gran turismo and gran turismo 2 for some nostalgia. Really wanted to do the rally racing which they've gotten away from as well as the old tracks like Seattle circuit
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Isn't Rally racing in GT Sport?
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby [Q] on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:09 pm

JaoSming wrote:Isn't Rally racing in GT Sport?

hmm, not sure, but since it moved to PS3, the series has had like 1 dirt course and 1 snow course and those races were a bit of an afterhtought. I forget if it was GT5 or GT6 had a pretty cool rally mode that was pretty short
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:26 pm

I'm remembering rally courses from those games, and iirc the course creators in both allowed for custom courses to be made on dirt & snow. Also also, just saw it in the trailer out today for Sport
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAjr9CPBEWc
phpBB [video]

I'm still stuck in my normal 2K & Rocket League life. Playing Crash on PS4 with my wife and enjoying that, nice remake.

But holy hell, Fire Pro Wrestling World. If you are even kind of a wrestling fan its a must buy. There are over 2,700 wrestlers in the workshop and the damn game hasn't even been out for a week.
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby [Q] on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Oh shit that looks pretty. I might wind up getting it when it goes on sale, probably not day 1 ish. A little disappointing that there are so few cars since they dumped the PS2 cars since I can't drive my 04 STI so I'll have to settle for a new one. I mean, I wouldn't be driving in a 90s supra or an FD all the time but I kinda like collecting cars in the game
It will be cool to race with the new cars and the cars that have never been in the game.

I'll have to give fire pro a look. How's the gameplay? In wrestling games, I've always been a fan of doing special matches and hardcore matches
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:12 pm

Fire Pro caught my attention as well, so I'd also be interested in some impressions. (Y)

Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:46 am

It's definitely worth a look right now, as it's $20 in early access on PC, but in a few months they're planning to release the "full version" for $40 on PC and PS4. At least you can refund with Steam if it's not your thing.

The gameplay is quirky, but once I got used to it I've been having a lot of fun. It's timing based. So it's really easy to whiff on striking moves if the sprites aren't lined up right. Grapples are done automatically by walking into each other, and once you lock up you input a command ASAP, because neither guy "controls" the grapple. Later in the match there is a "breathe" button you need to use to keep your guy from getting winded.

There are weapons, and deathmatches (below), you can see the blood spreading on the mat. No tables or ladders though (yet, hopefully).

https://gfycat.com/warmheartedlikelyaoudad
phpBB [video]

There are also MMA fights in the ring or a UFC type cage.

https://youtu.be/G36TFMaOhv8?t=5301
phpBB [video]

The edit mode is absolute insanity, and there is full logic people edit so wrestler AI does sequences of moves, and only use special moves rarely.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/brow ... ribers&p=1

If you get it, definitely start in the "Mission" mode. It starts with tutorials then has 50 matches for you to do with objectives. Can't use custom rosters in it, but it's what has taught me how to play the game properly...otherwise I'd still be simming/watching matches.
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:58 am

Currently I'm playing (All for PC)

- Fallout 4 - Beautiful game when maxed out...
- Castlevania Lord of Shadows (I beat the 2nd one already). This Is such an underrated game.
- Devil May Cry 4 - Still havn't beat it, another really solid game.
- Dragons Dogma - DEEP game
- Alien Rage - Supremely underrated, and extremely hard on the hardest difficulty
- NBA 2K series - All the way back to 2k10 (Of course)
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic