The Milestone Thread

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

The Milestone Thread

Postby J@3 on Wed May 24, 2006 6:23 pm

As most of you know, a minor problem around these parts lately has become the number of milestone threads popping up where people put absolutely no effort into their post and wait for the "Congrats" spam posts to come from everyone else. It's just pointless and self serving, so instead of wasting time with an entire thread for each of these milestones, you now have to post them in here. Here are the conditions:

• You can post your milestone in here, but make it an actual milestone. 1,000, 2,000 etc... if you're celebrating your 300th post the chances are you won't last long enough to post 301. The entire purpose of this thread is for those who can't be bothered putting together a decent milestone thread.
  • If you reach a milestone and want to actually put some effort into a milestone thread, you may post a separate milestone thread. We're not trying to discourage people from making good threads, but it's the useless spam ones we're trying to control.
  • Just posting a list of peoples names is not enough to qualify for a separate milestone thread. If you want to just do that, it goes in here.
  • If you're not celebrating a milestone, congratulating someone on their milestone or discussing it, don't post here. This isn't another spam thread for people to just post anything and everything, it's purely for milestones and milestone related posts only. Anything else will be deleted.
  • Don't post "good thread" or "good idea' after this post... if you have a question you can post that and I'll answer it, but I think it's pretty straight forward.

This will be stickied at the expense of my General Talk Announcement/Lecture thread... I will be replacing it with something more upto date.
Last edited by J@3 on Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J@3

Postby Ruff Ryder on Thu May 25, 2006 6:45 am

Thank God...er...Jaesus.

I was gonna propose an idea to limit Milestone's to like 1500, 3000, 5000, 7500 maybe, 10000. Not 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000, etc.

I was kinda dissappointed to see someone who I rarely see get 1000 posts and 70 comments after listing 15 names of people with no explanation of why they're there. I spent like an hour on mine, had probably 70+ people and got under 50 comments.

Anyway, word. (Y)

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby J@3 on Thu May 25, 2006 10:09 am

We both brought up a good idea to add to this, not just 'good thread'

You didn't bring up a good idea, you just agreed with someone elses. I've left TBD's post since he was the one who thought of the idea, the other posts are gone.

Anyways yeah, milestones would be 1,000, 2,000 etc... if people want to celebrate their 1,247th post I'll just delete it anyway.
J@3

Postby Colin on Thu May 25, 2006 12:12 pm

Yay! #5648!!!

Anyways, I'll stick to my guns on what milestones: 1000, 2000, 5000, 10 000, and then add 5000 and you have a milestone.

Remy, agreed on the shoutouts. I was at 4900 or something and wrote them out in a word document so the internet couldn't crash and lose them. :lol:
C#
Pretty Flaco
Colin

Postby Stevesanity on Fri May 26, 2006 3:07 am

Good to see this getting the green light. (y)

General Talk will definitely be that much neater from now on, I hope. :?
Signature Thanks to My Crappy Photoshop Skills :crazy:
Stevesanity

Re: The NLSC Milestone Thread

Postby Donatello on Fri May 26, 2006 3:19 am

Jae wrote: If you're not celebrating a milestone, congratulating someone on their milestone or discussing it, don't post here. This isn't another spam thread for people to just post anything and everything, it's purely for milestones and milestone related posts only. Anything else will be deleted.

Don't post "good thread" or "good idea' after this post... if you have a question you can post that and I'll answer it, but I think it's pretty straight forward.

For the love of god people.... read! :shock: He already deleted all the general comments about this once, don't make him lock it and ruin this good idea ;)
||[b]b]||
Donatello
Dongatello

Postby Matthew on Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:31 am

Ive never been a fan of milestone threads, but this one has less replies then Peachy's milestone thread, so this is perfect for me to announce my 4000th post. It took me around 1500 days of saying and doing virtually nothing, so its quite an honor. Thanks all who helped :crazy:.
Matthew

Postby Scotty on Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:25 pm

welldone on 4,000 Matthew-you hold this place together (Y)

Go Nuggets!
Scotty

Postby Matthew on Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:41 pm

Haha thanks mate. It's definately an honour and a privle... ah fuck it. :)
Matthew

Postby Drex on Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:30 am

Where the fuck are the shoutouts!?!?!??one1

Congrats man (Y) :mrgreen:
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Fenix on Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:45 pm

Congrats, Matthew. You're a great presence to have around here and I respect you because of the type of poster and mod you are, because of your competivness and I certainly like debating with you. You're one of the rare posters who actually read what guys above them wrote and actually exchange thoughts with them rather than just post your generic opinon. I hope you'll be among the leaders of this community for many years to come (Y).

P.S.
I don't like you calling people idiots, although I learned to take those things for granted when it comes to your posts. Actually, forget it, it's basically your trademark :lol:.
"Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team." (Scottie Pippen, #33)
Fenix
There's no I in threesome

Postby Fitzy on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:03 pm

good stuff on the 4000 matthew
ive never really talked to you but you seem like a really cool guy
Fitzy

Postby The X on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:10 pm

congrats....it's good to see the Milestone Thread is working, it's keeping the idiots from doing their ones :lol: all that being said, I did plan on using this thread if & when I get to 5k....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Matthew on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:30 pm

Fenix wrote:Congrats, Matthew. You're a great presence to have around here and I respect you because of the type of poster and mod you are, because of your competivness and I certainly like debating with you. You're one of the rare posters who actually read what guys above them wrote and actually exchange thoughts with them rather than just post your generic opinon. I hope you'll be among the leaders of this community for many years to come (Y).

P.S.
I don't like you calling people idiots, although I learned to take those things for granted when it comes to your posts. Actually, forget it, it's basically your trademark :lol:.

You don't me calling the idiots in here idiots? Ok I'll call them Paris Hilton from now on :P . And the :crazy: icon is my trademark. But the mutual respect is there in most of our debates.
congrats....it's good to see the Milestone Thread is working, it's keeping the idiots from doing their ones Laughing all that being said, I did plan on using this thread if & when I get to 5k....

Hahaha! I'm the only one to use it so far :crazy: so i guess im an idiot too (happy vank? :proud:)
Matthew

Postby peaches on Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:52 pm

You lie Matt. Your trademark is the word Cunt.

[matthew] You ___ Cunt! [/matthew] :crazy:

Or if it's not involving the word cunt, its paying out Sit. :lol:

Congrats on the milestone. You were pretty friendly to me when i first started posting, for that you'll have my respect (Y)
(Which isn't much but it is something) :proud:
It took you a while to get to 5k.
peaches

Postby Drex on Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:17 am

It took you a while to get to 5k.

It took him so much time that he hasn't reached it yet, he's still on 4k :crazy: (the :crazy: is for showing respect to Matthew)
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Jugs on Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:11 am

Using :crazy: is great, I use it on MSN all the time, so Matthew doesn't see it and doesn't rip me apart for using it :proud: .

I use :proud: now too. Fuck, I want to be like Matthew now.

Congratz, I beat you to 4k!!1!! :evil: .

U GOTO HELL!!! U MAKE GOD VERY ANGRY!!! GOD NO LIKE THAT.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Jugs

Postby Drex on Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:11 am

Using :crazy: is great, I use it on MSN all the time

Me too, man. I guess we're all wannabe Matthews deep inside our hearts.
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Blasphemy on Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:03 pm

Nice job mathew. You are a great member. :D :) (Y) :mrgreen:
Blasphemy

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:06 pm

4K for Matthew, hooray. :bday:

Jugs wrote:I use :proud: now too

I think Dweeber already used :proud:, :roll:, and :wink: too often.
I think Tales used :proud: or this :mrgreen: with LOL.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby .Dee. on Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:27 am

Yeh congrats Matthew it must have been some :crazy: posting lol.

*yay i have 200 post* congradulate me lol. j/k
Above The Intellectuals:::....
CapitolWizards!!!
.Dee.

Postby Nick on Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:50 pm

I had something a bit different planned for my next shoutout thread, but i'll save it for 5,000, since it's more of a milestone than 4G. Plus it wasn't long ago since i made my last shoutouts, so i'd probably just be repeating myself anyway. But yeah, 4,000 for barnsey. Woohoo!

:bday:
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby .Dee. on Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:08 am

Congratz :crazy: but it took you 3 going on 4 years... :mrgreen:
Above The Intellectuals:::....
CapitolWizards!!!
.Dee.

Postby Cable on Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:59 am

More like 2 years, he ditched the NLSC for a while.
And I'm going to see them in Toronto!
Cable

Postby Nick on Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:15 pm

I missed most of Apr 2005 through to Feb 06 i think.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Next

Return to Off-Topic